State Championship Updates (Elder vs. Pickerington Central)

Elder gets the ball in 2nd half. Not the prettiest of halves. Penalties killed drives by both teams.

I think the review is only being used for scoring plays. But that was a bad miss by the ref and probably cost Elder 6 points. He was right there so I have no idea what he saw to make him think Luebbe had stepped out of bounds.

That was inexcusable. He was looking directly at it. Your right next play they run for 6 yards. It’s a TD if he spots it correctly.

That was inexcusable. He was looking directly at it. Your right next play they run for 6 yards. It’s a TD if he spots it correctly.

I agree. In a game like this it was a huge mistake. Given that he was right there I have no idea what he was thinking but the ref has to do a better job there.

TV is amplifying the need to do more second looks at plays during games. It’s inevitable. Need to expand plays subject to review and move it up a week or two.

I think the review is only being used for scoring plays. But that was a bad miss by the ref and probably cost Elder 6 points. He was right there so I have no idea what he saw to make him think Luebbe had stepped out of bounds.

There are no coaches' challenges for the replay. All replays are initiated by the officials in the booth.
Only a limited number of plays can actually be reviewed. Those essentially are limited to plays like Payne's run, which was questioning a potential scoring play, or turnovers.
It can also be used to check the correct down, as well at the game clock at the end of the second or fourth quarters.

Elder ball on PC 5.

1- run 3 yards
2- run 2 yards. TD.

Penalty (??) will be assessed on the kickoff.

PC ball on Elder 43.

1- run 3 yards
2- run 3 yards
3- run 3 yards
4- going for it...run 2 yards

First down

4:30 3Q

PC ball on Elder 32.

1- run (-3) yards
2- Timeout - not sure who..

Attendance 6,690

3:35 3Q