PTC County

As far as Gilmour Academy to the PTC, from a football standpoint it makes sense, but would it work for the other sports?

And as far as Southeast's stands, how have they not been condemned yet? If they end up getting condemned like Waterloo, where would they end up playing their home games? Ravenna? Berlin Center Western Reserve? Rootstown even?

As far as Gilmour Academy to the PTC, from a football standpoint it makes sense, but would it work for the other sports?

And as far as Southeast's stands, how have they not been condemned yet? If they end up getting condemned like Waterloo, where would they end up playing their home games? Ravenna? Berlin Center Western Reserve? Rootstown even?
I bet Mogadore would let them play on their new turf field if they don’t have a home game that week.

It's wild to think that a small school league that has had so much success in football and basketball is falling apart. Everyone is looking for the better option instead of relying on tradition and self improvement. How do schools like Waterloo and Crestwood who are struggling to pass levies justify to their voter base these longer travel times and lack of tradition in new leagues? Is Waterloo winning any more football games than they did in the PTC? Is Crestwood legitimately leaving to accommodate their swim team, which comprises maybe 4-5 kids in their school? Why does a school that is struggling so bad financially and have a decreasing enrollment even offer a swim team?

Keep in mind this is all the effect of the Metro Supts. leaving in secrecy without giving anyone a notice or even having conversations.

It's wild to think that a small school league that has had so much success in football and basketball is falling apart. Everyone is looking for the better option instead of relying on tradition and self improvement. How do schools like Waterloo and Crestwood who are struggling to pass levies justify to their voter base these longer travel times and lack of tradition in new leagues? Is Waterloo winning any more football games than they did in the PTC? Is Crestwood legitimately leaving to accommodate their swim team, which comprises maybe 4-5 kids in their school? Why does a school that is struggling so bad financially and have a decreasing enrollment even offer a swim team?

Keep in mind this is all the effect of the Metro Supts. leaving in secrecy without giving anyone a notice or even having conversations.

Waterloo is winning more games in their new league. I mean I don' ever see them beating McDonald, Springfield, or Reserve but they are very competitive with Lowellville, Sebring, Ridge, and Milton. Here is there records the last three years of the PTC vs the first three in the MVAC.
PTC
2014: 2-8(1-6)
2015: 2-8(0-5)
2016: 2-8(0-5)
Totals: 6-24(1-16)
MVAC
2017: 4-6(3-4)
2018: 2-8(1-6)
2019: 3-7(3-4)
Totals: 9-21(7-14)

So 6 more league wins over three years. It appears they need to schedule better non conference and they might be able to go .500 or better in their new league. I never liked that Waterloo left and while the drive time is not great for the new league they are more competitive in football and I believe its been that way for them in all other sports as well.

Waterloo is winning more games in their new league. I mean I don' ever see them beating McDonald, Springfield, or Reserve but they are very competitive with Lowellville, Sebring, Ridge, and Milton. Here is there records the last three years of the PTC vs the first three in the MVAC.
PTC
2014: 2-8(1-6)
2015: 2-8(0-5)
2016: 2-8(0-5)
Totals: 6-24(1-16)
MVAC
2017: 4-6(3-4)
2018: 2-8(1-6)
2019: 3-7(3-4)
Totals: 9-21(7-14)

So 6 more league wins over three years. It appears they need to schedule better non conference and they might be able to go .500 or better in their new league. I never liked that Waterloo left and while the drive time is not great for the new league they are more competitive in football and I believe its been that way for them in all other sports as well.
Well of course they might win a few more games...Really Sebring, now there's a football power. And remember Waterloo is the largest school in their new league a D5 in a D6,7 league. But I guess if you can't beat Mogadore you bail. See basketball results. At least Rootstown went the get better route.

Rootstown football is going to have a bad year

Didnt field a JV, 7(ish) freshman on team last year. Lost QB to transfer (to new league member STA) Increase in strength of schedule.

Rootstown has been consistently good (back to back over Mogadore and a league title and playoff run) Will be a test of program strength too see if they can overcome these hurdles. Very strong youth program and good incoming freshman class will help them out.

He should. Rootstown HS doesn't have Edchoice. But he can say he was bullied or he moved or something.

EdChoice has absolutely nothing to do with being excepted from the transfer sit out rule. I don’t know but I assume he moved or is moving. I can’t see a QB who was already a starter transferring to sit out the second half of the season his senior year. My money would be on him playing the entire season. I would be very surprised if the family didn’t move. He does have one of the best receivers around to throw to next season so I hope he is working on his passing mechanics.

Last edited:
Aquinas is in Louisville not Ravenna, how does that make him eligible? I have no doubt that they'll figure out a way. He won sit his senior year.
If you move districts you can get the exception even with not going to school in the district moved to. The key is moving.

He claimed that Rootstown didn’t provide adequate educational benefits. Exemption was granted. He will play 10 games for STA next year.

Makes you wonder about the “move” then since it was established earlier that all he needed to do was move school districts to be eligible at St Thomas for all 10 games.

He claimed that Rootstown didn’t provide adequate educational benefits. Exemption was granted. He will play 10 games for STA next year.

I don’t see where in the Bylaws that is an exception, maybe the parents said that but it still looks like there had to be a bona fide move to a different district to be eligible the entire season.

I don’t see where in the Bylaws that is an exception, maybe the parents said that but it still looks like there had to be a bona fide move to a different district to be eligible the entire season.
I talked to a parent from rootstown. They told me that his family moved. I did watch him play 3 games this year. He is a load to take down. Field had no answer for him

To be fair, its just karma for Rootstown.

You know how many "transfers" they have had over the last decade just for wrestling?

Pretty much every good wrestler from Ravenna over the last decade "moved" to Rootstown before 9th grade.

Their youth and JH program is good NOW. But most of their stars over the last 10 years were transfers in, their youth and JH didn't get really good until after the HS was already good from transfers.

So sorry, I maybe wrong on this one, but I don't feel sorry for them losing their QB to a "move/transfer".

To be fair, its just karma for Rootstown.

You know how many "transfers" they have had over the last decade just for wrestling?

Pretty much every good wrestler from Ravenna over the last decade "moved" to Rootstown before 9th grade.

Their youth and JH program is good NOW. But most of their stars over the last 10 years were transfers in, their youth and JH didn't get really good until after the HS was already good from transfers.

So sorry, I maybe wrong on this one, but I don't feel sorry for them losing their QB to a "move/transfer".

The QB himself “moved” in from Ravenna as a freshman.

Fully agree. Rootstown has Mastered this exemption rule.

Also, do Private schools have a district you can move into?