starting line up for basketball

ok.

and u put this here instead of on the basketball thread why?

and wtf are u smoking man. who the heck is stefanou?

stefanou has the best shot in the best frame a 6'7 230 and athletic, ---- be able to bang with the likes of rudolf and matin

I doubt ross will be starting at 2, hes more of a 3 and he'll probably start there. As for stefanou i dont see him starting..

I don't think xgripx knows what he is talking about. No wait, I know xgripx doesn't have a clue on what he is talking about.

XgripX doesnt go to X i guarantee it. 1. Loesing will start....2 Morand....3zesterman 4. Budde 5. Gibler. (OR vis versa on the last two).... Greg scruggs will be first off the bench for a 3 4 or 5. Dont be suprsied if by a few games into the season he is starting though. He plays tough all way around and is a spark plug to every team hes on. Mazza will see sufficient playing time with loesing. Shiverdecker would be second behing morand if he would stop turning the ball over so i see hickey filling that role. Williams and stefanou are both trigger happy but will play a fair amount becuase of their height and shooting ability. Not a very deep team this year which will cause some problems.

panthers4512805 said:
Xgrip does go to X good call on that one.

Im not going to take a panthers word on it..... for all we know you two could be the same person. You do seem to post together alot

I think the starting lineup should be 1Budde 2zesterman 3O'conner 4Morrie and 5hickey. Seriously that team could win some serious games.

Yeah I got to admit that was pretty pathetic. All kidding aside who behind walt will have the biggest impact on the team?

It will be a tough season though for the bombers but i still think they can do something. Last years team got a lot of bashing and really seemed to come together. While they went out earlier than had hoped they made it rather deep into the playoffs. My reason for saying this is that X plays a completely returning LaSalle team and a Moeller team maintaining its core. It should provide a test for the relatively inexperienced bombers but winning isn't out of the question. LaSalle always seems to disappoint and Moeller is beatable especially with a X team that appears to be strong at the guard positions with one of the best players if not the best players playing center

TDAH88 said:
ok.

and u put this here instead of on the basketball thread why?

and wtf are u smoking man. who the heck is stefanou?

This is the St. X school thread, anything about St. X is fair game...leave this forum if you don't want to read about St. X, it's pretty simple.

xbomberd08 said:
This is the St. X school thread, anything about St. X is fair game...leave this forum if you don't want to read about St. X, it's pretty simple.

I'm pretty sure he meant why make a new thread when there's already a thread about the 06-07 basketball team.

robert said:
It will be a tough season though for the bombers but i still think they can do something. Last years team got a lot of bashing and really seemed to come together. While they went out earlier than had hoped they made it rather deep into the playoffs. My reason for saying this is that X plays a completely returning LaSalle team and a Moeller team maintaining its core. It should provide a test for the relatively inexperienced bombers but winning isn't out of the question. LaSalle always seems to disappoint and Moeller is beatable especially with a X team that appears to be strong at the guard positions with one of the best players if not the best players playing center

Strong guard play? That is where they have the least varsity experience and the most questions. I think guard play and perimeter play in general will be the weakness of this team. St X matches up better with Moeller in the frontcourt with Budde, Gibler and Zesterman. Moeller's guard play gives them a huge advantage over St X. It will be a long season

Fanofall said:
Strong guard play? That is where they have the least varsity experience and the most questions. I think guard play and perimeter play in general will be the weakness of this team. St X matches up better with Moeller in the frontcourt with Budde, Gibler and Zesterman. Moeller's guard play gives them a huge advantage over St X. It will be a long season

I strongly disagree. Moeller's guard play is overrated. Besides Tablar, who else do they have? Quin McDowell hasn't improved since freshman year and Tony Rack isn't any better than Morand or Loesing. Is there some other unbelievable guard that I am forgetting?

As for starters:

1. Loesing - great ball handler, distributes ball well for the most part
2. Morand - quick, strong, athletic, tall
3. Zesterman - nice shot, tall, but soft down low
4. Budde - Great down low presense, strong
5. Gibler - All around best player in the GCL

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

6. Greg Scruggs - perfect 6th man. energizes teams and is a natural leader. If zesterman plays pourly, watch scruggs play at the 3.

Tom Williams (6'5) and Steve Stefanou (6'6) have the prettiest shots on the team. The problem with them is they're both trigger happy. Tom is a very hard worker. But, if one is on, he could easily be leading scorer in a game with only 10 minutes played.

Shiverdecker, Hickey, Morris and Mazza will be fighting for PT. No clear cut winner due to the fact they all have their weaknesses to go along with some positivites as to where each falls, but all can play 1-3 potentially.

That's 12 players for the Varsity Basketball team. Martin could possibly go to 14-15 players like last year, in which case I see John Hurley, Ed Redden, Ben Schneider, Nick Blood (he's not very good as an all around player but is 6'6, very lengthy, high verticle leap, and has a shot like Williams and Stefanou), and Nate Bowman fighting for those spots.

The players mentioned in the paragraph just stated that don't make varsity will defanitley play JV, as will Joe Egbers and Danny Whelan from the junior class.

Patch McDonald should try out. He would be the best guard on this team if he were to play. It is a shame that the coaches didn't seem to like him because he is the best player (guard atleast) in the '07 class...

is danny whelan really only jv calibar? He seems solid in open gyms. def not starter but i can see him being a 2 string pg that gets a lil amount of PT but not a great amount. Maybe to come in for loesing?

Shiverdecker, Mazza, Morand, and Loesing will all be fighting for that point guard spot and possibly the shooting guard spot too.

Sure they all will be fighting for the spot, but the question is who has the upper hand? Will Zestemann play the 3/4/5 or what? Secondly, although I know that it is a team effort, who will lead the team? Who will speak up in the locker room and motivate the team?(Not saying that this is something that St. X is missing, just curious as to who you think it is).

Brad Loesing was born a leader. If they need anybody to be a vocal leader for the team, Brad will naturally take control. It's his nature. That's why he's a great player.

As for D-Whe. Kid's got skills. He's just 3'13" as someone said before. This year I don't see him playing varsity. But next year he should and could become a fan favorite. He could be our John Meeker!