#PACtion™ 2024

Where would Triway go especially with the WCAL door closed seemingly forever? I'd hope they'd stick with the "core."

Their other option could be the KMAC?

You talk about travel for them, although their neighbor Loudonville is in the KMAC.**

**KMAC is not a country music radio station in Kansas. It's the Knox Morrow Athletic Conference for those who have lived deprived lives not knowing who the KMAC is.
I have been to Knox Community Hospital......I was better off not knowing...lol

For the future security of the league the best possible scenario is that with CVCA gone Fairless going to the IVC alone. All other scenarios I can envision end up with Manchester, Tuslaw, and Fairless forming a core that starts a new league and leaves Northwest, Canton South, and Orrville out in the cold
I do not seeing that happening. It will just look like a smaller Fed. Close schools for all the other sports so they do not have to travel. That is the one thing about the Fed and Lake......not counting Green...Lake has played 3 games outside of Stark County in the last three years, two of which were playoff games.....travel costs are minimal...arriving home at a decent hour during the week...I see Northwest as the big school of the league

1712159315693.png

For the future security of the league the best possible scenario is that with CVCA gone Fairless going to the IVC alone. All other scenarios I can envision end up with Manchester, Tuslaw, and Fairless forming a core that starts a new league and leaves Northwest, Canton South, and Orrville out in the cold
Quoting Ricky Bobby here (“I said ‘with all due respect’ that means I can say anything I want”) what kind of “core” is Manchester, Tuslaw & Fairless? Is the application for membership to that league going to include the question “how far off 93 aid your school?”

NW is a victim of their size and location, too small to go with the bigger area schools and too far away from them to go to a bigger conference. Ironically they fit nearly perfectly in the EBC but with 55 minute bus trips to Salem on the line and 65 minute trips to Carrollton that isn't something many ADs are chomping at the bit to go after even if it is the best option competitively. At the same time the smaller schools know that without an invite from the IVC or WCAL they don't have anywhere to go other than independence which is a choice nobody is going to make. The PAC-7 has very much become a conference made up of teams joined together because they have nowhere else to go
This:

I do not seeing that happening. It will just look like a smaller Fed. Close schools for all the other sports so they do not have to travel. That is the one thing about the Fed and Lake......not counting Green...Lake has played 3 games outside of Stark County in the last three years, two of which were playoff games.....travel costs are minimal...arriving home at a decent hour during the week...I see Northwest as the big school of the league
Yep. Have said it more times than I can count, but our football focus on here can cloud our ability to see clearly.

That said, if someone were to leave the post-CVCA PAC and increase their travel costs . . . it sound so illogical that I’d assutheyd have some type of Carrollton connection.

Quoting Ricky Bobby here (“I said ‘with all due respect’ that means I can say anything I want”) what kind of “core” is Manchester, Tuslaw & Fairless? Is the application for membership to that league going to include the question “how far off 93 aid your school?”
Let's say it's accurate that Garaway and Fairless are working together to find schools to create a new league. What an angering situation that Fairless isn't working instead to bring Garaway into PACtion as school #8.

Based on the proposal that was floated here yesterday how does putting kids on a bus for more than an hour through windy Coshocton and Tuscarawas County roads benefit Fairless student athletes? You want to take a school bus to Coshocton, Riverview or Ridgewood on a winter Tuesday night?

It's mind numbingly dumm to me if this is true. I hope it isn't.

Easy pal.......Northwest is far from anything close to Barbertucky. You want to talk about our Manchester transfers, ok.....but I'm drawing the line when you start talking Barberton...
If you want to up your sausage or chicken game, then you embrace Barberton. A pound of Slovenian or Slovak from Al's and a regular dinner from White House and you're golden. Encourage the migration as long as they bring their hallmark cuisine.
al's.jpg

If you want to up your sausage or chicken game, then you embrace Barberton. A pound of Slovenian or Slovak from Al's and a regular dinner from White House and you're golden. Encourage the migration as long as they bring their hallmark cuisine.View attachment 56814
The cuisine is GREAT! But it doesn't make the women hot nor do they tend to have free beach houses unless it's Luna Lake.

