Tebow to the J-E-T-S

Just in per Adam Schefter...

Filed to ESPN: Denver and Jets have encountered hangup in language in Tim Tebow's contract that could nullify trade. If the Tebow trade to Jets falls apart, St. Louis could wind up getting back into play. Sides sorting through details.

Praying to God this is true. The Jets do not need Tebow.

Casual fans make Sanchez out to be a lot worse than he really is. Not having an offensive line makes every QB struggle. He did just take his team to the AFC championship two years in a row.

One of my biggest gripes of ESPN:

I know not many people care about the NHL, but ESPN's coverage of the NHL is beyond terrible. There was game the other day where the final score was 7-6, and on SC they showed only one of the goals in the entire game. It was about an 8 second highlight for a game that had 13 goals. Then they went straight back to "discussion" of Peyton Manning and some Tiger Woods highlights. Unbelievable

That happens all the time, not just for hockey. If you're going to show that short of a highlight then just don't show one at all

I am all for that!

Ugh smh case in point.

The run game was awful this year because the line was awful. Same with the amount of sacks given up this year. Huge difference from the previous two seasons.

Give it up, to most people on here it is all the QBs fault ... "he should make everybody better"

Sanchez could have New England's o-line and suck. He can't throw the ball downfield with accuracy and his arm strength is lacking.

Mike Greenberg ‏ @Espngreeny
If #jets really didn't read the contract and #tebow gets called off, this is one of the most embarrassing events they have had in...hours.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Lol I have noticed. Part of it is having half a clue about football, but most is just common sense.

So you think Sanchez is good? What is that based on, since you seem to have superior football knowledge and common sense? Every advanced metric places him as below average or completely mediocre at best.

Sanchez is abominable. Tebow should start. It's a shame for Tebow he couldn't go to Jacksonville instead. I honestly feel bad for him.

He's going to get ripped apart by NY fans and media. Through all this, I have sort of felt bad for him. He never really had Elway's support, leads his team to the AFC Divisional round and then gets bumped for Manning. Now he goes to a complete circus. I shouldn't feel sorry for him because he's rich though.

So you think Sanchez is good? What is that based on, since you seem to have superior football knowledge and common sense? Every advanced metric places him as below average or completely mediocre at best.

The same "advanced metrics" that had Eli Manning as below average or completely mediocre at best his first 3 or 4 years of his career ... How has he done lately? Hint: most young QBs struggle early in their career ... That does not mean they will not improve ... Especially when the talent around them improves. If you do not know your history you are domed to repeat the failures of the past.

Who is the Jets new OC? Tony Sparano ... Who just happened to run what at Miami? Oh yea, the "wildcat" ... Do you think they just might try that with Tebow?

The same "advanced metrics" that had Eli Manning as below average or completely mediocre at best his first 3 or 4 years of his career ... How has he done lately? Hint: most young QBs struggle early in their career ... That does not mean they will not improve ... Especially when the talent around them improves. If you do not know your history you are domed to repeat the failures of the past.

Sanchez is not trending upward, he's getting progressively worse. Last year was his third year in the league and it was easily his worst, despite the additions of Holmes and Burress. Eli Manning at least had tools to improve. He was accurate and could throw the ball downfield. Sanchez has a weak arm IMO.

Who is the Jets new OC? Tony Sparano ... Who just happened to run what at Miami? Oh yea, the "wildcat" ... Do you think they just might try that with Tebow?

I wouldn't be shocked if Tebow becomes the starter full-time at some point. Sanchez might be moved.

Here is what both guys are scheduled to make:

Sanchez
2012: $3.25 million
2013: $8.25 million
2014: $9 million (+ $2 million roster bonus due in late March)
2015: $12.5 million (+ $1 million roster bonus due in late March)
2016: $10.75 million (+ $1 million roster bonus due in late March)
2017: Free Agent

Tebow
2012: $1.1 million
2013: $6.055 million
2014: $7.145 million
2015: Free Agent

One of them will be moved, possibly at midseason, but likely after the 2012 season. You can't pay both of them after this year.

The difference is, I think with the right personnel around him, Tebow can win games. Sanchez is built to be a pocket passer and he sucks at it. He might improve a little bit, but he's never going to be as good as the Jets expect him to be.

The NFL has been a pocket passer league for so long that a team that isn't afraid to think outside the box and run an offense around Tebow's strengths might actually do okay. But you have to be patient and commit to it. Denver was working on it, but they couldn't pass the opportunity to get Manning.

Sanchez is not trending upward, he's getting progressively worse. Last year was his third year in the league and it was easily his worst, despite the additions of Holmes and Burress. Eli Manning at least had tools to improve. He was accurate and could throw the ball downfield. Sanchez has a weak arm IMO.

Eli Manning worst year was his 4th year ... Pressure (especially up the middle) always makes it appear that a QB has a weak arm ... When a QB can't step up in the pocket or follow thru on their throw will cause bad throws. I don't know if Sanchez will ever be as good as Manning, but I am also smart enough not to write him off just yet. Many good QB took several years to develop.

I think the Jets should go all in on Tebow at this point. The only issue is I doubt the Jets locker room/team will accept him like Denver's did. Could make for a rocky time. Horrible situation overall IMO. Jets are retarted.

Aaron Rodgers was at his best last season when being blitzed up the middle. P. Manning and Brady are also at their best when being rushed. If Sanchez is struggling when being blitzed, that's probably because he's failing to correctly read the defense.

Eli Manning worst year was his 4th year ... Pressure (especially up the middle) always makes it appear that a QB has a weak arm ... When a QB can't step up in the pocket or follow thru on their throw will cause bad throws. I don't know if Sanchez will ever be as good as Manning, but I am also smart enough not to write him off just yet. Many good QB took several years to develop.

His numbers through the first three years are actually very similar to Eli's. But Eli's numbers, outside of this past year never have been anything too impressive. What Eli brings to the table is intangibles, leadership, and he always finds a way to win. At this point Sanchez hasn't shown any of those traits/abilities IMO. To be fair, he is working in a toxic environment.