The Mandalorian/All Things Star Wars

I like that they are expanding this part of the universe. I don't think it would survive if it was just the Mandalorian on a mission of the week which Season 1 started out as.

We're starting to see how Mando's story is part of the larger universe, which IMO is a good thing.
I would be OK with that if they gave each story line the proper time to flesh it out in their own show on their own time, I feel like there is still a lot of story to be told within Mando's world so why push it to the back of the line so that you can tease things? One of the benefits of an episodic TV show is you can really do a deep dive into a character and are not limited due to time constraints like a film. I feel like there is so much more to tell about the two primary characters and worried they will rush through things because they have to tee up Ashoka and whatever else they have in the pipeline to make $s. By the way here is Esquires list of story lines so far this season of Mandalroian:

• Grogu's continuing education, Jedi, Mandalorian, or otherwise. I'll throw in the unspooling of the kid's Order 66 memories here, too, as a treat.
  • Bo-Katan Kryze's spiritual journey, which may or may not lead to a battle to the death over the Darksaber with Mando.
  • Mando not really knowing how to swing around the Darksaber—and the Darksaber itself—is a D-plot at this point, right?
  • The trials and tribulations of Greef Karga as he tries to make Nevarro a Happy Place.
  • The Andorization of this show—i.e. whatever's going on with Dr. Pershing and Elia Kane. Plus, the implications of Pershing's research. This dude was trying to engineer Force-sensitive Stormtroopers, remember?
  • The exiled Mandalorians' search for a permanent home, whether that ends up being Nevarro or Mandalore.
  • Mythosaurs!
  • Captain Teva's search for Moff Gideon is going to be a thing now.
  • (Related: Implied Moff Gideon redemption?!)
  • Boba Fett, who's in a bacta tank, somewhere, hibernating until fans once again call for his return.
  • The looming shadow of the sequel trilogy.
  • The daddification of Din Djarin? (He doesn't really have a story anymore, post-bath.)

I would be OK with that if they gave each story line the proper time to flesh it out in their own show on their own time, I feel like there is still a lot of story to be told within Mando's world so why push it to the back of the line so that you can tease things? One of the benefits of an episodic TV show is you can really do a deep dive into a character and are not limited due to time constraints like a film. I feel like there is so much more to tell about the two primary characters and worried they will rush through things because they have to tee up Ashoka and whatever else they have in the pipeline to make $s. By the way here is Esquires list of story lines so far this season of Mandalroian:

• Grogu's continuing education, Jedi, Mandalorian, or otherwise. I'll throw in the unspooling of the kid's Order 66 memories here, too, as a treat.
  • Bo-Katan Kryze's spiritual journey, which may or may not lead to a battle to the death over the Darksaber with Mando.
  • Mando not really knowing how to swing around the Darksaber—and the Darksaber itself—is a D-plot at this point, right?
  • The trials and tribulations of Greef Karga as he tries to make Nevarro a Happy Place.
  • The Andorization of this show—i.e. whatever's going on with Dr. Pershing and Elia Kane. Plus, the implications of Pershing's research. This dude was trying to engineer Force-sensitive Stormtroopers, remember?
  • The exiled Mandalorians' search for a permanent home, whether that ends up being Nevarro or Mandalore.
  • Mythosaurs!
  • Boba Fett, who's in a bacta tank, somewhere, hibernating until fans once again call for his return.
  • The looming shadow of the sequel trilogy.
  • The daddification of Din Djarin? (He doesn't really have a story anymore, post-bath.)

I also agree with the notion that they are maybe merging in some of the planned then cancelled "Rangers of the New Republic" storyline into this show.

It was nice seeing the live action debut of that certain one character, which IMO will also lead into Ahsoka.

• Mythosaurs!

Circling back here, I don't think we're going to see a redemption of Gideon, but rather another sect of Mandalorians that freed him and are loyal to him from when he held the Darksaber. Then you sort of have a War for Mandalore control coming. Din has the Darksaber and is the rightful ruler. the Armorer seems to be pushing for Bo Katan to be leader. So Din and Bo are going to have to fight at some point.

As for the Anodorization, there seems to be a common thread among The Mandalorian, Andor, and Bad Batch, to tie up loose ends and provide backstory (and as a result make better) the Emperor's return in Episode 9 via cloning. It's no coincidence that all 3 active Star Wars shows are dealing with cloning in some sense.

We are of course also seeing subtle groundwork for the First Order being born.

Last edited:
Well...there were some guest stars I never would have thought to put on a Star Wars bingo card.

edit: Upon reflection...at least one of them does have a Star Trek appearance on their resume.

Last edited:
Got my answer why this one was so good at the end credits. Howard.

Doc looking a bit old. Laughed at the key to the city and getting a knighthood for helping the Princess cheat.

Well it looks like The Book of Bo-Katan takes a side trip to the Emerald City and we get another episode that doesn't really move the main story along too much. From the look of things on line it is a polarizing episode too with some loving the visuals and the stunt casting while others, myself included, are worried that this thing is losing focus and has become a miss-mash of various stories that will be rushed through resolution over the last episode.

Skeleton Crew Directors

1680868189863.png

Steven Weintraub
@colliderfrosty
·
7m
Just watched #TheMandalorian Episode 7 at #StarWarsCelebration2023 and it’s excellent. Finally pushes the story forward in a way this season hasn’t been doing and has some great action and character stuff. Also the ending leave you wanting episode 8 immediately. Thumbs way up.

I used to be one of the biggest Star Wars fans but Kathleen Kennedy ruined it for me. The first two seasons of the Mandalorian were awesome but I'm hearing this third season isn't good at all and I'm not a fan at all with how they treated Gina Carano and let Pedro Pascal walk free. The Star Wars sequels were also garbage. Now they are releasing too many shows and different stories and it's just becoming too saturated when it used to be more of a novelty and rare for a movie to come out. IMO Star Wars ended after Episode III.