Pac 2019

sounds like a good pick up!
You never know, the kid could have really matured from Sophomore year to Junior year and could make a huge jump this year and be exactly what the Panthers need, it's just unfair to put super lofty expectations on both the kids and the new coaches in year 1 during a pandemic because of a single transfer student

how many teams did Northwest beat with a winning record last year? Cant see them being a contender after seeing some of there scores. Didnt they lose to the top 3 teams pretty bad
Can't believe the NW faithful have been so quiet about this comment from late last week.

In all seriousness, with the rash of name-changes & them getting a new coach, you would have to assume they are dropping the "AHIGA" catch phrase, right?

Can't believe the NW faithful have been so quiet about this comment from late last week.

In all seriousness, with the rash of name-changes & them getting a new coach, you would have to assume they are dropping the "AHIGA" catch phrase, right?

Most NW fans are fair weather cry babies complaining about play calling, coaching and why little timmy isnt playing varsity and should be because he is now a junior.... Totally different culture compared 15 years ago.

I think NW should compete, I see them no worse then 7-3 possibly 8-2/9-1. For as much "dysfunction" everyone claims they had last year they were still 7-3 and a pretty solid football team. They just dropped an egg @ Manchester and you panther faithful ran with the "AHIGA DONUT" which was deserving.

Answering Doylestown's finest question.
They did beat Triway (6-4) last year 49-18

Year prior they did beat Manchester (9-4) 14-12

Most NW fans are fair weather cry babies complaining about play calling, coaching and why little timmy isnt playing varsity and should be because he is now a junior.... Totally different culture compared 15 years ago.

I think NW should compete, I see them no worse then 7-3 possibly 8-2/9-1. For as much "dysfunction" everyone claims they had last year they were still 7-3 and a pretty solid football team. They just dropped an egg @ Manchester and you panther faithful ran with the "AHIGA DONUT" which was deserving.

Well said. Did find it ironic that a guy with the WCAL’s only football state title, ever, was not good e

But while I have a ton of respect for their program, I am not a Manchester fan. I firmly believe the Koach getting D5 COY last year was a joke considering the other candidates & he finished second in the PAC.

Well said. Did find it ironic that a guy with the WCAL’s only football state title, ever, was not good e

But while I have a ton of respect for their program, I am not a Manchester fan. I firmly believe the Koach getting D5 COY last year was a joke considering the other candidates & he finished second in the PAC.
ray, I agree, but no surprise. He did lose a ton of talent and had a young team. And, they did make some changes and rebounded nicely. And, as always, the HC gets all the credit for the work of the staff.

Going on a decade without being in the playoffs but the parents in the community feel entitled to success because kids in their 20s and 30s now did the hard work while their kids were still playing flag football. Scott Webber ain't walking through those doors, CJ Law ain't walking through those doors, Seth Miracle ain't kicking a game winner for you...... But in all seriousness they should make the playoffs this year and hopefully it's a start to another great decade of football for the kids there

ray, I agree, but no surprise. He did lose a ton of talent and had a young team. And, they did make some changes and rebounded nicely. And, as always, the HC gets all the credit for the work of the staff.
Scott Webber ain't walking through those doors
YG - True. Know a few folks in Ridgewood who were incredulous that after finally getting a 10-0 season their guy didn't get it, but after word got out as long as they had a winning record Koach was going to get it.
Shoot - Weber? Now that's a name from the archives. There's some 30 year old guys out there who still get cold sweats thinking about trying to tackle him.

YG - True. Know a few folks in Ridgewood who were incredulous that after finally getting a 10-0 season their guy didn't get it, but after word got out as long as they had a winning record Koach was going to get it.
Shoot - Weber? Now that's a name from the archives. There's some 30 year old guys out there who still get cold sweats thinking about trying to tackle him.
Butzer, Webber, Bach, Beers.... There was a run there where you could bet your last dollar one of the top RBs in the region would be wearing a Northwest uniform

Going on a decade without being in the playoffs but the parents in the community feel entitled to success because kids in their 20s and 30s now did the hard work while their kids were still playing flag football. Scott Webber ain't walking through those doors, CJ Law ain't walking through those doors, Seth Miracle ain't kicking a game winner for you...... But in all seriousness they should make the playoffs this year and hopefully it's a start to another great decade of football for the kids there

Well said, the people that didn’t win anything walk around with severe lat syndrome because they were in youth football at the time and they just assume they were apart of the great whiting teams.

