Parkway Football Coach Resigns

It is going to be tough for Parkway to find a coach, New Bremen borders Marion Local school district and there is a lot of ex jocks from Marion Local, St. Henry that live in New Bremen school district, really not sure why the Cards struggled as much as they did in football from 05 till recently. Parkway does not seem to get (might be wrong) too many crossovers from other MAC schools, it is why I think if they want to keep the football program alive, they need to go to the NWC if they can because it is hard to compete in the MAC with roster nos. consistently below 40.

It is going to be tough for Parkway to find a coach, New Bremen borders Marion Local school district and there is a lot of ex jocks from Marion Local, St. Henry that live in New Bremen school district, really not sure why the Cards struggled as much as they did in football from 05 till recently. Parkway does not seem to get (might be wrong) too many crossovers from other MAC schools, it is why I think if they want to keep the football program alive, they need to go to the NWC if they can because it is hard to compete in the MAC with roster nos. consistently below 40.
boy , maybe they can recruit ALL those ex jocks from Steiner land to come in and get some of that southern Mercer county blood into that area, that should help build their program back up....

Applicants turn down jobs all the time. Not saying it happened in Parkway, but some coaches ask for unreasonable perks when offered a head coaching job.
And let's remember that a vast majority of these coaches are teachers first. If I'm in year 8 making $60,000 as a teacher/assistant at Coldwater, and Parkway is only going to give me up to year 5 making $52,000, is the head coaching job worth that $8,000/year loss? I just made those numbers up by the way.

And let's remember that a vast majority of these coaches are teachers first. If I'm in year 8 making $60,000 as a teacher/assistant at Coldwater, and Parkway is only going to give me up to year 5 making $52,000, is the head coaching job worth that $8,000/year loss? I just made those numbers up by the way.
It is not unreasonable to ask for 10 years of experience. That is the norm. Asking 100,000 and be the study hall monitor is unreasonable at a small school.

It is not unreasonable to ask for 10 years of experience. That is the norm. Asking 100,000 and be the study hall monitor is unreasonable at a small school.
Just curious if it was more for improvements or changes for the football program that they weren't willing to meet.

I agree with you 100%. It definitely goes both ways. Sure there's room for both sides to negotiate, but both sides have a number that is the minimum/maximum for them. I think some people just think that coaches apply, then decide that the program is too bad to take over.

I think everyone knows Parkway is BAD bad. The decision to turn down an offer probably had little to do with football.

I agree with you 100%. It definitely goes both ways. Sure there's room for both sides to negotiate, but both sides have a number that is the minimum/maximum for them. I think some people just think that coaches apply, then decide that the program is too bad to take over.

I think everyone knows Parkway is BAD bad. The decision to turn down an offer probably had little to do with football.
See I'm not so sure about that. I think it has a lot to do with football from what you said. Yes they have been bad, and I'm thinking (could be way off base) that they were looking at things to change the culture that may have involved $ or way things are currently done. I could see that being something that would be a sticking point with Rockford folks and these MAC assistants know they won't get a chance to succeed. Again that's purely speculation. Why leave success to know you will fail unless you wanted a quick pay increase for a couple years? These MAC assistants from winning cultures & competitive drive would certainly be thinking of turning the ship around & building a program for years to come. Can you imagine how it would be to bring the 1st state championship in football to Parkway and have all the MAC football schools having at least 1?

See I'm not so sure about that. I think it has a lot to do with football from what you said. Yes they have been bad, and I'm thinking (could be way off base) that they were looking at things to change the culture that may have involved $ or way things are currently done. I could see that being something that would be a sticking point with Rockford folks and these MAC assistants know they won't get a chance to succeed. Again that's purely speculation. Why leave success to know you will fail unless you wanted a quick pay increase for a couple years? These MAC assistants from winning cultures & competitive drive would certainly be thinking of turning the ship around & building a program for years to come. Can you imagine how it would be to bring the 1st state championship in football to Parkway and have all the MAC football schools having at least 1?
I agree with what you're saying. I guess I look at what I have in bold. To me, that's budget/finances (I know we're splitting hairs here). For example, you want to update the weight room; that doesn't have to do with purely football. To put it a different way; I'm speaking to the business side of the job rather than the coaching/sport side of it.

I'm hearing Parkway has somebody. The name I've been told would be a solid choice.
Good deal! I'm ready for Parkway to be competitive and make the playoffs. Same for Crestview and Wayne Trace. WT did make the playoffs last year but I'm meaning winning the GMC.

I may be playing Devil's Advocate here but maybe - just maybe - Parkway not jumping in bed with the 1st person to say "yes" is a good thing. Maybe taking their time and finding the right fit this time isn't a bad thing. As was noted already, Goodwin didn't take the Marion Local job until March 17th. NB was in a similar position back when they hired current coach Chris Schmidt. Bad bad football program that needed the right guy to get them out of it. I remember the questions about Schmidt, he wasn't exactly a proven winner. But the school and the coach felt like it was the right fit, it just took time for them both to find each other. That hire wasn't announced until May 13th. Not a typo - MAY. So let Parkway take their time and find the right guy. https://419sports.com/new-bremen-hires-chris-schmidt/