SW Ohio D3 Regional Tournament

xscoutsoc

Predictions? Thoughts?

Summit Country Day vs. Dayton Christian @ Lakota East
Madeira vs. Troy Christian @ Fairmont

Regional Final: 11/4 @ TBA

Summit over Dayton Christian
Madeira over Troy Christian

It would be great to see Summit play Madeira for the regional final. Its been a while since they have played against each other!

First one feels like the regional final. Winner there will win again on Saturday.

Summit 2-1 (ot)
TC 2-1 (ot)

If summit wins decisively, then you are probably right. If it's as close as you predict or DC pulls off the upset I don't think Saturday is a foregone conclusion.

Summit over Dayton Christian
Madeira over Troy Christian

It would be great to see Summit play Madeira for the regional final. Its been a while since they have played against each other!

I am surprised maderia and summit don't play already. Just not enough games in the year?

The metro buckeye is a pretty strong small school soccer conference. With Yellow Springs, they are a bit underrated in that regard.

But, I think both TC and DC go down, big. 2-0 in each game

Also picking Tipp and Alter in D2 tonight.

Didn't see another thread and thought it would be pointless to start one now.....

DC parked the bus and played a 5 4 1. Had no real scoring threat in the first half. Summit dominated possession and missed a couple of easy early chances. 0-0 at half. Play was mostly on DC side.

2nd half DC came out strong and threatened several times but had no real shots on goal. Summit panicked a bit and played rushed. DC got them out of their possession game. DC had a good strategy to start 2nd half. After about 15 mins of this, Summit finally got back to their game and was able to dominate possession again. Created several chances but again couldn't finish. I thought game was going to OT. With 5 mins left in game, an unfortunate (and obvious) DC handball in the box gave Summit a PK. I have no idea what that kid was thinking, he swatted the ball with his hand. Summit converted. Game over.

Hats off to DC, they played a hell of game. They gave everything they had, slide tackling and making hard tackles.

Troy Christian's two goals scored were off set pieces, they are a big team and are very good in the air. Madeira dominated possession and looked to be the better team, but the torrentially downpour certainly favored the team who relied on set pieces to score. If summit can defend Troy's set pieces, they will win. Should be a good game

I am going to take TC in an upset. I think SCD is the more talented side, but if there is any slight weakness in SCD this year it is playing bigger teams. Tied a big, but mediocre CHCA and struggled for 65 minutes with a big 7-Hills team. I think TC will defend well and takes its chances on set pieces. (Of course this means SCD will probably win 5-0)

I am not sure that TC can match the physcial style of DC. If I recall, TC is big, but not super physical.

Is it the physicality of DC that gives them the real problem? If so, I am not sure TC can match that.

I am not sure that TC can match the physcial style of DC. If I recall, TC is big, but not super physical.

Is it the physicality of DC that gives them the real problem? If so, I am not sure TC can match that.

TC plays Summit, not DC. But TC already beat DC this year to answer your question about physicality.

TC plays Summit, not DC. But TC already beat DC this year to answer your question about physicality.

The point was, if DC held back summit due to their physicality, then that is not a super strength of TC and DC may be a better match up than TC for Summit.

What does a 1-0 win have to do with talking about strengths of another team? IF they play 10 times DC wins 5 and TC wins 5.

The point was, if DC held back summit due to their physicality, then that is not a super strength of TC and DC may be a better match up than TC for Summit.

What does a 1-0 win have to do with talking about strengths of another team? IF they play 10 times DC wins 5 and TC wins 5.

I thought you were saying TC was playing DC. And that DC's physicality was too much for TC. So I was pointing out that TC has already beaten them so physical play shouldn't be an issue.....nevermind. it doesn't matter because we are now on the same page.

I don't think DC held summit back due to their physical style. I think it was because they had 9 behind the ball for a lot of the game. I don't even consider DC a physical team to be honest. I have seen TC play physical too though. Just depends on who they are playing and what is needed.

I thought you were saying TC was playing DC. And that DC's physicality was too much for TC. So I was pointing out that TC has already beaten them so physical play shouldn't be an issue.....nevermind. it doesn't matter because we are now on the same page.

I don't think DC held summit back due to their physical style. I think it was because they had 9 behind the ball for a lot of the game. I don't even consider DC a physical team to be honest. I have seen TC play physical too though. Just depends on who they are playing and what is needed.

Thanks for the clarity on what DC did to keep the game close. Does TC have any shot? Is this a normal summit dynasty type team?

The transitive property just does not always apply to high school tournament soccer. Specific matchups, game plan/execution, individual talent and experience decide games - not past scores with mutual opponents.

I've seen Summit play three times this year. Although they graduated much of their offensive production and are not at the same level as 2015-2016, they are still an impressive unit psychologically and mentally. A very smart team and that comes with the experience from deep tournament runs. I think they win 4-0 tomorrow.

Thanks for the clarity on what DC did to keep the game close. Does TC have any shot? Is this a normal summit dynasty type team?

They have as good a shot as anyone at this point I think. This is not the same Summit team of the past 2 years. They don't have the finishers up top like in the past. Their midfield is very, very good. To the point that when they only had a 1-0 lead against Bethel last Saturday, they put one of them up top in the second half to help get the insurance goal.

The transitive property just does not always apply to high school tournament soccer. Specific matchups, game plan/execution, individual talent and experience decide games - not past scores with mutual opponents.

I've seen Summit play three times this year. Although they graduated much of their offensive production and are not at the same level as 2015-2016, they are still an impressive unit psychologically and mentally. A very smart team and that comes with the experience from deep tournament runs. I think they win 4-0 tomorrow.

Based on what? They haven't scored 4 goals on a good team all year?

Oh man, I hope your wrong on that one. Have you happened to see both play? I know last year was a horror show, but I think this years TC team is a little more disciplined/fundamentally sound to handle something like summit brings. Last years team was bit more dynamic in the front. I am sure it will be a major uphill battle for TC to keep it close based on previous years.