Southwestern Buckeye League 2019 season thread

Bb 30
Vv 19
Games are won and lost on the field
The swbl was good this year on both sides of the league
Pretty sure Franklin beat them too, u don’t think either Franklin or bellbrook would have a chance at making a run in that division /region
2 loses in league doesn’t equal league champs

Now congrats to valley view and making it to regional final , coaching is huge and they have a great staff. Proud of you guys in Germantown , my mother’s side has resided there since the 70’s and they still do, my fathers side from bellbrook and thats where I played . So there ya go , I have roots for both schools , attended Vv in elementary, bellbrook middle school and high school , that rivalry and those programs mean very much to me so I’m not taking anything away from anyone .
Bet no one saw that coming ?
All these years on here I’ve left that one in the bag, so when I troll Vv just know there’s more to it then just a rivalry , I love both of those teams deeply . Grew up watching those battles being apart of both communities .

Go win state view , get passed Wyoming it’s yours to lose !!
You had your chance to beat Clinton massie but u guys lost. 2nd Valley View is healthy they wasn’t the case against BB and Franklin

You had your chance to beat Clinton massie but u guys lost. 2nd Valley View is healthy they wasn’t the case against BB and Franklin

Lol seriously ? Last I checked that was a preseason scrimmage 13-6
Preseason
Get out of here
U lost to the 2 bigger schools you played
I call it how it is . Now like I said , go beat Wyoming

Lol seriously ? Last I checked that was a preseason scrimmage 13-6
Preseason
Get out of here
U lost to the 2 bigger schools you played
I call it how it is . I mean if you’re going there maybe Clinton massie wasn’t healthy 12 weeks later when you got them ? Lol Now like I said , go beat Wyoming
I’m not downplaying what Vv has done , but you weren’t league champs you weren’t even 2nd you were 3rd, so it’s great to see that the 3rd ranked team in our league is making a run , makes the swbl look great

Now we’re playing the we weren’t heathy game , it’s football , 90% of teams aren’t heathy after week 2 , it’s a violent game

I’d take a playoff run over a league title 10/10 times. Just my two cents. VV the only team in here to win state titles so other programs just don’t understand the feeling of a deep playoff run

If you ask some of the Madison fans in here I bet you they’d take that state semi run a few years ago over a league title. But that’s not to diminish a league championship at all! League titles are great and winning them is a great accomplishment. But The feeling of being the last 8, 4, 2 teams remaining in the state of Ohio in your entire division is just a whole different feeling. VV got spoiled and used to being in the final 8 and 4 almost yearly that not being back in 14 years kind of hit the reset button on this community. Even though we are the surprise team in D4, this isn’t a “just glad to be here” moment. This coaching staff and program knows that this is always the standard. I expect this to be the norm again

Valley View being the only State Champs in the SWBL proves nothing to me. When I played at Milton back in the 70s-80s, we were the best program in SWBL history. We were denied a chance to play due to the playoffs being first, 1 team from each of 12 regions. Secondly, only taking 2 from 16 regions. All while playing schools like Northmont, Trotwood, Greenville, Butler, etc. back when those schools were all tops in the area and much larger than Milton.
Valley View was able to take advantage of expanded playoffs with an influx of talent. Bellbrook and Milton have had winning programs long before Niswonger was there and long before Valley View existed. Niswonger played vs Milton when he was at Greenville and lost his butt to MU. He’s a much better coach than a player.
I’m rooting for Valley View but Wyoming will beat the Spartans by 4 td’s. Prater is better than anyone the Spartans have faced all year and then some. I hope Valley View can win State again. Gives us all hope.

4619AEF2-AD1B-4B52-BA04-1803BCEFF619.jpeg

this was prior to last nights victory. Say what you want about Milton in the 70s.Valley View was and will always be the flag carrier in the Ohio State playoffs. Valley View (unlike other schools) keeps coaches and players around who won titles to give current players insight to what it takes to rise up when there is little support and play with anyone. they may not win Saturday but VV did just beat the states best RB so I won’t count my Spartans out for anything. Like I said in my earlier posts, League titles are great. But I’d take VVs playoff runs over league titles and 1 and done playoff appearances any day of the week.

