Rieman Tourney 1/28/23

Teams: Delaware Hayes, Central Crossing, Delta, Loveland, Dublin Coffman,
Olentangy, Grove City, Dublin Scioto, Olentangy Berlin, Massillon Perry, Painesville
Riverside, Cincinnati Elder, Mount Vernon, Lakota West and Hilliard Davidson (Delta is no longer able to attend this season, but will be back next yr.)
-Results will be posted on Delaware Wrestling's Twitter page once again. @DwareWrestle740

Massillon Perry would be the favorite, Dublin Coffman likely to finish 2nd with Elder as good a bet as any to take third.

Love this. Old school. Paper brackets, no track/ Flo/ Baums….Great wrestling, super well run, well officiated, and what could be better than celebrating wrestling Moms!

Not that it’s the biggest deal in the world, but how were there 4 state #1 ranked, as well as nationally ranked guys; and the guy that won OW actually lost early in the day to a back up? However, still managed to get voted Outstanding Wrestling.

Not that it’s the biggest deal in the world, but how were there 4 state #1 ranked, as well as nationally ranked guys; and the guy that won OW actually lost early in the day to a back up? However, still managed to get voted Outstanding Wrestling.
Who was it?

Maybe because the coaches voted for it ?
That’s exactly the point, the coaches voted for it! No offense toward Moore, to come back and win after losing earlier in the day to a back-up shows grit! I look forward to seeing him making some noise in March! But for the majority of the coaches (predominately Central Ohio Coaches) to deem his performance as outstanding is beyond me! Especially when you had Omar Ayoub, Ty Wilson, Ethan Birden and Aiden Fockler who are all state and Nationally ranked winning in dominant fashion.

OW is not always about being the best wrestler. It is about someone overcoming the odds or having a great performance. 132 had 8 state ranked wrestlers. Pretty good bracket if you ask me. Congrats Wyatt! Well deserved.
I see you’re using the word “ranked” very loosely! First, there weren’t 8 ranked guys in that weight class. And second, name one guy that was ranked above #8? I agree, the OW doesn’t necessarily always go to the best wrestler, but OW going to a wrestler that didn’t even win all of his matches? Make it make sense!

OW is not always about being the best wrestler. It is about someone overcoming the odds or having a great performance. 132 had 8 state ranked wrestlers. Pretty good bracket if you ask me. Congrats Wyatt! Well deserved.
Wouldn’t overcoming the odds be the backup who beat him… the backup didn’t even get a chance to win due to him forfeiting to the starter

If it's about over coming the odds, then we should look at guys that got beat the first round and came all the way back to get 3rd as your OW. Most think it's about the most dominant wrestler who shows sportsmanship that's due at a great event like the Rieman. I'd think the parents of Perry's back up are more disappointed now. Old men still think wrestle offs are the best way to select your team😃

If 132 was the best weight class and you think a loss in the tournament to a back up is outstanding, then so be it. Hard for individuals not present and not able to look at brackets to make a decision as there is so many more dynamics involved. It looked to me like Ayoub was the most dominant toying with a very good Curtis from Perry.

I enjoy that Warwick keeps getting dismissed pretty much as a "backup." Kid is ranked #8 currently. He and Plotts must be very close. Assuming that both have wrestled in the number one spot at points this year, but that's just a guess.