St. Edward 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
That return, albeit against Football North, was quite an "oh boy" for me. Montorie played very sparingly in Week 1. In a rematch, St Eds will have two big time play makers that didn't play at all or barely played in Week 1. That bodes trouble. Not to mention the continued growth and improvement of the Eagles' defense that is likely to suffocate Trobel as they did in November last year.

Mentor is good. Dominating the GCC. But that is nothing compared to what the Eagles have. If not for a couple Kipp fumbles (which he hasn't done since), the Week 1 game might've ended up being a comfortable 4th quarter Mentor win. I have that to hang my hat of hope on. Plus Mentor's defense is not as much of a pushover as they have been in the past. There is nobody that can impact a game like Potter on the defense, but they have been surprisingly very steady and consistent against the run and pass.

But if I'm being honest, I think there have been five Mentor teams better than this one under Triv, including probably last season. I'm not optimistic about a rematch with the Eagles. Wainwright and Foster are the biggest reasons why. Secondly, the Eagles defense. Thirdly, I don't trust that Kipp can put the offense on his back and carry them to victory as other Mentor QB's (Tanski, Trubisky, Krizancic, etc.) have been able to do in the past. I hope he can, but so far the consistency is not there. But it isn't really noticed because Mentor is just so much better than the GCC.

No matter who would come out on top in a potential rematch, I feel it would a be a completely different game from week one. Neither team was particularly sharp on that night.

That return, albeit against Football North, was quite an "oh boy" for me. Montorie played very sparingly in Week 1. In a rematch, St Eds will have two big time play makers that didn't play at all or barely played in Week 1. That bodes trouble. Not to mention the continued growth and improvement of the Eagles' defense that is likely to suffocate Trobel as they did in November last year.

Mentor is good. Dominating the GCC. But that is nothing compared to what the Eagles have. If not for a couple Kipp fumbles (which he hasn't done since), the Week 1 game might've ended up being a comfortable 4th quarter Mentor win. I have that to hang my hat of hope on. Plus Mentor's defense is not as much of a pushover as they have been in the past. There is nobody that can impact a game like Potter on the defense, but they have been surprisingly very steady and consistent against the run and pass.

But if I'm being honest, I think there have been five Mentor teams better than this one under Triv, including probably last season. I'm not optimistic about a rematch with the Eagles. Wainwright and Foster are the biggest reasons why. Secondly, the Eagles defense. Thirdly, I don't trust that Kipp can put the offense on his back and carry them to victory as other Mentor QB's (Tanski, Trubisky, Krizancic, etc.) have been able to do in the past. I hope he can, but so far the consistency is not there. But it isn't really noticed because Mentor is just so much better than the GCC.
There have been a few Mentor fans that have referenced Kipps lack of accuracy and consistency. Going back to last year in the playoffs he missed some throws that would have gone for big yardage. The key should be force Mentor to pass, suffocate the pocket and force him to throw quick. (No scrambles of course) Mentor and St.Edward are both tough teams full of kids with work ethic and heart, so I expect a fight on both sides when the time comes.

Offensively after last week and despite average competition, this offense maybe one of the best overall groups I have seen at St. Edward. If everything continues to click these guys are really really good. There have been more changes than at the WR position. I see no weakness at any position. There were a few balls overthrown that could have been TDs they need to clean up, especially against a team like Mentor.

Solid victory today in tough conditions.
Moeller is really at a low point.

Offense controlled the game, everyone played well. Our replacement Center is a very good player and tough in those conditions.

Defense was led by the line who dominated. Pappas and this defense maybe gave up 50 60 yards.

Special Teams has been a strong unit all year, the KO return cannot happen.

Go Eagles

The new center was actually rotating in at RG throughout the season and has seamlessly filled the C spot while the other young man recovers. Subtle changes to the D line have helped as well since the Iggy game...the goals remain the same through week 10 or best seed possible, remain healthy, and get ready for week 11. Special teams matter...make the adjustments to avoid cheap points.

Go Eagles!

Slammer notices things that I always overlook, but he is correct about the offensive line. Offensive line coach is always working to develop players throughout the year to make sure experienced players can step in as/if injuries occur. Eagles have secured a home game, it's just a question of their position now. I think if McKinley beats Mas., we are 3rd, if they lose we will hold on to second.

The new center was actually rotating in at RG throughout the season and has seamlessly filled the C spot while the other young man recovers. Subtle changes to the D line have helped as well since the Iggy game...the goals remain the same through week 10 or best seed possible, remain healthy, and get ready for week 11. Special teams matter...make the adjustments to avoid cheap points.

Go Eagles!
Center is Jr Chris Moran. 6'3" 310. Chris did a hell of a job in that weather.

Initially happened due to an injury, but Casto is playing really well think they might ride out that new change.
The depper the better. Cade Casto done a hell of a job anytime he's in.
Jeff, Alex,Cade,Trey,Terron,Calhoun..these guys been ballin out. Lisko was looking good coming back hope he is ok. Our lines and controlling both sides was big last year.

