State Poll #2

5x26

SW teams still dominating, 8 of the 18 top 6 spots.

D1
#1 West
#3 MND +1
#6 Centerville -1
#9 Loveland +4
#12 Beavercreek -2

D2
#2 Alter +1
#6 Summit +New
#12 Indian Hill +New
ORV - Valley View +New

D3
#1 Cincinnati Country Day
#2 Waynesville
#6 Mariemont +1
#12 Madiera -1

Last edited:

Imagine my surprise to see Indian Hill ranked and climbing. and after the impending win at Mariemont tonight, They will jump to top 5.
Never count Mariemont out. I am sure Mike has a game plan for his team. They are 4-0-2. One of the ties versus CCD.

Well shoot. I ended up in Lexington all evening buying a Horse and just got home. I was going to try and watch it. Any idea what happened?

Talked to a parent. Own goal to start the game from the braves. Never really recovered. Out played 2nd half, could not finish. Congrats to Mariemont biggest win in program history. Will give them the conference for first time in 15 years.

Talked to a parent. Own goal to start the game from the braves. Never really recovered. Out played 2nd half, could not finish. Congrats to Mariemont biggest win in program history. Will give them the conference for first time in 15 years.

Thanks, EC. I should have noted that the rarity of the situation displays the remarkability of both programs. Did not realize Mariemont can win first CHL title in 15 years. Shows how tough it is to win it.

I really am happy for them. They have been bottom of the top group for years. Just never able to break to the top. Crazy to admit the local D3 schools with barely over 100 kids per class are better overall than the D2's right now and in the case of Mariemont, Waynesville and CCD could take most of the D1 schools. I'd have to believe any of the 3 could win the GWOC this year and be top 2 or 3 in the GMC, ECC or GCL. Mariemont has to move to number 3 in the state after last night putting the #1, #2 and #3 D3 schools down here. and 2 of them 5 miles apart, I know because I live smack in between them.

CCD has at least 3 OE ECNL kids, so does Waynesville, both have a couple CUP Gold girls, and a profusion of kids from other solid clubs. All 3 from different demographics. CCD just 40 +/- girls per grade Private, Expensive and Exclusive., Mariemont 70 +/- girls per grade super small suburban and Waynesville 55 +/- girls per grade and super small rural. Just shows what a difference good club kids can make. Mariemont probably doing the most with the least.

That's a great win for Mason, Baring some kinda prolific melt down Mason wins the GMC. I said early on Mason and West were the two best. MND is the biggest surprise. This weekend will be a test. I'd hate to see MND not get the #1 spot if they win Saturday because West now has a loss to an unranked team. That would be a travesty. Goes back to the GWOC being overrated. Neither Creek or Centerville deserve a top 15 spot should have been Mason with one of their spots.

If there was a weakness with West last year, I felt it was its defense. Especially with the way the team pushed up on offense. Break-aways happened and the goalie seemed to make a lot of amazing saves. I am wondering if West missed that goalie against Mason? Saturday will tell a lot.

If there was a weakness with West last year, I felt it was its defense. Especially with the way the team pushed up on offense. Break-aways happened and the goalie seemed to make a lot of amazing saves. I am wondering if West missed that goalie against Mason? Saturday will tell a lot.
Oh course they miss their keeper. Championships are won on the backs of great shutdown defenses which includes game saving keeper play.

Summit 1 and Lehman Catholic 1. Mariemont beat LC 3-0 and LC struggled with Milton Union 3-2. Both Lehman and Mariemont are D3. Summit is supposedly the 6th best D2 team in the state?

Monroe beat D1 Little Miami 5-1 same goal split at Loveland who beat them 4-0.

Summit 1 and Lehman Catholic 1. Mariemont beat LC 3-0 and LC struggled with Milton Union 3-2. Both Lehman and Mariemont are D3. Summit is supposedly the 6th best D2 team in the state?

Monroe beat D1 Little Miami 5-1 same goal split at Loveland who beat them 4-0.

comparisons like this never tell the full picture.

Not sure score comparisons will work this year. Not that they truly ever work. Summit did just tie CCD 1-1 on Thursday in an intense rivalry game. Quick turn around, possible injuries, quarantined players, etc. No one knows this year and we’ll see what happens next month. It should be fun!

Racehorse?

I have stables on my land, and a cimmaron trailer. I drove it down for a boarder to pick up a couple aged geldings.

As for soccer. I’m just feeling like with the Hill struggling, and CCD losing their Sr. Scorers from last year they may not be as good this year thus their draw with Summit. Lehman has often been slightly overrated. For them to struggle with Milton Union who Waynesville beat 9-0 and tie Summit tells me as much. Nothing more than a supposition.

I have stables on my land, and a cimmaron trailer. I drove it down for a boarder to pick up a couple aged geldings.

As for soccer. I’m just feeling like with the Hill struggling, and CCD losing their Sr. Scorers from last year they may not be as good this year thus their draw with Summit. Lehman has often been slightly overrated. For them to struggle with Milton Union who Waynesville beat 9-0 and tie Summit tells me as much. Nothing more than a supposition.
taking care of aging horses of any kind is a worthy cause, on the soccer side, i am anxious to hear of a confirmed post season plan.

I can't explain the Lehman and Milton Union game. The 'Ville could have beaten Milton-Union 13-0 or worse. But I don't think you can take a lot away from Summit with a Lehman tie. Great teams find a way to win (or at least not lose) and they do that. I know Summit has at least one skill position injury. If I were voting I would have them top 3.

MND should be hands down number 1 in the state for D1. Can;t see how Loveland and Mason are not top 5 D1.

Alter, Summit and Monroe should be top 5 D2

Waynesville should be number 1 D3 now that CCD has 2 ties and the Ville has dominated all games.. CCD should be #2 and Mariemont #3. Find out soon enough.

Oh course they miss their keeper. Championships are won on the backs of great shutdown defenses which includes game saving keeper play.
Thanks for insight (that one is for you Empty Cup). Did you go to the game and do you know what happened? If not why are belittling a poster? Especially since West is using two junior keepers this year.