I’ll always support NW. My kids graduated from there, Along with youngest still in school. my oldest now coaches at another stark county school, I’ll always support the hometown team but let’s just say the past 5 years I’ve been disgusted with the Northwest Local School District. Parents have the school board and admin by the pants and it’s disgusting

Well said, the people that didn’t win anything walk around with severe lat syndrome because they were in youth football at the time and they just assume they were apart of the great whiting teams.

I’ll always support NW. My kids graduated from there, Along with youngest still in school. my oldest now coaches at another stark county school, I’ll always support the hometown team but let’s just say the past 5 years I’ve been disgusted with the Northwest Local School District. Parents have the school board and admin by the pants and it’s disgusting

It's also a weird time for the district, the CF lifers who were apart of the abysmal NW teams in the late 80s and 90s have their kids in school now. Those parents lucked into having their kids play youth ball in a program that had a great reputation so they felt they could walk around with their chests puffed out and their kids would just get good by osmosis. What they missed was that the the youth program structure wasn't the same quality it was when guys like Robb, Stover, Stacy, Shiplett, Pawlyk, Jones, etc went through it and with Whiting gone before their kids got into the JH program there wasn't something to correct the course and help their development. For all of Vic's shortcomings he had a great weight room culture, utilized his guys to the best of their abilities, and put together incredibly efficient offenses that could put up points at will. Now, had the parents of these kids gone through that system they would have known what it takes to be a great team but they didn't so rather than buy in with what the new coaches were bringing to the table they complained and pointed fingers when things started to head south. They just thought/think well our kids should win because we're Northwest even though the Northwest they were apart of were perennial losers

Orrville still looking for a week 2 opponent. Akron North backed out and Norwayne said yes then no.

Pre-conference is Wooster in week 1 and West Holmes in week 3.

I think the week 9 PAC opponents shuffle up to week 4 starting this year....so for Orrville that means Fairless in week 4 & everyone else bumps down a week from 2018's league slate.
Orville have any up and coming talent to keep a eye on? Names or positions.

It will be interesting to see if Manchester can pull of what CVCA did last year. CVCA lost 2 Division 1 football players and 2 Division 1 wrestling kids who also were very talented in football and 2 All State Lacrosse players in 2018 and came back in 2019 with some kids know one really knew much about and earned the programs first playoff home game and first playoff win. To me, that shows that the pieces are all coming together in a program. It wasn't long ago the CVCA went 1-19 over 2 years and interest in the program was on life support. Coach Larlham brought life to the program and despite graduating some more very talented kids from the 2019 team appears to be a contender for the PAC championship if 2020 happens. If Koach was still there I wouldn't bet against him hey I know that much.
Being a private school are tHey likely to play if Dewine gives the ok. Some schools may not.

Orville have any up and coming talent to keep a eye on? Names or positions.
Will defer to the Orrville posters, but they seem to be on the end of this great run. If Parks stays that changes everything because it's easier for kids to develop with that kind of talent. Otherwise, I think their LB & DT (tiny wild man) were the only all district kids coming back and they are both seniors.

Are there any PAC schools who have been impacted by schools postponing fall sports?
Have not heard anything official yet. Appears Manchester & CVCA would be most "at risk" due to Summit Co Health Dept's recommendation, but time will tell. Can't see anyone in Stark Co voluntarily stopping athletics & most of Wayne Co is shaking their head at Wooster for postponing until 10/1.

Ok, PAC gang, do all teams agree to just play weeks 5 - 10? Will anyone be willing to flip games so each school has 3 home 3 away? Looks like schedule works out for that for everyone except CVCA (4 home games in last 6) and Tuslaw (2 home games in last 6).