#PACtion™ 2024

Tell ya what. Let Fairless go. Let Manchester go.

Canton South, Northwest, Tuslaw, Orrville, Triway, Marlington, Minerva, Alliance. Boom. Pow. The new Pac-7(8)
Jim Carrey Goodbye GIF by Laff

Never hurts to take a phone call as that seems to be the move.
However I don't see anything shaking at this point because these "ideas" seem to be thrown together with school names

IF the CCC/STA combo is looking to join a league - then that should be the first phone call from the PAC if they lose another member.

easy peazy PACtion™

As you guys know, I contribute here now pretty much as an interested bystander. Beyond this fall, my interests will shift north and west.

But what I think what we're seeing here at this point is the tail (Fairless) wagging the dog (the rest of the PAC). They were reportedly vocal about their displeasure with being in the same conference as CVCA. If a story is repeated so many times, it becomes gospel. Unless someone here was in the room, this is pure speculation. But there's got to be some truth to it. They went to the East District and perhaps now they want out? Frankly, I've come to the conclusion of "Who can blame them?" Each school has a responsibility to proactively manage their own interests. It seems like the Falcons at least may have a plan.

Ultimately, CVCA decided to do what was in their best interest. Well, they were going to leave anyway, one might say. Perhaps. But I suspect the timeline was moved up.

What is the common denominator is all of this instability at the moment? This appears to be happening due to a great void in leadership. The commissioner appears to be running the conference in absentia. There has been no public statement in nearly 17 months, since this November 15, 2022 Canton Repository article, which stated the PAC was looking to add a single new member for the 2025-26 school year. This is before CVCA negotiated a departure a year early.

At that time, the Repository story stated:
"The PAC will be accepting letters of interest until the end of December. Presentations by interested schools will held at the end of January or early February. The conference hopes to act upon membership next spring."

"Interested parties should send a letter of interest to Gary Woods, Commissioner, 3685 Pinehurst Ave. NW, Massillon, Ohio, 44646 or e-mail: woods.g@sssnet.com."

We are now a year on from when the published timeline for the conference "to act upon membership." Looking back, that Repository article is almost humorous. I had a leader who would often say "Hope is not a strategy." Who puts their home address and email out for public consumption for something like this? It is looking more and more like the conference never had a plan.

So here we are, a year later, and there are daily rumors and speculations about conversations and tea leaves and such. The flavor of today is @Stizostedion's post that Manchester is looking elsewhere. Yesterday it was @ShootNation speculating that Manchester, Fairless and Tuslaw might branch off.

Everyone always said that Koach kept this league together. It's been a fun league with some great games, and it has survived and prospered for 35 years. But like any entity, if it is going to survive into the next generation, someone with some strong leadership skills better step up, because it sure feels like it is at risk of splintering at the moment.

As you guys know, I contribute here now pretty much as an interested bystander. Beyond this fall, my interests will shift north and west.

But what I think what we're seeing here at this point is the tail (Fairless) wagging the dog (the rest of the PAC). They were reportedly vocal about their displeasure with being in the same conference as CVCA. If a story is repeated so many times, it becomes gospel. Unless someone here was in the room, this is pure speculation. But there's got to be some truth to it. They went to the East District and perhaps now they want out? Frankly, I've come to the conclusion of "Who can blame them?" Each school has a responsibility to proactively manage their own interests. It seems like the Falcons at least may have a plan.

Ultimately, CVCA decided to do what was in their best interest. Well, they were going to leave anyway, one might say. Perhaps. But I suspect the timeline was moved up.

What is the common denominator is all of this instability at the moment? This appears to be happening due to a great void in leadership. The commissioner appears to be running the conference in absentia. There has been no public statement in nearly 17 months, since this November 15, 2022 Canton Repository article, which stated the PAC was looking to add a single new member for the 2025-26 school year. This is before CVCA negotiated a departure a year early.

We are now a year on from when the published timeline for the conference "to act upon membership." Looking back, that Repository article is almost humorous. I had a leader who would often say "Hope is not a strategy." Who puts their home address and email out for public consumption for something like this? It is looking more and more like the conference never had a plan.

So here we are, a year later, and there are daily rumors and speculations about conversations and tea leaves and such. The flavor of today is @Stizostedion's post that Manchester is looking elsewhere. Yesterday it was @ShootNation speculating that Manchester, Fairless and Tuslaw might branch off.

