Texas opens up 100%; ends mask mandate

CDC reports that hospitalizations are currently beginning to rise in Texas, and the five main variants have all been found active there as well. I’m not saying that Abbott’s no mask policy has caused the increase. What I am saying is this is a horrible time for this stunt. On top of hundreds of thousands of Texans still without running water, Abbott is flirting with a second disaster. And, there are posters on here applauding him??
Oh my.....

The virus has variants????

Stop the presses !!

CDC reports that hospitalizations are currently beginning to rise in Texas, and the five main variants have all been found active there as well. I’m not saying that Abbott’s no mask policy has caused the increase. What I am saying is this is a horrible time for this stunt. On top of hundreds of thousands of Texans still without running water, Abbott is flirting with a second disaster. And, there are posters on here applauding him??
Yes great move. Problem with liberals they can't admit when their wrong. Shutdowns ( i.e. NY, NJ , Cali ) did not stop the virus and neither do masks. Some of us have enough common sense to know you can't stop a virus until herd immunity is achieved, which is already happening in many parts of the country. Now the bat virus may come back this fall like the flu but nobody knows that for sure. Just look at this grim chart : https://www.statista.com/statistics/1109011/coronavirus-covid19-death-rates-us-by-state/ top 2 states New York and New Jersey.

Last edited:
Reactions: y2h
Variant boogeymen

Yes. Leftists hate liberty.

It

It’s a guess in Texas. I assume that their citizens have the same sensibilities as Floridians but I realize that could be a stretch in Texas.
Things seem to be working out fine in Florida. Meanwhile NY and CA are disasters.

Serious question....what happened to your old name? And awesome zinger btw...
When I procured a new laptop I set up a new Name/PW. Original was on an old Ymail Email account so I undated to current email.

It seemed HappyGoLuckky to Happier was an obvious post trump losing evolution.

I am not sure Marsha Blackburn has a clear understanding of the evolution of mankind.

When I procured a new laptop I set up a new Name/PW. Original was on an old Ymail Email account so I undated to current email.

It seemed HappyGoLuckky to Happier was an obvious post trump losing evolution.

I am not sure Marsha Blackburn has a clear understanding of the evolution of mankind.
Thanks, you're still a hack though.....

The bulk of Australia’s pop live in 5 major cities all spread across the continent. None are within a 2-3 hr drive of each other. Let’s also not forget Australia’s version of Canada, New Zealand, just went into a 7 day lockdown. What good is being free is you have to stop & start all of the time.
Because they had 1,I said 1,confirmed case I read.

Numbers rose also from the illegals that were allowed in even though they are COVID positive.
They are already in hospital beds, most likely.

Did he ban masks? So it's wrong to applaud someone for giving people a choice.

Pro-choice, except for whether to wear a mask, own a gun, which school you send your children to, joining a union, how to invest in your own retirement without government theft ponzi schemes(social security), you know basic freedoms. Effing leftists$#^^%@%

Yes because it's the right thing to do.

Maybe you should be more concerned with the Biden administration releasing 100+ Covid positive illegals into the state.

Numbers rose also from the illegals that were allowed in even though they are COVID positive.
They are already in hospital beds, most likely.
It’s a moot point since the mask mandate doesn’t end until Wednesday

1614946833243.png

Only once as I recall. A jackf*ck was giving a hostess a hard time when she asked him to step outside or wear a mask while he was waiting for a table at a breakfast joint. I told him to show some respect for her and do what she asked. He went outside. Not sure if the coward left for good or got seated later. I was seated and went about my day.
Lol

Ohio should be next

Probably not happening any time soon with what was announced yesterday. The "standard" they've chosen for rescinding all health orders when broken down requires getting down to a little over 400 cases per day for two weeks. That requires somewhere around an 80% decrease from what we've averaged the last few weeks.

Probably not happening any time soon with what was announced yesterday. The "standard" they've chosen for rescinding all health orders when broken down requires getting down to a little over 400 cases per day for two weeks. That requires somewhere around an 80% decrease from what we've averaged the last few weeks.

The standard I saw was 50 daily cases per 100,000 people for two straight weeks. We were around 600 in January and are about 170 now. This may not be that far off. People got to get vaxxed up. Maybe by end of April?

The standard I saw was 50 daily cases per 100,000 people for two straight weeks. We were around 600 in January and are about 170 now. This may not be that far off. People got to get vaxxed up. Maybe by end of April?

I was hoping for late April or early May, but I think even with vaccinations picking up it will be hard to get under the announced target in the next 6-8 weeks. IMO this going to get stretched towards Memorial Day if not later.

And is there even an ounce of science behind these standards? This is just DeWine using his incompetent health department to throw out a number that sounds reasonable but means nothing.

And if you doubt me I point to exhibit A - the DeWine Color Coded County Covid designation map. Was this useful in any way? Was the color scale based on reality in any way? Or was this entire scale an arbitrary exercise in stupidity?

Now we're being asked to trust these numbskulls with setting a target that actually makes sense before we can return to normal? Sorry but I'm deeply skeptical.

And is there even an ounce of science behind these standards? This is just DeWine using his incompetent health department to throw out a number that sounds reasonable but means nothing.

And if you doubt me I point to exhibit A - the DeWine Color Coded County Covid designation map. Was this useful in any way? Was the color scale based on reality in any way? Or was this entire scale an arbitrary exercise in stupidity?

Now we're being asked to trust these numbskulls with setting a target that actually makes sense before wIe can return to normal? Sorry but I'm deeply skeptical.

I'd have to agree that it just sounded like throwing a number against the wall and trying to make it stick and sound reasonable. There didn't seem to be any explanation (at least that I have seen) as to how this figure was arrived at.

I can't remember the last time I saw an updated color coded county map. Some of the criteria for moving or staying at a level seemed to be highly subjective and questionably helpful at best.

The next few weeks will get interesting as the numbers should predictably continue to plummet over the next month or so due to a number of factors. At what point is there going to be major pressure from the state congress and from the general public to pull the health orders? Even trying to guess what will happen between increased vaccinations and improving spring weather I could see the announced standard being low enough that it may be difficult to get under that threshold before June if not later without people bailing on getting tested.