Sites for the semifinals?

Per OHSAA website, match will be Wednesday, 7:00 pm at Brunswick HS.

Guess it's because a larger venue + stands on both sides of the pitch
CSU's Krenzler Field has stands on only one side

D1: Medina v St. Ignatius at Brunswick, Olentangy Liberty v Lakota East at Xenia
D2: Howland v Lexington at Barberton, Columbus Academy v Tippecanoe at London
D3: South Range v Bluffton at Chippewa, Wellington School v Botkins at Springfield

Springfield and Xenia make sense as locations, but those fields are really narrow. Xenia looks about 62 yards wide based on this picture.

DJI_0125%20(1).JPG

Springfield and Xenia make sense as locations, but those fields are really narrow. Xenia looks about 62 yards wide based on this picture.

DJI_0125%20(1).JPG
I think it looks to be about 65 or so (44 for the box, plus 10+ on each side, based on where the hash mark is). Definitely not the widest field around, but as wide/wider than a lot of the fields that have tracks around them. Lakota East's field looks to be right at 64 wide, by comparison.

Seems like they should be able to find other fields in the 70+ width range for these bigtime tournament games. From what I've heard about the way the tournament assignments work, I don't know that the people making these decisions are even thinking about width of a field and it's impact on the game's quality. There's also the possibility that those schools don't apply to host. So the pool is limited not only geographically, but by options in general. Also the stadiums big enough to hold a semifinal crowd are almost all going to be football + track + soccer multipurpose, which means the 64-66 width range is about all you can expect.

I think it looks to be about 65 or so (44 for the box, plus 10+ on each side, based on where the hash mark is). Definitely not the widest field around, but as wide/wider than a lot of the fields that have tracks around them. Lakota East's field looks to be right at 64 wide, by comparison.

Seems like they should be able to find other fields in the 70+ width range for these bigtime tournament games. From what I've heard about the way the tournament assignments work, I don't know that the people making these decisions are even thinking about width of a field and it's impact on the game's quality. There's also the possibility that those schools don't apply to host. So the pool is limited not only geographically, but by options in general. Also the stadiums big enough to hold a semifinal crowd are almost all going to be football + track + soccer multipurpose, which means the 64-66 width range is about all you can expect.

The hash is inside the box. You can see it here.

Typically we see matchups between teams from Southwest against Columbus. To me, Chaminade-Julienne High School in Dayton would be fantastic option for a state semi. It's a gorgeous facility and plenty wide.

Unless it's different in other parts of the state, most high school varsity teams in northeast Ohio are playing their (regular season) games in a multi-purpose facility with a width of about 65 yards. From what I've heard the conversation has been questions about Crew Stadium's larger width impacting teams that used to playing games all year on fields of 65 yards wide.

Typically we see matchups between teams from Southwest against Columbus. To me, Chaminade-Julienne High School in Dayton would be fantastic option for a state semi. It's a gorgeous facility and plenty wide.
Yes. Great facility. They hosted a district final a couple of years ago (Bethel v SCD maybe?). I don't think they hosted anything last year or this year though. Maybe they didn't throw their name in the hat.

Yes. Great facility. They hosted a district final a couple of years ago (Bethel v SCD maybe?). I don't think they hosted anything last year or this year though. Maybe they didn't throw their name in the hat.
Probably. I don’t know why they didn’t. It’s a great way to make money but they’re obviously not hurting for money with the facility they have.