Southwestern Buckeye League 2019 season thread

Shawnee used to be much bigger than now. They have lost enrollment. Still a good scrimmage for anyone. Milton scrimmages Kenton Ridge which is about the same as Shawnee. Valley View will be very good this year. 9-1, 8-2 at worst.
You really think 8-2 at worst? I think it's very likely they lose to Bellbrook, Franklin and Fort Recovery. I think they could be 9-1 or 8-2. But I'm leaning more towards 7-3.

You really think 8-2 at worst? I think it's very likely they lose to Bellbrook, Franklin and Fort Recovery. I think they could be 9-1 or 8-2. But I'm leaning more towards 7-3.
VV has Fort Recovery at home for their first game this season. Barker is a major advantage for VV and I think playing at home helps VV in that game

VV has Fort Recovery at home for their first game this season. Barker is a major advantage for VV and I think playing at home helps VV in that game
I'm not saying that VV can't get a win vs Fort Recovery. Just as I think that VV could come out and win against Franklin and Bellbrook as well. I just think all 3 of those game will be very tough.

Prediction: SW side

Bellbrook
VV
Franklin
Brookville
Oakwood
Monroe
Eaton

VV depth will be an issue early on. If they can get to the meat of their schedule unscathed watch out.

I'm not saying that VV can't get a win vs Fort Recovery. Just as I think that VV could come out and win against Franklin and Bellbrook as well. I just think all 3 of those game will be very tough.

I agree with you on those three games deciding VV's season. I view the Fort Recovery game as a true coin flip. Both teams will be good and have good seasons. Playing at home will help VV. In the short series, both teams have won very competitive games. Franklin and Bellbrook I'll need more time to evaluate. Like most teams, VV would feel very good being 2-0 after two weeks. 1-1 isn't the end of the world, but they'll need to to split one of those two other games.

CARLISLE SEASON PREVIEW

Go to swohiosportsdaily.com for Eric Hickey's report and historical data on Carlisle, which is looking to bounce back from a winless season with a new coach, Scott Clodfelter

He started a pick 'em. Here's the link:

Oakwood has a nice looking kid at QB. Too young last year, but watch him. If he's as good as he could be, Oakwood will be improved.

FRANKLIN SEASON PREVIEW

Go to swohiosportsdaily.com for Rick Cassano's report, photo gallery and historical data on Franklin, which has a veteran team and high hopes for 2019

SWBL HEAD COACHING DEBUTS

Madison's Davis, Monroe's Mullins are first-time head coaches getting ready to start Friday night ... go to swohiosportsdaily.com to read Skip Weaver's report on the local coaches

Oakwood is one school that you never know what they will bring to the table. Talent is there. Watch out.

I think you said it best "you never know what they will bring to the table". The Jacks could be anywhere from 2-8 to 7-3. I'm thinking they will be around 4-6. We do have some talent, but we are very thin. Losing one or two key players can really shuffle the deck with this team. If that happens, they will be more like 2-8.

I think you said it best "you never know what they will bring to the table". The Jacks could be anywhere from 2-8 to 7-3. I'm thinking they will be around 4-6. We do have some talent, but we are very thin. Losing one or two key players can really shuffle the deck with this team. If that happens, they will be more like 2-8.
Milton is the same this year. Injuries could be a season changer