Steubenville's Travels (Or Lack Thereof)

Darn, I'm gonna get my cyber kicked and I don't even know who Bill is!

Be careful, with a cyber butt kicking, it only takes 1 finger to press the send button. Just hope you never meet up in person & Bill forgets it was a cyber fight, pulls out a rubber glove & wants to check your oil, lol

Again, no problem with all the home games. Good for Big Red. But when you commit to a home and home, you should man up and be good to your word.
Irish is correct. When you commit to a home & home you should play the game. Unfortunately, Steubenville usually just cancels out of the contract and leaves teams high & dry looking for an opponent.

Irish is correct. When you commit to a home & home you should play the game. Unfortunately, Steubenville usually just cancels out of the contract and leaves teams high & dry looking for an opponent.

They sign these contracts, but if you beat them first they nuke that bridge and the school goes on the black list. Hence they play 8 home games against Who the Hell is That Prep from NY or Canada, or some Ohio team from forever away that they haven't screwed over and/or lost to yet.

They sign these contracts, but if you beat them first they nuke that bridge and the school goes on the black list. Hence they play 8 home games against Who the Hell is That Prep from NY or Canada, or some Ohio team from forever away that they haven't screwed over and/or lost to yet.

That has been their MO for years, but it has worked for them. If they were not playing for State Championships it would never fly. If they cancel these contracts, they will eventually run out of quality football teams from Ohio that will play them. For the life of me, I do not know why anyone still does. As long as teams line up to play, they will continue to do it. I suspect right about the time Reno decides to retire, schools will wise up and stop playing them. That leaves the next guy to get the job in big trouble finding opponents.

No Home Fields

2 Schools with some success don't have a home field.Alter has never played a home game. Believe that also applies to Moeller. And up til this season it was true of Chaminade Julienne. There's more than one way to carve a pumpkin. Are there any other schools with measured success who lack a home field?

From the outside looking in it is a valid criticism if a team
Breaks a home and home contact after the initial game is played. With that said football contracts often have financial terms that allow for monitary buyouts in the event the full contract isn't honored.
Instead of bickering, insulting and fighting over the issue all someone has to do is put in a public records request and prove the other side wrong.

People take a lot of unfair cheap shots at steubenville. Never once I have ever read or heard another school accuse them of not honoring a contract. Fans not in the know often jump to conclusions to valid their side. All I am saying is prove it one way or the other

Why did the other Steubenville thread get closed? I was done reading the Big Red Bashings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 Schools with some success don't have a home field.Alter has never played a home game. Believe that also applies to Moeller. And up til this season it was true of Chaminade Julienne. There's more than one way to carve a pumpkin. Are there any other schools with measured success who lack a home field?

Benedictine as well.

People take a lot of unfair cheap shots at steubenville.
While shopping for my Christmas party at work, I ran into my good friend the Hartley supporter who is from Steubenville. Good CC guy, of course. He's caught in the middle of a text, snapchat, instagram, facebook, twitter storm with all his folk back on the river who have been assailing him non stop since the state championship game with their conspiracy theories about the game. He's been fending them off deftly. I said - why don't you just say that the slightly better team beat the excellent, well-coached and prepared slightly less better on that day and that day alone team. He said that just pisses them off.

To be honest, the shots are fair and not cheap. Ya'll still got some work to do. Lots of crazies over there. I saw the texts. Go volunteer at the food pantry or the homeless shelter or something productive like that.

While shopping for my Christmas party at work, I ran into my good friend the Hartley supporter who is from Steubenville. Good CC guy, of course. He's caught in the middle of a text, snapchat, instagram, facebook, twitter storm with all his folk back on the river who have been assailing him non stop since the state championship game with their conspiracy theories about the game. He's been fending them off deftly. I said - why don't you just say that the slightly better team beat the excellent, well-coached and prepared slightly less better on that day and that day alone team. He said that just pisses them off.

Different perspective than mine. The Steubenville people I know were frustrated with another close loss, but no 'conspiracy theories' about the game. They were proud with the run their kids made.

Different perspective than mine. The Steubenville people I know were frustrated with another close loss, but no 'conspiracy theories' about the game. They were proud with the run their kids made.

And therein lies the problem, Baron. I don't know this for sure, but I'm venturing a guess that a solid majority of Steubenville supporters feel the same way as you do. The problem is, they're not coming on here with a measured response, as you have. Instead, your town is being represented by a couple of fringe players who feel they are connected enough to make "factually-based" explanations with no foundation of finding to back up their claims. Plus...one of them wants to kick everyone's butt. :D It's not a good look, but it's great fun to spar - figuratively speaking, of course - with them.

I love the innanets. Where any knucklehead can say anything without providing any facts to back up or even remotely give credibility to.

Games get switched, contracts get wiped away, stuff happens. Anyone ever gonna show some proof that Steubenville and/or Reno is afraid to play them or bails on contracts purposely for no valid reason? The facts are the total opposite. This is just nonsense. There are a lot of d2, d3 and d4 teams that could and should play some of the better teams around them, but absolutely would never even entertain the thought. Why?

I guess as long as people hate Steubenville, it is a good thing. They must really matter to some of you guys. You guys have a real hard on for Big Red.

And, btw, Steubenville may not be the best, cleanest, non corrupt city around, but my god, for the guys from Youngstown, you have to be kidding me.

I love the innanets. Where any knucklehead can say anything without providing any facts to back up or even remotely give credibility to.

Games get switched, contracts get wiped away, stuff happens. Anyone ever gonna show some proof that Steubenville and/or Reno is afraid to play them or bails on contracts purposely for no valid reason? The facts are the total opposite. This is just nonsense. There are a lot of d2, d3 and d4 teams that could and should play some of the better teams around them, but absolutely would never even entertain the thought. Why?

I guess as long as people hate Steubenville, it is a good thing. They must really matter to some of you guys. You guys have a real hard on for Big Red.

And, btw, Steubenville may not be the best, cleanest, non corrupt city around, but my god, for the guys from Youngstown, you have to be kidding me.

So, you have no problem with Steubenville cancelling next year's game with STVM because, you know, stuff happens!?! I'm not suggesting that Steubenville is afraid to play the Irish, they are too good of a team for that. But I am saying that if it is true that Big Red is backing out, then the Coach and the AD are not men of their word.