The Mandalorian/All Things Star Wars

I used to be one of the biggest Star Wars fans but Kathleen Kennedy ruined it for me. The first two seasons of the Mandalorian were awesome but I'm hearing this third season isn't good at all and I'm not a fan at all with how they treated Gina Carano and let Pedro Pascal walk free. The Star Wars sequels were also garbage. Now they are releasing too many shows and different stories and it's just becoming too saturated when it used to be more of a novelty and rare for a movie to come out. IMO Star Wars ended after Episode III.
I think I read they're trying to find a way to bring back Carano. Maybe a mistake recognized? The first two seasons of Mandalorean were for me just something to watch so I've enjoyed the third about equaly. Ancient wookie one, I'm not too hopeful on. Something around KOTOR would be my go-to.

I think I read they're trying to find a way to bring back Carano. Maybe a mistake recognized? The first two seasons of Mandalorean were for me just something to watch so I've enjoyed the third about equaly. Ancient wookie one, I'm not too hopeful on. Something around KOTOR would be my go-to.
Trying to bring her back after firing her? Good luck with that one.

Order 66 drinking game. Person who can slay the most Yuenglings in 66 mins is put on the jedi council but not granted the rank of master.

Lars Mikkelson, the voice of Thrawn in Rebels, officially cast as the live action Thrawn.

LARS-MIKKELSEN-thrawn-ahsoka.jpg

"'The Acolyte' will take viewers into a galaxy of shadowy secrets and emerging dark-side powers in the final days of the High Republic era," it reads. "A former Padawan reunites with her Jedi Master to investigate a series of crimes but discovers the forces they confront are more sinister than they ever anticipated."

Lars Mikkelson, the voice of Thrawn in Rebels, officially cast as the live action Thrawn.

LARS-MIKKELSEN-thrawn-ahsoka.jpg

Good choice. He gave an otherworldly voice to the character. I wish they'd done that with Ahsoka, given the role to the voice actress. I enjoy the actress chosen in many of her other roles, just not so much this one.

So it appears they jam as much plot into the 7th episode with all kind of Star Wars Easter eggs to insure fans will come back for more. Worked well and I like where it is heading but did we need all the side trip filler this season? Maybe 1 would be a nice respite but the multiple ones?!? Regardless when Grogu was on the screen this week I totally got this vibe:

1681388320956.png

So it appears they jam as much plot into the 7th episode with all kind of Star Wars Easter eggs to insure fans will come back for more. Worked well and I like where it is heading but did we need all the side trip filler this season? Maybe 1 would be a nice respite but the multiple ones?!? Regardless when Grogu was on the screen this week I totally got this vibe:

View attachment 40767

I'm kind of mixed on it. Yes this season had a few standalonish episodes (I wouldn't call them filler), but at the same time I found them to be enjoyable episodes.

Episode 6 is probably the best example of that. A very fun episode, but at the same time 3/4 of the episode was side plot, though I'll say I would like to know more about post-war.

I'll add though, if next week is the last episode of the show, I'd agree with how this season has gone overall. That said, I'm still hoping we get a Season 4 before the planned movie.

I'm happy with the season. As well done as the others. That Din has moved to second voice is a good thing. They never in S1 or S2 made it a character worth following. It quickly got over shadowed by a toy and any legacy character that showed up.

As for the episode, the story was fine. I enjoyed the direction it seems to be going. Esposito's three words and a breath as dramatic exposition is so sad though. The council scene particularly failed for me even though it told a lot of story.

I'll add though, if next week is the last episode of the show, I'd agree with how this season has gone overall. That said, I'm still hoping we get a Season 4 before the planned movie.
They have a couple years before the Endgame type film that will wrap everything up is slated to premier. I bet we get 1 more season of Mandalorian and probably another Ashoka to lead into the big Thrawn resolution in the film.

Saw some geek chatter that the Armorer is a spy for Moff Gideon and she brought the waring factions together so Giddeon could wipe them out. Her helmet is "Maul" like and maybe she is going to be the new leader?

Also who is going to come to help out the good Mandalorians? Does Baba Fett answer a call? Does someone go to the Republic bar and get those guys including Zed to lend a hand? That could be a nice lead in to the Ashoka series. Or does Grogu use the force to turn the Mythosaur into a valuable asset to aid the cause? It is almost assured that Thrawn shows up either at the very end or post credit in the classic villain does it himself type situation.

Saw some geek chatter that the Armorer is a spy for Moff Gideon and she brought the waring factions together so Giddeon could wipe them out. Her helmet is "Maul" like and maybe she is going to be the new leader?

Also who is going to come to help out the good Mandalorians? Does Baba Fett answer a call? Does someone go to the Republic bar and get those guys including Zed to lend a hand? That could be a nice lead in to the Ashoka series. Or does Grogu use the force to turn the Mythosaur into a valuable asset to aid the cause? It is almost assured that Thrawn shows up either at the very end or post credit in the classic villain does it himself type situation.
haven't watched it yet, but saw a video about that theory.

As for answering the call, I've heard Boba Fett and Fennick Shand mentioned. I was surprised Grogu didn't save the day this episode.

Solid episode and I guess it is satisfying if looking to pay off season 3 as a contained story line, basically the Book of Bo Katan. Interesting that there were no post credit scene, big cameos, or a set up for the Ashoka series; I kind of liked that. It also looks like season 4 will have that western bounty hunter vibe from season 1 but will have Din Grogu acting as Tonto to Mando's Lone Ranger.

Solid episode and I guess it is satisfying if looking to pay off season 3 as a contained story line, basically the Book of Bo Katan. Interesting that there were no post credit scene, big cameos, or a set up for the Ashoka series; I kind of liked that. It also looks like season 4 will have that western bounty hunter vibe from season 1 but will have Din Grogu acting as Tonto to Mando's Lone Ranger.

have they confirmed a Season 4 yet?

This definitely had the feel of a Series Finale. Wrapping up the story, but of course leaving the door open for future adventures (like the movie).