Everyone always said that Koach kept this league together. It's been a fun league with some great games, and it has survived and prospered for 35 years. But like any entity, if it is going to survive into the next generation, someone with some strong leadership skills better step up, because it sure feels like it is at risk of splintering at the moment.
Maybe Koach would be a great option for PAC commissioner when GW hangs it up?

someone with some strong leadership skills better step up, because it sure feels like it is at risk of splintering at the moment.
General Franco and his loyalists are gathering on a hill near Butterbridge Road. Help is coming.

1712246522894.png

What is the common denominator is all of this instability at the moment? This appears to be happening due to a great void in leadership. The commissioner appears to be running the conference in absentia.

No truth to the rumor that Wayland Gibbon's good friend Zelenskyyy has been running PACtion™ behind the scenes:

1712246886732.jpeg

In all seriousness, I might add that @cuyahogacuse is spot-on IMO and it should also be noted that PACtion™ Commissioner Gary Woods is a former Northwest AD.

All corruption in PACtion™ comes back to Crooked Canal Fulton. :ROFLMAO:

Does Woods at this point really have a burning passion to keep PACtion™ together?

General Franco and his loyalists are gathering on a hill near Butterbridge Road. Help is coming.

View attachment 56866

No truth to the rumor that Wayland Gibbon's good friend Zelenskyyy has been running PACtion™ behind the scenes:

View attachment 56867

In all seriousness, I might add that @cuyahogacuse is spot-on IMO and it should also be noted that PACtion™ Commissioner Gary Woods is a former Northwest AD.

All corruption in PACtion™ comes back to Crooked Canal Fulton. :ROFLMAO:

Does Woods at this point really have a burning passion to keep PACtion™ together?
Crooked Canal Fulton produced your shiny new coach there bucko.....which is good news, maybe someday when The Slaw grows up, it'll be just like it's Daddy Northwest.....😂😂😂

The constant talk of new leagues, schools changing leagues, etc, etc. is exhausting. I get it is the off-season, but man. From a geography and relative size standpoint, the remaining 7 members of the PAC have a great set up. Not sure why anyone would want to leave. Not saying the stuff about Fairless or Manchester can't be true, but I just don't get it.
truth preach GIF

The constant talk of new leagues, schools changing leagues, etc, etc. is exhausting. I get it is the off-season, but man. From a geography and relative size standpoint, the remaining 7 members of the PAC have a great set up. Not sure why anyone would want to leave. Not saying the stuff about Fairless or Manchester can't be true, but I just don't get it.
Wait a minute...wait a minute.....

I've got it on good authority that Canton South and Louisville are working the phones on a new league.

Crooked Canal Fulton produced your shiny new coach there bucko.....which is good news, maybe someday when The Slaw grows up, it'll be just like it's Daddy Northwest.....😂😂😂
Healing Studios on Locust Street was one of my favorite places in Canal Fulton. I mean when most of your females are right tackles originally from Barberton who beep when they back up, you've gotta bring in Healing Studios as a substitute.

"Pretty Professional Asian Acupressure with candles and soft music and Amazing Asian Services with table showers…"

Crooked!

Wait a minute...wait a minute.....

I've got it on good authority that Canton South and Louisville are working the phones on a new league.
you already missed april fools day - I have it on good authority that all those current and former NBC schools are still not interested in anything league wise with the leps

Healing Studios on Locust Street was one of my favorite places in Canal Fulton. I mean when most of your females are right tackles originally from Barberton who beep when they back up, you've gotta bring in Healing Studios as a substitute.

"Pretty Professional Asian Acupressure with candles and soft music and Amazing Asian Services with table showers…"

Crooked!
Ok jokes aside - have you checked out the new yoga studio in Canal Fulton? I've heard really good things!

Fair point.

PAC Game of the Year ... Part 6 is coming up. That should divert our collective attention for about 23 seconds.

Just my theory on all of the league talk, which leads to frustration from some:

The weather for the last couple of weeks has been dreary and depressing. People are staying inside and everyone's bored.

Major League Baseball used to get people excited at this time of year but that's become less and less of a thing. At least to me.

When college basketball ends, I'll be basically sportsless until football starts in August. Basketball's been pretty fun. I've enjoyed this weird and interesting NC State team and DJ Burns. I enjoyed watching Zach Edey and Purdue. I enjoyed watching the crosstown shootout in Cincy this season.

Bottom line....we're all bored, grouchy, and gloomy.

