Red Wave Fizzles: What are the Implications?

The fizzle last night is the reality that Trumpism has a finite ceiling. It's not a growing/growable coalition, and he helped push through the primary process a bunch of finite ceiling general election candidates that underperformed in races that should have been very winnable for the minority party in a midterm election given our current economic conditions.

Ron DeSantis cakewalks into the white house in 2024 if he is the GOP nominee. Having Donald Trump on the ballot again ensures the current status quo with a narrow, closely contested result for either side. Extremely high voter participation and maximum voter gridlock/division.
I disagree. I'm hopeful that DeSantis can grow "Trumpism" beyond anything that Trump could do.

You must have read some pretty crappy history books if you think tribalism is something that only applies to hunter/gatherer society's. We have plenty of evidence that tribalism has been a major driving force of human behavior throughout the industrial and technological age. People ignore this force at their peril.

It must be nice to climb up on the moral high ground by declaring yourself a proud member of the magical middle. Of course your definition of the "middle" is solidly left of center.

Calling me a "right wing extremist" is only proof that your notion of the middle is pretty far left. It's also proof that you've never actually met a far right extremist. The truth is that in America there aren't to many of them.

I do love your call for a "stable society". You might want to consider that the pursuit of "stable society's" has often been the rational for all sorts of evil actions from genocide to book burning. By hey at least the society is stable.

But nothing speaks to the truth of who you are and what you believe then your last sentence. That inner totalitarian is hard to keep hidden isn't it? Go ahead and "marginalize" me and "turn off my power". It's all in a good cause right? Funny though that those in my tribe on the right rarely call for people like you to be silenced. We welcome the debate. But then again your arguments are weak and ours are pretty damn strong.
He is a indoctrinated individual that drinks from the Government trough. He is insulated in the womb of the Government. His definition of freedom is far different from our founding fathers. Eat and gorge on the slave of tax. For he knows no bounds.

Here is what I learned from last nights results
1. Ohio is and will continue to be a solidly red state. The control the Republicans have over the statehouse and state Supreme Court will make this a long term certainty.

2. Florida is also a solidly red state and will remain so

3. Dems have a real problem with the Hispanic vote which will continue to grow as their % of the population grows. They want law and order (including secure borders) and are more conservative on some of the social issues.

4. Trump is finished as a 2024 candidate.

5. DeSantis is the 2024 front runner for the Republicans, but don't be surprised to see Youngkin and Kemp command interest

6. Election deniers are losers. You cannot continue to harp on an issue that has been proven false time and time again. Give it up.

7. Assuming the Republicans win the House, McCarthy is not a guaranteed to become Speaker of the House. He is going to face backlash by the more reasonable members of the party for supporting such extreme candidates.

8. I think there will be a push by leaders in the Republican party to push back against supporting extreme (crazy) candidates and sitting members (See Boebert, MTG, Gaetz, Gosar etc).

9. Biden will not run in 2024. The Dems have to feel good about the mid term results and will push for a competitive candidate in 2024.
Overall I think you're right but I disagree with 4 & 9. Trump has definitely been weakened but I would never count the guy out. It will be critical for the GOP to convince Trump not to run for POTUS in 2024 while still getting him to rally in support of the candidate.

As for Biden running, unless he's completley incapcitated he will run. Biden is the democrats only option. They will drag him accros the finish line in the same way they pulled brain dmaaged Fetteran over the line.

Trump has spent more time in Stormy Daniels than a church. Almost as strange as evangelicals supporting Herschel Walker over Rev Rafael Warnock (a well know evangelical preacher)
Why are you talking about TRUMP? Seriously, it's a weird obsession for you guys.

There is something to what you stated about SW Ohio and it’s probably true in many places. I live in West Clermont and 100 yards from the end of our cul de sac is Anderson Twp (Hamilton Co.) You can almost see the political yard signs change from Red to Blue within a few miles. Quite funny actually.
Crossing 275 from Hamilton County into Butler county is like crossing a huge river separating two different country's. And this will only intensify over the coming years.

Guy had a stroke, he's recovering, he's not brain damaged you POS .[Yes you're a POS far right wing conspiracy theorist. if you have a stroke at some point I hope people call you brain damaged } go back and re-read your post, what is " DMMAAGED " 'Fetteran?
Hey Harry isn't one of the primary symptoms of a stroke BRAIN DAMAGE?

Interesting how you spew your poison on a thread that up to this point actually had an interesting discussion going on.

