St Edward Eagles

Another tough game tonight against Cleveland Central Catholic, they have played us tough the past few years.

Eagles with another tough win. Central Catholic jumped out to a 20-7 first quarter lead. Eagles hold the Ironmen to 7 2nd quarter points and get the win 62-49 Congrats to Devontae Blanton for eclipsing 1000 points in his career. He and Huffman eclipsed 1000 points this year. Up next....St. Ignatius

Watched this game on line. Logan should never shoot from the outside. Foster is feeling his outside shot and should be set up to do so. Blanton is soo underrated on his board work. Everyone knows Huffman is the last 30 second shot guy. No complaints but his pass off then works as all d gravitates to him in anticipation. Bova is a beast inside considering his size. A box out animal. Hate this second half let down the past two games. Hopefully not a habit. Anybody see any threats in the upcoming schedule?

Watched this game on line. Logan should never shoot from the outside. Foster is feeling his outside shot and should be set up to do so. Blanton is soo underrated on his board work. Everyone knows Huffman is the last 30 second shot guy. No complaints but his pass off then works as all d gravitates to him in anticipation. Bova is a beast inside considering his size. A box out animal. Hate this second half let down the past two games. Hopefully not a habit. Anybody see any threats in the upcoming schedule?
I Agree totally on Logan, his shot selection is not very good and he takes too many bad shots. Loved how Flannery took the whole starting 5 out and put in the backups when he got down 8-0 and not playing hard. By the time the starters came back in they were down 17-5 and went on a run from there. Last 5 games should be interested. You have Iggy next week. Then end with Spire, Osbourne, Perry and VASJ. I only think Iggy and Spire should be competitive games. Looking at 21-1 or 20-2. Should be an easy 1 seed in district and favored to get to the Final 4.

Remember Flan plays looser in the regular season then tightens it up in the post season. You won't see players who aren't green lights guys from 3 taking them in the big games in March.

Always good to beat that Jesuit school, and twice in a year is the best. That wicked second half letdown is officially a pattern and a great concern. Why on earth does Logan think he can take those threes ? I thought they got outhustled, especially in the second half. They are usually adept at 50/50 balls and coming away with most loose balls. Not so last night.

Did you ever watch his dad play in high school or college? I’m guessing that’s why. The guy was ridiculously good at shooting.

Any thoughts on the ISA matchup? Looks like they have almost as many blue chip recruits as Huntington Prep had.
Ed's by at least 10. A prep team like ISA has trouble against a disciplined team that plays great defense and is fundamentally sound. Plus top player Bediako will not be at game. According to Twitter he is participating in Basketball Without Borders in Chicago.

Please limit Logan’s outside shooting. He air balls too many. He is sooo valuable in other parts of his game that he should be on the floor but limit that outside shot. It seems they give it to him knowing he is most likely to brick it. Those second half lulls are problematic but last night was better but still there. Flannery will fix it I am sure.

Nice win last night. Everybody gets involved. Perfect night for Senior Night. No 2nd half slump. Foster has his shot cooking. Two games nest weekend to close out the year.

Fortunate to see both games this past weekend. Very impressive albeit against mediocre competition. This is a pretty good shooting team, lately. Hopefully carries into the playoffs. They are very consistent at the foul line. That will help them in the close ones in the playoffs. Defense seems to be peaking at playoff level. The 7-8 man rotation seems set and has nice depth. Great hustle ,by the way, by Brendan Reins sp?. Up big against Joe’s and he’s diving for a loose ball into the scorers table. Love that about that kid. Blanton has a nice outside shot for a big but he can be a little casual about it, especially when it takes his size away from the basket.
Thought they would be wiped out after losing all these seniors but this weekend showed the future is promising. Very impressed by the bench this past weekend. Go Eagles ?

Anyone have the scoop on the matchup tonight? I remember North Royalton beat us in the playoffs 5-6 years ago when they had Omari Spellman and I'm hoping there's no one like that on their roster this year.

Anyone have the scoop on the matchup tonight? I remember North Royalton beat us in the playoffs 5-6 years ago when they had Omari Spellman and I'm hoping there's no one like that on their roster this year.
St. Edward (22-1) beat three of the Plain Dealer top 10 area teams (Lutheran East, SVSM and Brush) and is 8-0 vs. the top 25. North Royalton (19-5 and ranked #23 by the PD) has not played any 25 teams this season. Their five losses were to Oregon Cardinal Stritch, Parma, Twinsburg, Canton GlenOak and Hudson. I am not familiar with any of their players.

Good win by the eagles. Tied at 14 at end of the first. They went on a 25 to 5 run. The bears point tried to keep them in the game. Royalton was missing their big who got injured in the Brecksville game. One scary moment came when Huffman went down with an ankle injury. Up next Rhodes or St. Ignatius. Blanton had 26 Foster has another monster game.

Good win by the eagles. Tied at 14 at end of the first. They went on a 25 to 5 run. The bears point tried to keep them in the game. Royalton was missing their big who got injured in the Brecksville game. One scary moment came when Huffman went down with an ankle injury. Up next Rhodes or St. Ignatius. Blanton had 26 Foster has another monster game.

Do not want to have to play Iggy again. As special as this Ed's team is, that's one too many times playing the same opponent where they could eventually figure things out.

Agree....I think Rhodes can beat them again. I refuse to be worried though because I watched both Iggy games and they have nothing. Coach has the Eagles peaking at the right time.
On another note, if you scan the brackets and scores thus far, the low scores are amazing, unless they are typos. Moeller just seems to clamp down and slow it down. Very impressive. If the Eagles get that far some of those teams coming out of theToledo region will slow it down. Watching those will be like a trip to the dentist.

Agree....I think Rhodes can beat them again. I refuse to be worried though because I watched both Iggy games and they have nothing. Coach has the Eagles peaking at the right time.
On another note, if you scan the brackets and scores thus far, the low scores are amazing, unless they are typos. Moeller just seems to clamp down and slow it down. Very impressive. If the Eagles get that far some of those teams coming out of theToledo region will slow it down. Watching those will be like a trip to the dentist.
Ed's will only have to play 1 team out of the Toledo area and the favorite to come out of the Toledo bracket is Lima Senior who definitely WON'T slow things down.

Nice win against a scrappy Rhodes team. They made us work for the 59-39 win. Huffman and Blanton each had 22 points as the rest of the team struggled to score. Our outside shot wasn't falling and they did well to work inside for the tough points. Another District Title for the Eagles, who have made that common place under Flannery. On to play the Lorain Titans at the JAR in Akron on Wednesday. Earlier this season we beat them 64-51 at Lorain. I believe they knocked us out a couple of years ago though in the regional in a big upset and then went on to beat Toledo St. John's in another upset. I hope we are remembering that.