Last edited:
I just see how difficult it is to get 8 schools to agree on anything

now we are speculating on the possibility of 3 different leagues forming

That is a great amount of change just in NEO which leads me to doubting.

PACtion™ survives because when stuff goes to the BOE - with some of the ideas floated - increase in travel - leaving natural rivalries.....some hard NO's are going to follow

Here we go again. Manchester and Mogadore are talking informally with a few Portage and Stark County schools to gauge interest in forming a new league. Manchester must not like the way the PAC is going because CCC was one of the schools involved in these discussions and we all know how Manchester has felt about parochials in the past. I am also hearing the usual suspects like Rootstown, STA, and Waterloo, and this time Garrettsville and Crestwood.
This is absolutely inaccurate. CVCA's very existence in the PAC is due to Koach France. CVCA had been on the chopping block since the time the were admitted and Koach is the reason why they were allowed to stay. This fact is irrefutable to anyone who knows anything about the subject. It isn't a coincidence that when Koach retired the push to get CVCA out gained traction. The plans for CVCA to leave on its own were already in motion but the voices from Fairless/Tuslaw contingent moved it up. There may be some Panther faithful that didn't like CVCA being in the league but it wasn't the most important Panther.

I just see how difficult it is to get 8 schools to agree on anything

now we are speculating on the possibility of 3 different leagues forming

That is a great amount of change just in NEO which leads me to doubting.

PACtion™ survives because when stuff goes to the BOE - with some of the ideas floated - increase in travel - leaving natural rivalries.....some hard NO's are going to follow
I gave this comment a love because it's right. How can any sane board member go for some of these ideas? How could a Fairless board member, hypothetically, go along with bus trips an hour away to Coshocton on a winter night? At least going north to Akron you'll have more traffic, and thus, a better chance of clean roads on a winter night.

also factor in - will the parents be for it? whatever is being proposed. Not that the parents get a say, however they all have phones and if they are not in agreement then we all know there will be calls and those "excuse me, can we speak for a moment" when they see their fav BOE member at the store, at a game, walking in the park, you get the idea

especially when the smaller schools are winning league titles in other sports......

PACtion™ prevails

I gave this comment a love because it's right. How can any sane board member go for some of these ideas? How could a Fairless board member, hypothetically, go along with bus trips an hour away to Coshocton on a winter night? At least going north to Akron you'll have more traffic, and thus, a better chance of clean roads on a winter night.
Growing up in Harville don't underestimate horse turds used as a snow traction device for your all black with no radio horseless carriage!

Last edited:
also factor in - will the parents be for it? whatever is being proposed. Not that the parents get a say, however they all have phones and if they are not in agreement then we all know there will be calls and those "excuse me, can we speak for a moment" when they see their fav BOE member at the store, at a game, walking in the park, you get the idea

especially when the smaller schools are winning league titles in other sports......

PACtion™ prevails
This is also correct.

I know some REALLY have love for the old Senate League but I can tell you 100% not one Tuslaw athlete wanted to ride on a bus to Carrollton, Minerva, Claymont, or Indian Valley back in my day (well, they were a non-league game before they joined PACtion™) and we much preferred trips to Manchester, Coventry, Wayne County, Northwest or Fairless. It's common sense.

This is also correct.

I know some REALLY have love for the old Senate League but I can tell you 100% not one Tuslaw athlete wanted to ride on a bus to Carrollton, Minerva, Claymont, or Indian Valley back in my day (well, they were a non-league game before they joined PACtion™) and we much preferred trips to Manchester, Coventry, Wayne County, Northwest or Fairless. It's common sense.
I REALLY have love for the old old Senate League...before Carrollton, Minerva, and Claymont! Tusky Valley with no lights was awesome!

Maybe Koach would be a great option for PAC commissioner when GW hangs it up?
I think Koach would be a great choice but I don't see that happening.

I'll give you another name, only my thought on who would do a great job. No, I haven't heard anything nor have I talked to this person, so bury that.

I'd ask Doc Robinson from Manchester to take on the Commissioner job. He's a retired Manchester Superintendent that came back to fill in at Manchester at the same position on an interim basis, should wrap up this summer. He's been a wrestling head coach and as the Defensive Coordinator he is THE guy that perfected the Manchester defense that you guys have been reading about in @cuyahogacuse's weekly series. He knows how it all works and would be a great leader. Note to Gary Woods - get it done.