For reference this was for the last 30 years

Last edited:
Also for reference according to 247sports (best recruiting website for college football)

2020 class - Evan Prater is No. 296 overall recruit in nation
2021 class - Corey Kiner is No. 183 overall recruit in nation who will be playing college ball for most likely Michigan

both players are unbelievable and the most logical guess is Prater will get his. But to say he’s far and away the best player VV has faced is just irresponsible

View attachment 4768
this was prior to last nights victory. Say what you want about Milton in the 70s.Valley View was and will always be the flag carrier in the Ohio State playoffs. Valley View (unlike other schools) keeps coaches and players around who won titles to give current players insight to what it takes to rise up when there is little support and play with anyone. they may not win Saturday but VV did just beat the states best RB so I won’t count my Spartans out for anything. Like I said in my earlier posts, League titles are great. But I’d take VVs playoff runs over league titles and 1 and done playoff appearances any day of the week.

For reference this was for the last 30 years
See this is my issue with so many VV fans. No respect outside of their own achievements. It was way more than the 70s bud. I like you but don’t get the big head going. Wyoming is grads and tails better than RB. Just be prepared and don’t feel the need to “carry the banner”.
Irresponsible only because you have yet to face him. He’s committed to UC already. Kiner will be at scUM but I bet there are better backs in the state. Trivialize Prater all you want. This kid is Mitch Evans all over again.

You’d
See this is my issue with so many VV fans. No respect outside of their own achievements. It was way more than the 70s bud. I like you but don’t get the big head going. Wyoming is grads and tails better than RB. Just be prepared and don’t feel the need to “carry the banner”.
Irresponsible only because you have yet to face him. He’s committed to UC already. Kiner will be at scUM but I bet there are better backs in the state. Trivialize Prater all you want. This kid is Mitch Evans all over again.
You’d be singing the same praise if you faced Kiner first round. Kid is the best RB I’ve ever seen in this division. Prater is probably the best QB to come through D4 in a long long time. Last time VV faced a QB of this caliber was Maty Mauk and it didn’t go so well. I think we are better prepared this go around

Also no offense but is VV fans just supposed to act like the last 30 years didnt exist? You constantly bring up Milton in the 70s like they were the greatest team since the creation of football yet when I say something that’s true it’s a problem? C’mon man

Congrats to Valley View!! I have been very impressed with the 2 playoff wins. I can't lie, after watching Valley View vs. Eaton, I made several posts stating that I did not think Valley View would do good in the playoffs. Boy did they prove me wrong, and I hope they continue to do so.

Valley View is and had been the standard setter for success in the SWBL since the early 90's. I am not a VV guy, but those are the facts. Other schools have had some teams that had a lot of success, but no one has come close to matching the accomplishments of VV in the last 25-30 years. Good luck to VV this weekend. Seems like they enjoy playing the underdog and no one has given them much of a chance the last two weeks. I said several weeks ago that Wyoming was the king of the hill until someone proves otherwise and I stand by that, but I will certainly be rooting for the Spartans to pull off another upset.

My only thing about Wyoming and Valley View is that Clinton Massie and Roger Bacon are both running teams. Wyoming is a throwing team they are going to spread it out 5 wide and throw it 50 times. How did Valley View do against the pass all season?? Will they be able to handle the throwing game?

My only thing about Wyoming and Valley View is that Clinton Massie and Roger Bacon are both running teams. Wyoming is a throwing team they are going to spread it out 5 wide and throw it 50 times. How did Valley View do against the pass all season?? Will they be able to handle the throwing game?
I suspect Troy Coulter and Cade will be playing both ways. Cade came in a FS a few times this season and Troy has the speed and length to be able to defend well. To what extent I’m not sure but don’t be surprised to see VV put their absolute best athletes in the secondary.