Where would Triway go especially with the WCAL door closed seemingly forever? I'd hope they'd stick with the "core."

Their other option could be the KMAC?

You talk about travel for them, although their neighbor Loudonville is in the KMAC.**

**KMAC is not a country music radio station in Kansas. It's the Knox Morrow Athletic Conference for those who have lived deprived lives not knowing who the KMAC is.
I cannot speak for those who make these decisions in regards to the direction and vision of the athletic department, but... this would never happen.

There are two schools who nobody really discusses when league movement is the topic. West Branch and Salem....what happens if they decide to leave the EBC for a league in Mahoning County? Looking at the possible addition of Warren Howland maybe a way for Alliance and Marlington not to be without a league, making Salem happy...I see Carrollton and Minerva being a package deal...to the PAC if there is a change

There are two schools who nobody really discusses when league movement is the topic. West Branch and Salem....what happens if they decide to leave the EBC for a league in Mahoning County? Looking at the possible addition of Warren Howland maybe a way for Alliance and Marlington not to be without a league, making Salem happy...I see Carrollton and Minerva being a package deal...to the PAC if there is a change
I see Carrollton and Minerva being a package deal

I see that as a Package of Woe.

Northwest's status outside of the PAC doesn't matter to the smaller schools, they're a population and geographic outlier in the area. Their only hope is the Metro of the PAC collapses and that's not as natural of a fit as some on here think. As far as other sports travel go, building a league with Fairless, Manchester, Tuslaw, Coventry, East Canton, and Springfield (this league won't happen) doesn't drastically alter transport budgets for those schools. But more importantly, you are drastically discounting the allure of being in a league where you feel like you can compete for championships every single season. There's a reason the small guys are one foot out the door right now

The EBC is a similar league to the PAC in the sense that they don't have anywhere else natural to go if that league fails. And similar to the PAC cutting out CVCA the EBC losing Canton South likely only aided the stability of the league for the time being

The EBC is a similar league to the PAC in the sense that they don't have anywhere else natural to go if that league fails. And similar to the PAC cutting out CVCA the EBC losing Canton South likely only aided the stability of the league for the time being
to this I agree - a 6 team league is viable - only weeks 4 & 5 in football represents the work for an AD
It is funny how in all other sports everyone is playing quite a bit of in county schools already. I have never heard of anyone not getting baseball games out of conference and taking a bye.....or basketball.......or track/cross , I think you get the point.

So a 6 team league makes the ADs work for two games, and in most cases - if the AD turns to the football coach and says do you have any games lined up those weeks with a school you want to play, I would bet more times than not, the coach will have some in mind and would prefer having a say in the matter. Lets say the PAC does slip to 6 schools - don't panic - there are schools to the east (EBC) and south (IVC) that are actively looking for weeks 4 & 5 in football - so it could all be a moot point.

But more importantly, you are drastically discounting the allure of being in a league where you feel like you can compete for championships every single season. There's a reason the small guys are one foot out the door right now
1. Here's the list of titles won in last full year of PAC seasons by the "small guys": Baseball, Softball, Golf, Boys Soccer, Girls Soccer, Volleyball, Girls Basketball.
2. List of titles not mentioned above or won by CVCA (ie "Big guys"): Football, Wrestling

Yeah, PACtion2024™ is definitely a place that only 1 or 2 schools can win.

PS - kudos for winning "first and only use of 'allure' on a thread about high school football". Does your hardware gas station have a beauty products section that you could mount the plaque in?

Last edited:
1. Here's the list of titles won in last full year of PAC seasons by the "small guys": Baseball, Softball, Golf, Boys Soccer, Girls Soccer, Volleyball, Girls Basketball.
2. List of titles not mentioned above or won by CVCA (ie "Big guys"): Football, Wrestling

PS - kudos for winning "first and only use of 'allure' on a thread about high school football". Does your hardware gas station have a beauty products section that you could mount it in?

