St Edward Eagles

sehs

Another tough game tonight against Cleveland Central Catholic, they have played us tough the past few years.

fballfan

Eagles with another tough win. Central Catholic jumped out to a 20-7 first quarter lead. Eagles hold the Ironmen to 7 2nd quarter points and get the win 62-49 Congrats to Devontae Blanton for eclipsing 1000 points in his career. He and Huffman eclipsed 1000 points this year. Up next....St. Ignatius

Mitjones

Watched this game on line. Logan should never shoot from the outside. Foster is feeling his outside shot and should be set up to do so. Blanton is soo underrated on his board work. Everyone knows Huffman is the last 30 second shot guy. No complaints but his pass off then works as all d gravitates to him in anticipation. Bova is a beast inside considering his size. A box out animal. Hate this second half let down the past two games. Hopefully not a habit. Anybody see any threats in the upcoming schedule?

Myboyblue

Watched this game on line. Logan should never shoot from the outside. Foster is feeling his outside shot and should be set up to do so. Blanton is soo underrated on his board work. Everyone knows Huffman is the last 30 second shot guy. No complaints but his pass off then works as all d gravitates to him in anticipation. Bova is a beast inside considering his size. A box out animal. Hate this second half let down the past two games. Hopefully not a habit. Anybody see any threats in the upcoming schedule?
I Agree totally on Logan, his shot selection is not very good and he takes too many bad shots. Loved how Flannery took the whole starting 5 out and put in the backups when he got down 8-0 and not playing hard. By the time the starters came back in they were down 17-5 and went on a run from there. Last 5 games should be interested. You have Iggy next week. Then end with Spire, Osbourne, Perry and VASJ. I only think Iggy and Spire should be competitive games. Looking at 21-1 or 20-2. Should be an easy 1 seed in district and favored to get to the Final 4.

Remember Flan plays looser in the regular season then tightens it up in the post season. You won't see players who aren't green lights guys from 3 taking them in the big games in March.

Mitjones

Always good to beat that Jesuit school, and twice in a year is the best. That wicked second half letdown is officially a pattern and a great concern. Why on earth does Logan think he can take those threes ? I thought they got outhustled, especially in the second half. They are usually adept at 50/50 balls and coming away with most loose balls. Not so last night.

eaglepride

Did you ever watch his dad play in high school or college? I’m guessing that’s why. The guy was ridiculously good at shooting.

Any thoughts on the ISA matchup? Looks like they have almost as many blue chip recruits as Huntington Prep had.
Ed's by at least 10. A prep team like ISA has trouble against a disciplined team that plays great defense and is fundamentally sound. Plus top player Bediako will not be at game. According to Twitter he is participating in Basketball Without Borders in Chicago.

Mitjones

Please limit Logan’s outside shooting. He air balls too many. He is sooo valuable in other parts of his game that he should be on the floor but limit that outside shot. It seems they give it to him knowing he is most likely to brick it. Those second half lulls are problematic but last night was better but still there. Flannery will fix it I am sure.

Mitjones

Nice win last night. Everybody gets involved. Perfect night for Senior Night. No 2nd half slump. Foster has his shot cooking. Two games nest weekend to close out the year.