Interesting how you spew your poison on a thread that up to this point actually had an interesting discussion going on.
So are you his doctor? Is it permanent ? He will never get any better over the next 5-6 years? Poison? Good one far righty conspiracy theorist. Now that is poison and it affects your beloved party to boot. Nothing poison about you being a callous POS. ? Of course it's very selective.

So are you his doctor? Is it permanent ? He will never get any better over the next 5-6 years? Poison? Good one far righty conspiracy theorist. Now that is poison and it affects your beloved party to boot. Nothing poison about you being a callous POS. ? Of course it's very selective.
Go away child.

Obviously you have no idea what is going on in Trumbull County, so flipping to Republican was a huge deal. Also Timmy got taken down in Ohio, so I guess that is not important to you either.
You are right. It is not important to me at all.

Your kids all think you are nuts.

1668035265282.jpeg

Well, this is classic kooky right tripe. Isn't the whole "thing" about civilization that we understand our basic nature and build systems and structures to help make us better. Your take has us still living as hunter/gatherers.

When I talk about give and take, I recognize that both sides need a trip to the woodshed.

Your comments identify you as a right-wing extremist...akin to those on the far left that you despise. As people serious about governance and a stable society, we need to marginalize you (which was done pretty effectively until recently...so we will drive you back into your basement...maybe turn off your power!)....and do the same to whacko lefty/commies and get back to a society where that middle 60% (on both sides of the middle) run the country.
The middle is a myth naive idealist have to tell themselves.

As people serious about governance and a stable society, we need to marginalize you (which was done pretty effectively until recently...so we will drive you back into your basement...maybe turn off your power!)

Good luck with that. It's hilarious you consider yourself the "sane" one. Fortunately for us, the opinion of ambulance chasing attorneys was marginalized decades ago.

What a boob.

To your half a point, how many media outlets did you hear reminding anyone that the original Roe v. Wade was an absurd stretch, that overturning an absurd stretch kicked it back to the states where it belongs, and that that bogus interpretation of a Constitutional right to privacy is absurd, so therefore not an attack on constitutional liberties unless you are an elastic brained liberal ?

There are a myriad of single issue voters in that idiotic club called the Democrat party. They stand for nothing but “Do as thou wilt”, insane libertines unless someone pays them in campaign finance and benefits to squash some people. In trying to be everything to everyone in the name of personal power, they are nothing but the lowest common denominator
Roe v Wade was law for 50 years. You act like it was passed a few years ago and it was fresh in the minds of the media. I understand that you are a Constitutional Law expert so your understanding is much deeper than us average Joes so that is why I appear to be such a simpleton.

Thank you for taking your valuable time to enlighten me

Roe v Wade was law for 50 years. You act like it was passed a few years ago and it was fresh in the minds of the media. I understand that you are a Constitutional Law expert so your understanding is much deeper than us average Joes so that is why I appear to be such a simpleton.

Thank you for taking your valuable time to enlighten me
I know that I do act exactly like it was adjudicated 50 years ago, because that was the popular beginning of the feminist movement, women being half of the population and all. Bra burning was pretty shocking back then. And the political cowardice was overflowing

The RvW decision was based upon the argument that carrying a baby to term out of wedlock constituted such a burden of social stigma that it demands extending constitutional right of privacy to a pregnant belly. Today, hook up culture has whomever one is fornicating with flashing their junk at each other all over the Internet and bragging about their exploits all over the place and showing their new genital piercings. it all seems pretty silly.
Exes and Ohs, booty twerkin’ hoes. Privacy. Sure. lol

Overall I think you're right but I disagree with 4 & 9. Trump has definitely been weakened but I would never count the guy out. It will be critical for the GOP to convince Trump not to run for POTUS in 2024 while still getting him to rally in support of the candidate.

As for Biden running, unless he's completley incapcitated he will run. Biden is the democrats only option. They will drag him accros the finish line in the same way they pulled brain dmaaged Fetteran over the line.

Trump will be declaring his candidacy next week and could care less about anything but himself. Seven years into the Trump experience and you still don’t know this?

He also needs to declare asap because his legal issues are looming. Trump becomes more difficult to indict if he’s not just a former president but a current candidate. He’s basically trying to call the DOJ’s bluff.

Hilarious that some never show up all day after pasting and copying literally dozens of articles over the last few months bellowing about some Red Tsunami, but drag their drunk addicted to being internet trolls back later thinking their months long crowing will go unnoticed. Too many to name so i wont' say their names . But thier addiction to trolling and posting here got the best of them . All Day every day