Stark County Banter 2019 (2)

ICYMI: After their 42-13 win in Week 1 over South Bend (Indiana) Watch Coach Beau Balderson & the GlenOak Golden Eagles ? ? Team talk about their season with Joe Dunn ahead of their Week 2 matchup against Massillon!

I agree again! - Jackson definitely accepted to play CC when we dropped 3 divisions - that is a fact - haha

Perry should play Massillon - EVERY YEAR!!!!

I have the Highest Respect for Perry football always - but they should play Massillon EVERY YEAR!

Agree again in your comment - that is what the Kids Want!
I respectfully disagree Mr. Shadow. Historically speaking 15-2 all time record in favor of the Tigers is not a good match up. IMO I don’t want the beast to see our offense a 2nd time in the post season if given the chance.

Hoban flyers have been infecting my mailbox multiple times this week all the way down here in Perry Twp. It’s definitely a fine establishment and they have great things going on there but if it were closer and free I would definitely maybe consider sending my kid there.

I respectfully disagree Mr. Shadow. Historically speaking 15-2 all time record in favor of the Tigers is not a good match up. IMO I don’t want the beast to see our offense a 2nd time in the post season if given the chance.

I think I have been at old Fawcett Stadium to watch Perry play Massillon because they needed that much room to fit people in a regular season game

or am I Dreaming this happened??

Perry - Massillon is a Great Draw for fans and I guarantee the kids want that game! Every year! (maybe Panthers can cut into that 2-15 record?)

Example - Perry has a pretty good lead in games won over Central - and our Kids/Community want to play Perry Every Year no matter what!

I think I have been at old Fawcett Stadium to watch Perry play Massillon because they needed that much room to fit people in a regular season game

or am I Dreaming this happened??

Perry - Massillon is a Great Draw for fans and I guarantee the kids want that game! Every year! (maybe Panthers can cut into that 2-15 record?)

Example - Perry has a pretty good lead in games won over Central - and our Kids/Community want to play Perry Every Year no matter what!
Example - Perry has a pretty good lead in games won over Central - and our Kids/Community want to play Perry Every Year no matter what! This example works out better for me though! Lol! Our rivalry is a 1 and done, good luck and see ya next year. I’m not quite sure my nerves could handle a possible 2 count em 2 games with the Tigers.

Idk the last time you played the beast twice the little engine that could did. That was then, you don't get to fly under the radar anymore.

Idk the last time you played the beast twice the little engine that could did. That was then, you don't get to fly under the radar anymore.
I believe the last time the Tigers and Panthers played twice Max Schafer(?) I think? Hit the game winning field goal in the playoffs after Perry beat us in the regular season.

Hoover beat a traditionally solid program with a D1 RB coming off an 1800 yard season 38-7 with the 7 coming in the last 30 seconds against the JV. There were no late critical mistakes that handed Hoover the game.

And it always amuses me when people confuse division for quality. When Massillon beats say Stuebenville are they just some D3-4 team? Is St V just a D3 team?

So if McKinley beats you this year it really wont be impressive because you are just a D2 team...got it.

As for Perry being out toughed I believe their RB had nearly 300 years and 6 TDs...I'd say they were pretty tough.

East has loaded their roster in recent seasons (the reason they are a "7-3 type team" ) so it's not a bad win at this point. Firestone is a struggling program...so is Green and they took them behind the woodshed so it might be a sign of improvement.

My point, no one should be getting cocky after one week...we have no way of knowing the strength or weakness of the defeated opponents at this point. But no one should be getting cocky dismissing others either.

Better tell your brethren that, they're the ones who started with the "Jr. Circuit" stuff. Not me.

Those 2 don't even pretend to care about their team, region, or division. That's all a pipe dream. And w/ Mack, no indication he even likes hs football, lol. You'd never guess what month it was he stays mid-winter - soft, angry, locked in cold basement. Probably has one of those corkboards w/ clippings and post-it notes plastered all over it.
I believe the last time the Tigers and Panthers played twice Max Schafer(?) I think? Hit the game winning field goal in the playoffs after Perry beat us in the regular season.
Max hit the fg in 02, we weren't on Perrys regular season schedule that year.

Massillon is 17-3 in their last 20 vs Stark teams.

8-1 at PBTS
8-2 on the road
1-0 in the playoffs.

Fed League Fed League We must post about the Fed League. We don't belong. We never will. But we must corrupt the FL threads still.

I was at that game... Perry hitting on all cylinders that game... year!
Was at that game as well. Love when Perry and Massillon play. Perry went through some rough years after wakefield left. He has them back, I understand not wanting to play a potential big opponent in regular season and playoffs. But maybe once wakefield is gone whomever takes over gets them to pass more and adds Massillon again. We can talk about the poaching of players but that happens either way. Why not try to show you're their equal might make kids want to stay home. Either way long time reader first time poster. Good luck to all teams this week rep Stark county well!

Was at that game as well. Love when Perry and Massillon play. Perry went through some rough years after wakefield left. He has them back, I understand not wanting to play a potential big opponent in regular season and playoffs. But maybe once wakefield is gone whomever takes over gets them to pass more and adds Massillon again. We can talk about the poaching of players but that happens either way. Why not try to show you're their equal might make kids want to stay home. Either way long time reader first time poster. Good luck to all teams this week rep Stark county well!

Good points and welcome - make sure you bring your lunch if you want to stay on this thread ;)

Long time reader, first time poster. I laughed out loud at your 2nd paragraph. I can’t tell you how many times I sat in the stands saying to myself “just throw the damn ball please!” I’ve learned to just have patience while watching Perry play, I’ve watched many people bail when they should have stayed just a little longer to watch it unfold. We had a nice comeback the last time we played you guys in 2015 just a hair too late unfortunately
Perhaps with more reps, they would look better passing the ball... but for every parent who screams “throw the ball!!” from the sideline, and when you watch Perry throw is anyone ever like, “yeah, we should do that more!” ??

They look like the John Riggins Redskins when they run the ball while they can tend to look like 8th graders throwing it. Every time Perry tries to throw the ball on an obvious passing down, it’s cringeworthy. I do like when they take those risks on 1st & 2nd downs though and they’ll obviously get more acclimated to those plays long-term, but asking Perry to open up the playbook spells disaster in my opinion.