I suspect Troy Coulter and Cade will be playing both ways. Cade came in a FS a few times this season and Troy has the speed and length to be able to defend well. To what extent I’m not sure but don’t be surprised to see VV put their absolute best athletes in the secondary.
I hope nothing but the best for Valley View bring it back to the SWBL

The tricky thing about Wyoming is that, while Prater can absolutely kill you in the passing game (1626 yards and 21 TD passes), they are at their best when running the football, and Prater is the #1 threat. Over the last four games, he has rushed for 727 yards and 12 TDs, 7.7 YPC. That's just Prater. In those games, he has thrown the ball 41 times, going 28/41 with 6 TDs and 1 Int. When IH and Wyoming played in week 10, IH played a cover 0 with 8-9 guys in the box almost all night, and he ran for over 300 yards. They also have two good RBs in Hester and Thomas who have run for almost 700 yards and 5 TDs combined. 6'2 Jr. Mitchell is the WR to watch for as he has 694 yards and 7TDs. And the defense only gave up 6 points a game through their 12 games, including 5 shutouts and no more than 18 points allowed in any game (IH week 10 and MU week 11). They lost a lot of key players on both sides of the ball after last season but have seemingly picked up right where they left off, and even lost their starting RB and LB in week 9, but haven't missed a beat.

Excited to see how this one plays out with the playoff history these two have and hoping for the Cowboys to keep it rolling onto state, but this will be a huge test, no doubt. Would love to see a regular season series start up.

IRL, seriously, Valley View has been good since 1993. You and I typically get along but sometimes, especially when they have a little success, you get crazy.
yes, just like you spout off about Valley from your days,I’m proud of my days at Milton. Actually I graduated from MU in 84. My years in Junior and Senior high saw MU finish, 10-0,10-0, 8-2, 6-4, 9-1, 10-0. 5 league titles. Never got one chance to play in playoffs. In 1978 Milton allowed 21 points scored all year. I know that doesn’t compare to State Titles but the Spartans were given the opportunity at a great time.
I’m rooting for you but I have also seen both teams and Valley View will struggle. I’m hoping Wyoming has a bad night and Valley View can strut its stuff in Canton.

IRL, seriously, Valley View has been good since 1993. You and I typically get along but sometimes, especially when they have a little success, you get crazy.
yes, just like you spout off about Valley from your days,I’m proud of my days at Milton. Actually I graduated from MU in 84. My years in Junior and Senior high saw MU finish, 10-0,10-0, 8-2, 6-4, 9-1, 10-0. 5 league titles. Never got one chance to play in playoffs. In 1978 Milton allowed 21 points scored all year. I know that doesn’t compare to State Titles but the Spartans were given the opportunity at a great time.
I’m rooting for you but I have also seen both teams and Valley View will struggle. I’m hoping Wyoming has a bad night and Valley View can strut its stuff in Canton.
Bless if you graduated in 1984 then 1983 wouldve been your senior season and you did not go 10-0. They went 7-3 overall and 4-3 in the 2nd year of the SRC.

I would agree with NewOldBlood, I'm wasn't born in Germantown but I've been around the SWBL my entire life. I would say since the 90's, most years the Spartans have carried the flag for the league. Prior to that, Valley View's football success wasn't much to write home about.

As for DIV R16, the Regional Final is set with Wyoming vs. Valley View. When talking about Prater, he sounds a great deal like Cradlebaugh of Valley View. Against Clinton Massie he threw for 300 yards but against Roger Bacon he rushed for over 200 yards. The dual threat QB's will score points, but the defenses could be the difference. I would think this game comes down to the two defenses. Both teams have offenses that can put up points, but which defense can limit the other offense will be key. I worry a lot about VV getting enough pressure up front to help it's secondary not have to cover quite as long. It could be the single biggest factor in the game.

Cade Has come a long way since last year. It’s amazing how much he has grown has a thrower and a leader (he’s always been a real good runner) I hope his VV career doesn’t end Saturday