RIP North Viking

Quest4Gold

Just got a call like 30 minutes ago that North Viking passed away this evening from an illness.

I know some of you guys did not see eye to eye with this poster, but he was a great guy if you knew him. I don't know what else to say, but to the people on here who keep grudges too long, don't. Live life at your fullest, don't let the little things bother you and if you feel sick and it doesn't go away, then go to the doctor's

Oh man. He just private messaged me like two weeks ago. That's awful. Being a City Series guy we had a lot in common. RIP North Viking

Prayers to North Viking's family. Just does let me know High school sports are not the most important thing. Sadness.

I've got to know Kurt more than probably most of you over the last year or two. Nice guy that also had a good sense of humor. Also fiercely proud of Akron North.

Last I heard from Kurt was last Saturday i believe. We were going back and forth about the Steuby Ursuline game.

Damn.

the barbershop in the sky has a new patron.

Last edited:
Wow! I enjoyed his Akron pickem contest! He did rub people the wrong way ,but everyone on here has from time to time.
RIP NV and my condolences to his family.

Omg he just texted me yesterday, he asked me to do the akron contest wow did not know he was sick.Thought was family member.Think round 60 i met him this year.

RIP North Viking.

He would have liked the frolic and folly of Hoban coach getting called to the principal's office (ohsaa) later this week for recruiting violations. Or he may have the best seat in the meeting, who knows. Either way, he was a true Akron fellow who was passionate about his home and local HS ball.

Such sad news. Condolences to his family. Each year I'd participate in his Akron pick'em contest. I've never been to Akron, or even to NEO. But I'd participate because he made this such a fun contest, and he had such a great sense of humor. I never met North Viking, but he really seemed like such a great guy. He'd talk about Pumpkin the cat. He made funny jokes about all of us in the contest (those little comments would seem so silly, but they'd make me laugh). It's really hard to put all the emotions now into words. RIP North Viking.

RIP North Viking aka Kurt Foster. Kurt was one of a kind fiercely loyal to North High School and APS. We would meet every year around August with Hubman at Dante's and discuss the upcoming season. Kurt was a school teacher and former Tennis Coach at North. He was very intelligent and love to read and was well connected throughout the City of Akron. He was a loyal listener and caller on 1350am with Joe Dunn and Tom Linder. He took great care of his mom and family. I still owe him a Bet he won....we did battle but he was a good person with a kind heart. RIP and condolences to the Family.

Yeah, he was a good guy. Now he wasn't as old as you guys had him. He was only 48 years old. Like a few people have said, he was very pro North and city series. He always made sure his family and friends were taken care of. My wife was like he always mailed us a Christmas card.

Did not sleep well last night as I am still in shock.

Last edited:
Quest 4 gold he was a great guy, we texted all the time, i am in shock too.I will try and run the contest as good as he did, and do his comments, a great guy.

Kurt was a good guy as we also text all the time. I remember I called him when I got lost heading to Green Street this year. Can't believe he was only 48. Very sad.

RIP

Last edited:
Sad to hear and condolences to his family. Didn't have much interaction with him as his primary focus was Akron and Akron teams. Sure was entertaining to read though. He's another one that will be missed on here.

Damn. He was a good dude. I'll sure miss his posts and PMs. I remember being on the Puddle with him back when it was a real website and participating in the weekly contest with him and we stayed friends since. He will be sorely missed.

Very sad news. Never met the guy in person, but always like the conversations with him on here.