Stark County Banter 2019 (2)

You have to know what you are doing first and foremost, and then work on it. When Rose was HC our passing game was below average, at best. Then Shep came and it was night and day. Just not in the old man's expertise or dna.

Note to Respected Perry Fans...

Wakefield will NEVER throw the ball!

Mr Wakefield is a POWER FOOTBALL COACH - and believe me it WORKS!!!

Perry came 1 good pass from winning a STATE TITLE!!!

Now.... That being said, yes they could use a passing game because unlike my Crusaders, other teams are BIG TOO!... but, they still will not pass!

Was at that game as well. Love when Perry and Massillon play. Perry went through some rough years after wakefield left. He has them back, I understand not wanting to play a potential big opponent in regular season and playoffs. But maybe once wakefield is gone whomever takes over gets them to pass more and adds Massillon again. We can talk about the poaching of players but that happens either way. Why not try to show you're their equal might make kids want to stay home. Either way long time reader first time poster. Good luck to all teams this week rep Stark county well!
This post makes me wonder if John Lee Pettimore might have just added to his plethora of aliases. :rolleyes:

Now.... That being said, yes they could use a passing game because unlike my Crusaders, other teams are BIG TOO!... but, they still will not pass!
Perhaps with more reps, they would look better passing the ball... but for every parent who screams “throw the ball!!” from the sideline, and when you watch Perry throw is anyone ever like, “yeah, we should do that more!” ??

They look like the John Riggins Redskins when they run the ball while they can tend to look like 8th graders throwing it. Every time Perry tries to throw the ball on an obvious passing down, it’s cringeworthy. I do like when they take those risks on 1st & 2nd downs though and they’ll obviously get more acclimated to those plays long-term, but asking Perry to open up the playbook spells disaster in my opinion.
Just 5 or 6 pass plays would make me happy, just a little to keep the Defense
Perhaps with more reps, they would look better passing the ball... but for every parent who screams “throw the ball!!” from the sideline, and when you watch Perry throw is anyone ever like, “yeah, we should do that more!” ??

They look like the John Riggins Redskins when they run the ball while they can tend to look like 8th graders throwing it. Every time Perry tries to throw the ball on an obvious passing down, it’s cringeworthy. I do like when they take those risks on 1st & 2nd downs though and they’ll obviously get more acclimated to those plays long-term, but asking Perry to open up the playbook spells disaster in my opinion.
Just 5 or 6 passes would make me happy, just a little something to keep the defense thinking. KW is a master Jedi when it comes to the Wing-T and it truly is fun to watch them pound away but just for those times when they gotcha figured out.

I think the McKinley-Buchtel game will be very close.I watched the Hoover-Buchtel game and I think it would be alot closer if they played again.Get ready to play on the grass Bulldogs.I'm sure they practiced on grass.Garrett will love running on grass!! :p

I'm sure that Wake spends tons of time on Yappi and will re-vamp his offense based on these posts.

Hoover defense is kind of the worst I've ever seen. I see 5 wins this year 6 if lucky. McKinley, Lake, Perry and St Lebron will probably beat Hoover. Offense has talent but too predictable playcalling. coaching is a massive dropoff from the Big 3. Hertler would be 10 and 0 with these athletes. Louisville is probably not even a playoff team.

Massillon is light years ahead of everyone in the county and I'm no tiger fan.

Max hit the fg in 02, we weren't on Perrys regular season schedule that year.

Massillon is 17-3 in their last 20 vs Stark teams.

8-1 at PBTS
8-2 on the road
1-0 in the playoffs.

Update....running the math....running the math....running the math....

In the last 21 games against Stark County teams Massillon is now....18-3.

9-1 at PBTS
8-2 on the road
1-0 in the playoffs.

We completed a pass last night. I think it was a pass. The guy that hands the ball off for Perry? You know .... Usually a guard? Yeah. He threw one.

I think the McKinley-Buchtel game will be very close.I watched the Hoover-Buchtel game and I think it would be alot closer if they played again.Get ready to play on the grass Bulldogs.I'm sure they practiced on grass.Garrett will love running on grass!! :p

If this game is "very close," it will likely be a rough year for the Bulldogs.

1 Massillon
2 Lake
3 Perry
4 McKinley

No one deserves 5 at this point

Bailing on your team already??? Louisville just has your number you should be used to it. They even smoked the 08 team w/ Howard that won the region. Hoover definitely top 5 but waiting till after Buchtel v. Mck.

Massillon is now 1-0 versus the Federal League in 2019.....

We get to play at least 1 more member of the Federal League in the regular season, let’s hope we get to play more in the playoffs (pending a Federal League team actually makes the playoffs) so that we again can take our rightful place as the King and Champion of the the Federal League. A title we hold in perpetuity!

Massillon is now 1-0 versus the Federal League in 2019.....

We get to play at least 1 more member of the Federal League in the regular season, let’s hope we get to play more in the playoffs (pending a Federal League team actually makes the playoffs) so that we again can take our rightful place as the King and Champion of the the Federal League. A title we hold in perpetuity!
Beat a team that was 1-9 last year...dont hurt yourself beating your chest about it.

Beat a team that was 1-9 last year...dont hurt yourself beating your chest about it.

I consider all victories against the mighty and elite federal league a great accomplishment. I know how high the academic and athletic standards are in that organization ???