Should there be assault charges against Aaron Donald?

i think i read or heard the same thing. nfl has nothing to do with practices.

jtk
()

What do they have to do with a guy getting a massage on his own time, then?

It is bad PR for the league, for a player to expose himself to women; bashing players in practice; not so much.

Amazed at the number of Brown fans supporting sexual perverts.

It is bad PR for the league, for a player to expose himself to women; bashing players in practice; not so much.

Amazed at the number of Brown fans supporting sexual perverts.
Not necessarily supporting him, just pointing out the double standard.

I'm not sure if the league has any jurisdiction on these practices. As we see with the Bills punter being canned, there is no rulebook for punishment in the NFL. Civil suit, just like Watson, he's cut and will likely never get another shot in the NFL. Watson, 11 games and guaranteed $245 mill. Aaron Donald, nothing will happen. Maybe an "undisclosed" fine. It's really kind of a joke.

14Red - 4 completely different situations between:
* Deshawn Watson & Buffalo punter
* Myles Garrett & Aaron Donald

Watson is a face of a franchise player who had 24 sexual assault allegations vs the Buffalo rookie punter who is facing a very serious allegation of raping a minor. There is only 15 or so world class qb’s, one can find a punter quite easily. If you are boss you can pick & choose who you want working for you, the easier that person is to replace the easier it is to make a moral decision.

Donald’s helmet throwing occurred during a practice, Garrett occurred on national tv. NFL is a entertainment industry, Garrett’s actions were wrong & horrible for business.

It’s really quite simple if one quits trying to make it a “woke” / political decision or let their Browns fan-ism get in the way of making a logical decision.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if the league has any jurisdiction on these practices. As we see with the Bills punter being canned, there is no rulebook for punishment in the NFL. Civil suit, just like Watson, he's cut and will likely never get another shot in the NFL. Watson, 11 games and guaranteed $245 mill. Aaron Donald, nothing will happen. Maybe an "undisclosed" fine. It's really kind of a joke.
League has no jurisdiction over practices.

No, he should not be charged with assault.

all comes down to the CBA, and how good/valuable the player is on what punishments we see. Its easy to cut a rookie punter.
Still...to sign someone to nearly a qtr of a billion guaranteed with his past hanging over him was not a good business decision by the browns and the league/other owners hate the precedent it set. It upped the ante way too much for qbs.