Regionals...

I found this video of the sequence. First is a disputed saved ball at the goal by IH...on a long shot by Alter.....then the play described above. It ends with ref stopping the clock and awarding the PK. You don't see the PK...it goes into a promotional video...but you see what happened....would love to get referee interpretations on this one.....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yc-rASnCKk

After watching I now see what happened. The goalie should have punted....it was not a goal kick...so by putting the ball on the ground and the field player picking it up and trying to kick....it was a hand ball...good call....I think! So bizarre though. Never seen that.

You cannot handle more than that....she picked up the ball with both hands!

Goal looked like a save, but that angle makes it tough...nothing conclusive showing the calls were not correct. GReat shot on goal though...wow!

I found this video of the sequence. First is a disputed saved ball at the goal by IH...on a long shot by Alter.....then the play described above. It ends with ref stopping the clock and awarding the PK. You don't see the PK...it goes into a promotional video...but you see what happened....would love to get referee interpretations on this one.....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yc-rASnCKk

After watching I now see what happened. The goalie should have punted....it was not a goal kick...so by putting the ball on the ground and the field player picking it up and trying to kick....it was a hand ball...good call....I think! So bizarre though. Never seen that.

There's another thread about the beautiful game. This is one of the things that bothers me with the way most American's play soccer, especially at the high school level and below. Everyone just punts the ball away. No working out of the back, not even targeted punts directly to players. Just haul off and kick it as high and far as you can. So instead of keeping possession, they instead leave it up to chance with s 50/50 ball. Don't get me wrong, there is a time and place to just boot it away, but that should be the exception, not the rule. Ask any casual fan and most of them will tell you it is the rule that the keeper is supposed to kick it away when they get it, that's how often the game is played like that.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

There's another thread about the beautiful game. This is one of the things that bothers me with the way most American's play soccer, especially at the high school level and below. Everyone just punts the ball away. No working out of the back, not even targeted punts directly to players. Just haul off and kick it as high and far as you can. So instead of keeping possession, they instead leave it up to chance with s 50/50 ball. Don't get me wrong, there is a time and place to just boot it away, but that should be the exception, not the rule. Ask any casual fan and most of them will tell you it is the rule that the keeper is supposed to kick it away when they get it, that's how often the game is played like that.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Geez.

On the first scenario, the kickoff should have been called back since there were offensive payers clearly in the other half of the field when the ball was played. As for the goal/no goal decision, from this angle it does not appear that the entire ball crossed the goal line.
As for the handling, it looks like someone may have asked for a handling to be called but the referee looks to tell them to play it once the keeper gains possession of the ball. No whistle was blown to call the handling therefore the play was still live. Unfortunately the payers may have been confused on the no call but you can’t change the call just because a player is confused and makes a mistake.

While we're analyzing video, I saw this live at Beavercreek/Mason and was concerned at the time that this goal should have been called back. For me, video confirms that the Creek player was off, moves to play the ball and while she doesn't play the ball, she takes out a Mason defender giving the goalscorer a clear shot on goal. If I'm the linesman, I'm calling that. It may not have changed the outcome, but a second goal in two minutes can be a back breaker, which this was. At any rate, let me know what you think of the video. Goal in question starts at 20:42.

https://youtu.be/SMVEsQD2Hv8?t=1242