St Edward Eagles

At least we can stream the game. OHSAA in their infinite wisdom has granted permission to see the games. Common sense rules, for once.

I watched the game last night and so gratefull for the live feed. Noticed Huffman was totally gassed toward the end of the 3rd and 4th quarters. He had their stud to defend and was going to basket where he was totally manhandled to the point the had to restrain Flannery at the end of the half from going after the refs. With good reason....that kid doesn't shortarm shots under the basket without getting hacked. Terrible no calls. Lorain was really good, better than I thought. Great win by 20-21. Anybody know anything about Lima Sr.?

Congrats to Huffman and Blanton on making first and second team all-state respectively. With most anticipating an announcement tomorrow that the winter tournaments will be cancelled, it's a real shame that this group will not be able to finish what they started. Flan really had these guys locked in. I'm glad they will at least go down as the winningest regular season team in St. Edward basketball history. Best of luck to these seniors at the next level.

Hopefully the spring sport season will not be cancelled as well, but it's certainly not out of the question. If that's the case, this pandemic may very well have cost us upwards of 4 championships. Wishful thinking I know, but they were definitely odds on favorite in wrestling; probably second favorite team behind Moeller in hoops; this year's baseball team looks pretty loaded after getting nipped in the district final last year; and the rugby championship has pretty much become the Cleveland Cup between us and Ignatius every year in what are always tightly contested matches.