St Ignatus vs Hoban.

Chuck Kyle must have figured the only way to beat Hoban is through the air. Listened to the live broadcast. Unless I am mistaken it seems like Iggy only ran the ball like 7-8 times. They must have attempted somewhere in the range of 30-40 pass attempts. Reminded me of the playoff game 3 years ago versus Louisville. They passed the whole game. Only ran the ball like twice. Almost pulled the upset on Hoban too. Hoban secondary seems susceptible. Luckily the remaining schedule won’t have an offense like Iggy. Hoban will still win the D2 title this year.

cleveland.com coverage:

Ignatius finishes the four away game grinder next week against DeMatha in Maryland. Then gets to play their first home game in week five.

Ignatius flipped the script after surrendering a second half lead last week. What an unexpected and crazy win. Connor Cmiel continues to show that he is one of the most dangerous players in Ohio. If you have an experienced offensive line, you can get the Ignatius front will make you pay. That sounded like a big part of the difference in the game.

Ignatius is the one team that never stops coming. I've seen them do this before. Kyle just knows how to make adjustments and keep the kids focused and working. When I saw the score I thought, when will Iggy start to come back? I did not think they could make it all the way back. Great win for the Wildcats.

This one felt good for the team, I'm sure. I enjoyed reading the updates and listening to the SIBN. GREAT WIN for the Wildcats! Let's hope this propels them on for the rest of the season.

Go Cats!

Sounds like it was one of those games of streaks and momentum, not a choke job as Brian1227 suggests. Hoban's been in enough big games to get past that. Congrats to the Wildcats on sticking with it and to their coaching staff for making the necessary adjustments to get back into and win the game.

3 bad calls in 2nd half also hurt, Iggy QB throws a TD pass when his knees are both on ground, ref picks up a flag on an Iggy TD, then picks up another flag on next series on a PI that would have given Hoban the ball at the 50. Instead they had to punt from their 35. Then calls PI against Hoban on the very next series that give Iggy a first down instead of punting. Those led to 3 scores I believe.

Now this makes me jealous. Everyone else gets to screw Hoban. ?

Oh well win some lose some bad calls part of the game.

Ignatius JV beats Hoban this morning 30-6 to complete the sweep. Freshmen beat Hoban 27-12.

Interesting point for those fans who complain about the predictability of Restifo's playcalling:

Most notably, 11-time state champion Offensive Coordinator Nick Restifo handed over the playbook to his quarterback.
“He made playcalls,” Restifo said after the game. “We practiced it, but he made the playcalls and he made the plays. He deserves a lot of credit.”

Last edited:
Now this makes me jealous. Everyone else gets to screw Hoban. ?

Oh well win some lose some bad calls part of the game.
Here is 1 touchdown. From the knees.
1848173C-83F9-46FF-BD4C-9A334E11A6FD.jpeg

Why don't you write a strongly worded letter to the refs of that game?

The "weight room" we have been hearing about was absolutely worn down by the Ignatius lines in the second half.

Why don't you write a strongly worded letter to the refs of that game?

The "weight room" we have been hearing about was absolutely worn down by the Ignatius lines in the second half.
Not necessary. Just a blown call. I will stand by a D2 team of 400 boys going toe to toe with a D1 legendary program with 1500 boys for 4 quarters. I would say their weight room holds it own.

Poor Hoban and their 400 kids. No real athletes or players.

Funny how the "hold their own" becomes the narrative when they lose. When they win it's "weight room."

Hoban is absolutely loaded and using the 400 kids excuse is lame.

Not necessary. Just a blown call. I will stand by a D2 team of 400 boys going toe to toe with a D1 legendary program with 1500 boys for 4 quarters. I would say their weight room holds it own.
From what I heard from Hoban fans at the game there were missed calls both ways. To blame the refs for losing is lame.