River Rouge HS (Michigan) Looking for Games for 2023 Season

River Rouge is looking for games for the following weeks:
  • Week 2 (8/31/23)
  • Week 3 (9/8/23)
  • Week 8 (10/13/23)
1 or 2 year contract . Serious inquiries only please contact Coachpettway97@gmail.com. We play in Division 3 in Michigan and have roughly 1100 students.

1. The 2 big Catholic schools in Cleveland, Cleveland St. Ignatius and Lakewood St. Edward, sometimes have trouble scheduling games. It looks like you are already playing St. Ed's. I saw St. Ignatius may have an open date in week 3 based on a Yappi thread: http://yappi.com/forum/index.php?threads/2023-st-ignatius-football.355744/
  2. The same is true for the 4 Greater Catholic League South teams in Cincinnati (Elder, Moeller, St. Xavier, and LaSalle).
  3. Massillon is another program that has an independent schedule and will typically play anybody anywhere. But it looks like their schedule for 2023 is full.
  4. Akron Archbishop Hoban would be another one.
  5. Many times teams like the ones listed above will play some tough Canadian programs too.

Best of luck.

1. The 2 big Catholic schools in Cleveland, Cleveland St. Ignatius and Lakewood St. Edward, sometimes have trouble scheduling games. It looks like you are already playing St. Ed's. I saw St. Ignatius may have an open date in week 3 based on a Yappi thread: http://yappi.com/forum/index.php?threads/2023-st-ignatius-football.355744/
  2. The same is true for the 4 Greater Catholic League South teams in Cincinnati (Elder, Moeller, St. Xavier, and LaSalle).
  3. Massillon is another program that has an independent schedule and will typically play anybody anywhere. But it looks like their schedule for 2023 is full.
  4. Akron Archbishop Hoban would be another one.
  5. Many times teams like the ones listed above will play some tough Canadian programs too.

Best of luck.
Thanks for this information! Do you have any contact info for the abovementioned schools?

Rossford HS has an away game week 3. Stadium and HS were recently rebuilt with field turf, new locker rooms, and great sight lines/easy access for fans. It's about an hour from River Rouge HS and not quite two hours from Cleveland if you find a team and need a neutral site. Easy access from I-75 and the Ohio turnpike.

River Rouge used to travel to Petoskey to open the basketball season when I was in HS.

Elder has never played a Michigan team and I believe are open Week 2. But I think Ohio Week 2 is August 25th.

I would shoot for Elder in week 2, Hoban in week 3 and Canfield in week 8. Those 3 will really challenge both sides. I know River Rouge has trouble scheduling Michigan schools. These 3 would be great matchups. Hoban lost in the D2 championship. Elder routinely competes far in D1. And Canfield won the D3 championship.

Perhaps schedule a home and home or schedule a neutral site at Toledo Central Catholic or Univ Toledo in the middle.

In the future Im sure Toledo Central Catholic would schedule River Rouge. TCC is now in the Detroit Catholic League and will be playing Michigan teams a lot more often.

@CCHS93 Canfield is playing Holy Name week 8, they are only open week 7 now. And even so, they need another home game, so they likely wouldn't have entertained a neutral site or away game.

@CCHS93 Canfield is playing Holy Name week 8, they are only open week 7 now. And even so, they need another home game, so they likely wouldn't have entertained a neutral site or away game.
Ah didnt see that. I hope River Rouge can find some games though. They have a solid program.