The Official 2020 Cincinnati Reds Thread

Calling it now: Reds get off to another slow start in 2021, then Bell gets fired after 60-70 games and another fill-in manager like Benadvides or somebody brings them to the end of the season. Another wasted year

Looking back, they should've just kept Riggleman.

Calling it now: Reds get off to another slow start in 2021, then Bell gets fired after 60-70 games and another fill-in manager like Benadvides or somebody brings them to the end of the season. Another wasted year

Looking back, they should've just kept Riggleman.
2022 will be wasted because, they have to give the fill in scrub a full season to see if he is the guy.

Can they really afford Springer?

Not sure, but I love that guy. But I think OF is less a need than SS and C. We've invested in Castellanos and Shogo, and Winker proved he needs to play every day. I truly think Shogo will be a very good lead-off guy if frickin Bell lets him play every day.

The Reds are committed to 90M for next season. Assuming the Reds can hit the $150M mark (who knows after this season), they'll likely spend around 17M on arbitration (Iglesias and Lorenzen and Bradley). That leaves $43M to resign Bauer and upgrade the offense.

Could the Reds look to sign Molina? He'd be relatively cheap I'd suspect but at 38 he might be done.

75% of the Central is out and the Cardinals are close to elimination, down to their last 9 outs. For some reason, this makes me smile.

You’re reasoning is stupid, but Molina is done. The Reds would be dumb to sign him
The Reds are the Cardinals bitch; signing an all- time great Cardinal when he's well past his prime would only make them more of the Cardinals' bitch. Imagine if the Bengals had tried to sign Hines Ward right before he retired; that would've been f'ing embarrassing. Besides, Molina started 42 games and hit .262 this year so I don't think he's going anywhere.

He would be an upgrade over Casali. However it would depend on his price.
Casali 224/366/500
Castellanos 225/498/486
Votto 226/354/446
Suarez 202/312/470
Moustakas 230/331/468

I'm not defending Casali at all, it shows how putrid the Reds #2-5 hitters were.

Also Jose Iglesias hit .373 in 39 games with the Orioles and made $2.5M. But the Reds chose to keep Freddy Galvis hit who hit .220 and made $5.5M. Fire Nick Krall

The Reds are committed to 90M for next season. Assuming the Reds can hit the $150M mark (who knows after this season), they'll likely spend around 17M on arbitration (Iglesias and Lorenzen and Bradley). That leaves $43M to resign Bauer and upgrade the offense.

Could the Reds look to sign Molina? He'd be relatively cheap I'd suspect but at 38 he might be done.
Hard pass for me. I think he is about washed up. Plus I just hate him.

The Reds are the Cardinals bitch; signing an all- time great Cardinal when he's well past his prime would only make them more of the Cardinals' bitch. Imagine if the Bengals had tried to sign Hines Ward right before he retired; that would've been f'ing embarrassing. Besides, Molina started 42 games and hit .262 this year so I don't think he's going anywhere.
Well the Bengals did sign James Harrison so...

If he was in his prime, you try to sign him if possible, this is a business first. However, he’s washed up and not worth it. Stephenson is a better option long term.

Hard pass for me. I think he is about washed up. Plus I just hate him.
I could understand if he was a horrible person off the field or in the locker room, but if you just hate him bc he’s an a hole on the field, tough. I don’t get why so many of you are emotional about these players. If they can help the Reds win, that’s all that matters.