Pac 2019

How many different kids snapped the ball on Friday. Someone was telling me they used 3 centers?
Two. The first team center went out with an injury. The second team center is currently benched for some reason. The third team center played. He had a similar issue with bad snaps in the Ellet scrimmage. YG was correct, losing 12 to 15 yards on about 10 bad snaps cost Manchester yardage and field position. There was also one ridiculous penalty that negated a long Manchester gain and stopped a promising drive. I was always coached that once the play is past you, stop actively blocking, and certainly don't hold! There was a hold on the play after the ball carrier had moved past that spot on the field.

Two. The first team center went out with an injury. The second team center is currently benched for some reason. The third team center played. He had a similar issue with bad snaps in the Ellet scrimmage. YG was correct, losing 12 to 15 yards on about 10 bad snaps cost Manchester yardage and field position. There was also one ridiculous penalty that negated a long Manchester gain and stopped a promising drive. I was always coached that once the play is past you, stop actively blocking, and certainly don't hold! There was a hold on the play after the ball carrier had moved past that spot on the field.

That sounds weird, usually officials won't call a hold of it's not at the point of attack is away from the action. I bet they warned the player numerous times before throwing the flag.

How’s that old mantra go - “it ain’t about you” or something like that. With a kid like Wright you don’t need to hold, just redirect & let him make the move. Watching Parks & Tucker last year you could see no one was going to kill blocks, just trying to give them space to take advantage of.... and boy could they ever.

That sounds weird, usually officials won't call a hold of it's not at the point of attack is away from the action. I bet they warned the player numerous times before throwing the flag.
It was an issue last year, too. My thinking is that it's on the radar, they've been warned, and now they're bird-dogging it.

How’s that old mantra go - “it ain’t about you” or something like that. With a kid like Wright you don’t need to hold, just redirect & let him make the move. Watching Parks & Tucker last year you could see no one was going to kill blocks, just trying to give them space to take advantage of.... and boy could they ever.
True, though it wasn't Wright with the ball on this particular play. Still, the principle should apply.

Manchester is in deep trouble. I can't remember the last time I have seen this much unrest and criticism outside AND inside the ranks,

Triway 43 Smithville 14
Northwest 34 Canton South 14
Fairless 34 Tusky Valley 21
Loudonville 21 Danville 6
Tuslaw 18 West Holmes 17
Aurora 14 CVCA 7
Indian Valley 42 Manchester 14
Orrville 54 Akron North 7

CVCA shut Aurora out after falling behind on an opening K/O return and a TD that CVCA gave up on a 4th down play. After that they got after Aurora the rest of the night.
123, wow, 7-1 was so close. How ironic about the KO, because I can remember them being very careful with their KO's to Manchester the last 2 years.

Manchester gang - what's the feelings on Friday? Independence is smaller, but they haven't lost to a non-playoff team since AUG 2017.

Manchester gang - what's the feelings on Friday? Independence is smaller, but they haven't lost to a non-playoff team since AUG 2017.
ray, smaller? Really? Don't know much about them. I think they are 2-0, correct? Manchester is tough to beat at home. That being said, I'm not so sure that they have started to solve their issues. Gotta go with them though.

Yeah, D7. They're 2-0, but both wins over 0-2 teams. Was surprised to see them get on your schedule. A win's a win, except when you try to make D5 playoffs with non-league games again D6 & D7 schools.

Yeah, D7. They're 2-0, but both wins over 0-2 teams. Was surprised to see them get on your schedule. A win's a win, except when you try to make D5 playoffs with non-league games again D6 & D7 schools.
ray, misunderstood your "smaller" statement. I thought you meant in size of players, not division. all I can say is that regardless of division, it will be better to be 2-1 than 1-2.

Independence is really good. They will give the Panthers all they can handle this week. Don't be surprised if they win this game.

I heard Manchester went away from Wright at QB after the First Quarter, and that the running game flourished. Any truth to that?

I heard Manchester went away from Wright at QB after the First Quarter, and that the running game flourished. Any truth to that?
TC, not sure which quarter it was. It made little difference because Independence was not very good. That being said, they would be much better off with Duckett at QB.

Heading into first week of league play the PAC is 17-7. Not bad.
1) Are Northwest & Triway for real or just taking advantage of schedule?
2) Same ? for Orrville (opponents combined for 1 total win).
3) Manchester & CVCA starting league play with same record as they did in '18.
4) Fairless & Tuslaw both 2-1. Which one holds it together?
5) How many league teams make playoffs?

1) I believe NW is for real however that OOC schedule was really weak. Triway has a few guys that can beat you and a scrappy QB.
2) Orville is still really good. They do need to find a better week 2 game next year. Starting off with Wooster though says something.
3) Manchester doing Manchester type things, always ready by week 4, Did anyone play a tougher OOC than the Royals. Combined record of 7-2 nearly beating D3 Aurora and then spanking a 2-0 Revere team with a huge offensive line lead by a TOSU recruit.?
4) Fairless and Tuslaw played a little bit better than the teams they beat. They don't have the speed to compete with Orville, CVCA, NW and Manchester.
5) You didn't mention Loudenville who I believe is better than Tuslaw and Fairless and will make the playoffs.

1) I believe NW is for real however that OOC schedule was really weak. Triway has a few guys that can beat you and a scrappy QB.
2) Orville is still really good. They do need to find a better week 2 game next year. Starting off with Wooster though says something.
3) Manchester doing Manchester type things, always ready by week 4, Did anyone play a tougher OOC than the Royals. Combined record of 7-2 nearly beating D3 Aurora and then spanking a 2-0 Revere team with a huge offensive line lead by a TOSU recruit.?
4) Fairless and Tuslaw played a little bit better than the teams they beat. They don't have the speed to compete with Orville, CVCA, NW and Manchester.
5) You didn't mention Loudenville who I believe is better than Tuslaw and Fairless and will make the playoffs.
Apologies to the Redbirds. As only D6 team in league they should have a great shot at playoffs every year. Triway & Fairless joining NW & CVCA as D4 schools is great for everyone (except them!)

Haven't seen all the teams play yet, but PAC has a glut of Jr QBs this year - Durbin (TRI), Mick (NW), Bevington (CVCA), Haley (ORR), Brindley (Fairless), Huffman (Loudonville). Not sure who's taking snaps at Manchester & Cordiero at Tuslaw is a Sr, but everyone of them but Huffman started/ played full games last year and it shows Bodes well for this season & next for a good league.