Slammer notices things that I always overlook, but he is correct about the offensive line. Offensive line coach is always working to develop players throughout the year to make sure experienced players can step in as/if injuries occur. Eagles have secured a home game, it's just a question of their position now. I think if McKinley beats Mas., we are 3rd, if they lose we will hold on to second.
I think we get 2 but if 3 still looking at same road to Mentor. Juat gotta keep everyone healthy and take the ride one week at a time and not look over anyone. We got the best coaches in the state, an players everywhere. This gonna be fun.

Hi. New here. Always read but had to get involved. Love this kids and coaches. Let's tell everyone we got to be better fans, I'm talkin on every play be positive. On D we so loud other team can't hear the snap. Pass the word. Edsup

The depper the better. Cade Casto done a hell of a job anytime he's in.
Jeff, Alex,Cade,Trey,Terron,Calhoun..these guys been ballin out. Lisko was looking good coming back hope he is ok. Our lines and controlling both sides was big last year.

Agree.. bet if there was a success rate or production rate per snap ratio, Casto's would be pretty dang high. He's played really well, both lines have like you said.

Agree.. bet if there was a success rate or production rate per snap ratio, Casto's would be pretty dang high. He's played really well, both lines have like you said.
Yes it has to be. He has worked his butt off and is doing awesome...that whole dline. I swear they made damn near 85 percent of the plays vs Moeller. OLine- is just full of some bad boys and Coach Scans is the best line coach in the state. Been around Eds just a few years but he does it with a few 1st yr starters. (Sure they'd start anywhere else) Big pickup for Oline this year was Thomas Aden who has been a stud DT...dline being deep and him being a player that is just a tough nasty kid that fights his butt off and is a team player made the jump to Offense has been a big addition. Love him anywhere on the field, now beside Kilbane and now Moran, with Formani pounding, will def take it's toll on defenses.

Had to stop in a say hi an get this thread back at the top it was a few pages in. Had a few quick reminders for all the great fans in Eagle Nation.

We are the defending Ohio D1 Champs.
The State Champs of 1 of the Top 5 football states in America.

This teams plays a high level of competition and is scared of no one. They built different an built to peak at the right times.

We are 9-1 an the team controls it's own destiny. We believe in them. Let's be the best fans possible and like the kids do.... we give are all to this team.

It's funny people on here an we probably know each other, so let's all come together and turn up.

Any good St. Edward stories, any player memories, anything Eagle related please share

Fly high Eagles.

Had to stop in a say hi an get this thread back at the top it was a few pages in. Had a few quick reminders for all the great fans in Eagle Nation.

We are the defending Ohio D1 Champs.
The State Champs of 1 of the Top 5 football states in America.

This teams plays a high level of competition and is scared of no one. They built different an built to peak at the right times.

We are 9-1 an the team controls it's own destiny. We believe in them. Let's be the best fans possible and like the kids do.... we give are all to this team.

It's funny people on here an we probably know each other, so let's all come together and turn up.

Any good St. Edward stories, any player memories, anything Eagle related please share

Fly high Eagles.

8-1

I see no reason to assume a victory over NCA.

Not to speak for Hank, but I don't think it was intentional to be honest. All of us are aware of the talent they have and the threat they possess tomorrow night. Can't ever overlook anyone.

I see no reason to assume a victory over NCA.

A friend of mine has a son that plays for NCA. Terion Sugick. His father went to Harding with me. He's a couple years oilder than me. He just posted that he's looking forward to coming back to Ohio this weekend.

Small world.

A friend of mine has a son that plays for NCA. Terion Sugick. His father went to Harding with me. He's a couple years oilder than me. He just posted that he's looking forward to coming back to Ohio this weekend.

Small world.
Nice. Your post, Worm, has me wondering more about NCA. If you know, is it true it's a school kids attend mainly to play football and perhaps get recognized by scouts? A boarding school? The fact that your friend is returning to Ohio with his son suggests that families may live closer to the school than I might've thought. Maybe it's more of a normal (private, so regional) high school in Maryland.

Only curious. I'm kind of fascinated by these places that are known as football-only schools (Football North, ECA, etc.). I just wonder if they're more than that in reality, and we might be getting it wrong.

Worm, good to see you, been a long time, hope all is well. Would love to see St. Eds v Harding again. Those were some exceptional HS football games.

NCA has a lot of skill, and you never know how weather conditions will effect a team's game plan, although I'm sure both teams are keeping an eye on the weather as they plan for this game. Fortunately for St. Eds we have developed a solid ground game and should be able to move the ball in all sorts of conditions. Looking forward to the Eagles closing out the regular season with a W and heading into the post season.

It's going to be fun...Go EAGLES.

Another solid opponent last night that offered the Eagles an additional opportunity to get ready for the post season. The Oline has been exceptional all year long, the addition of Wainwright makes this offense more diverse, and the D has improved weekly. Today's Massillon-McKinley outcome determines their seed and then the Eagles get ready for season 2 to begin. Stay healthy and focused...five tough games ahead until a champion is crowned.

Go Eagles!

Looks like the Eagles get Medina if Massillon beats McKinley, and get Massillon Jackson if McKInley wins...

Status
Not open for further replies.