Wait! CVCA won the PAC in Football and Wrestling in the last year? Those titles must be with the PAC Boys Basketball Player and Coach of the Year Awards.

Where Is It Paramount Network GIF by Yellowstone

Wait! CVCA won the PAC in Football and Wrestling in the last year? Those titles must be with the PAC Boys Basketball Player and Coach of the Year Awards.

Where Is It Paramount Network GIF by Yellowstone
Sorry, not near wordsmith you are. Meant that those were the only 2 league crowns not won by a “little guy” or CVCA.

Bottom line, the “we can’t compete” argument is fun to use but complete fiction.

PS- you send me the awards you want and I’ll have them made up. Mrs has on of them Kricket machines can make anything. ;)

Sorry, not near wordsmith you are. Meant that those were the only 2 league crowns not won by a “little guy” or CVCA.

Bottom line, the “we can’t compete” argument is fun to use but complete fiction.

PS- you send me the awards you want and I’ll have them made up. Mrs has on of them Kricket machines can make anything. ;)
I think the First Team All-State, District Player of the Year and District Co-Coach of the Year accolades made up for the PAC “oversight.”

Think this is a secret, just unearthed video of the PAC Leadership after basketball season.

season 6 episode 23 GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

PS - kudos for winning "first and only use of 'allure' on a thread about high school football". Does your hardware gas station have a beauty products section that you could mount it in?
Is "allure" really that fancy of a word on the reservation? In reality the perceived parity of the league is a case you could make but the dubious "All-Sports" trophy would say it's not actually there.

2024 (right now)- Fairless, Manchester, Tuslaw (3 of the bottom 4)

2023- Fairless, Manchester, Tuslaw (3 of the bottom 4)

2022- Fairless, Manchester, Tuslaw (3 of the bottom 4)

2021- Fairless, Manchester, Tuslaw (3 of the bottom 4)

2020- COVID

2019- Fairless, Manchester, Tuslaw (3 of the bottom 4)

2018- Fairless, Manchester, Tuslaw (3 of the bottom 4)

Is "allure" really that fancy of a word on the reservation? In reality the perceived parity of the league is a case you could make but the dubious "All-Sports" trophy would say it's not actually there.

2024 (right now)- Fairless, Manchester, Tuslaw (3 of the bottom 4)

2023- Fairless, Manchester, Tuslaw (3 of the bottom 4)

2022- Fairless, Manchester, Tuslaw (3 of the bottom 4)

2021- Fairless, Manchester, Tuslaw (3 of the bottom 4)

2020- COVID

2019- Fairless, Manchester, Tuslaw (3 of the bottom 4)

2018- Fairless, Manchester, Tuslaw (3 of the bottom 4)
All-sports, schmal-sports. That’s something ADs & principals put on their resume. Otherwise doesn’t mean a lick.

Now if you said Fairless wanted to leave because they don’t even field teams in some sports and know they never will - that’s an a point that carries some water.

All-sports, schmal-sports. That’s something ADs & principals put on their resume. Otherwise doesn’t mean a lick.

Now if you said Fairless wanted to leave because they don’t even field teams in some sports and know they never will - that’s an a point that carries some water.
I think Tuslaw and Manchester are likely along the same line of thinking, we'll have to see though

Here we go again. Manchester and Mogadore are talking informally with a few Portage and Stark County schools to gauge interest in forming a new league. Manchester must not like the way the PAC is going because CCC was one of the schools involved in these discussions and we all know how Manchester has felt about parochials in the past. I am also hearing the usual suspects like Rootstown, STA, and Waterloo, and this time Garrettsville and Crestwood.

Here we go again. Manchester and Mogadore are talking informally with a few Portage and Stark County schools to gauge interest in forming a new league. Manchester must not like the way the PAC is going because CCC was one of the schools involved in these discussions and we all know how Manchester has felt about parochials in the past. I am also hearing the usual suspects like Rootstown, STA, and Waterloo, and this time Garrettsville and Crestwood.
Hip Hop Television GIF by WE tv