Pac 2019

Gollum-Ring.jpg

I was able to make the Manchester vs Ellet scrimmage and I came away unimpressed. I only heard about the Springfield scrimmage and what I heard repeated itself in this scrimmage. Manchester is going to be hard pressed to make the playoffs, let alone win the PAC. After the first possession, Ellet was able to shut down the Manchester very predictable offense. Manchester's defense had trouble stopping the running game on their own right side. Ellet is not very good. Wright is NOT a QB. I don't understand what the thinking is there. They have a guy back who can throw the ball better than Wright. I know nothing about Columbiana, but it is going to be a battle for Manchester unless some changes are made next week.

Week one match up’s who did you have?
CVCA at VASJ
Columbiana at Manchester
Triway at Smithville
Dalton at Tuslaw
Wooster at Orville
Sandy Valley at Fairless
Claymont at Northwest
Crestview at Loudonville

CVCA at VASJ
Columbiana at Manchester
Triway at Smithville
Dalton at Tuslaw
Wooster at Orville
Sandy Valley at Fairless
Claymont at Northwest
Crestview at Loudonville
CVCA
Manchester
Triway
Dalton
Orville
Sandy Valley
Northwest
Loudonville

CVCA at VASJ
Columbiana at Manchester
Triway at Smithville
Dalton at Tuslaw
Wooster at Orville
Sandy Valley at Fairless
Claymont at Northwest
Crestview at Loudonville
Triway plays at West Holmes. We play Smithville during Week 2.

CVCA at VASJ
Columbiana at Manchester
Triway at Smithville
Dalton at Tuslaw
Wooster at Orville
Sandy Valley at Fairless
Claymont at Northwest
Crestview at Loudonville

CVCA
Manchester
Triway
Tuslaw
Orrville
Fairless
Northwest
Loudonville

CVCA at VASJ
Columbiana at Manchester
Triway at Smithville
Dalton at Tuslaw
Wooster at Orville
Sandy Valley at Fairless
Claymont at Northwest
Crestview at Loudonville
Don't know anything about Columbiana, so I'm taking my Panthers.
CVCA
Triway
Dalton
Orrville
SV
Claymont
Crestview

CVCA at VASJ
Columbiana at Manchester
Triway at Smithville
Dalton at Tuslaw
Wooster at Orville
Sandy Valley at Fairless
Claymont at Northwest
Crestview at Loudonville

Cvca +3
Manchester +4
West Holmes +17. This game could be 5 hours long with neither team bringing a defense.
Tuslaw +7
Wooster +3
NW +14
Loudonville +2

It’s only a matter of time where Jim France takes the headset away from his son and goes back to the fullhouse T backfield set.

Friday final scores:
West Holmes 31 Triway 24
Orrville 39 Wooster 27
Northwest 48 Claymont 13
Manchester 21 Columbiana 17
CVCA 28 VASJ 25
Crestview 9 Loudonville 7
Dalton 48 Tuslaw 21

Week Two: Who do you like?
CVCA vs Aurora
Manchester @ Indian Valley
Northwest @ Canton South
Loudonville vs Danville
Tuslaw vs West Holmes
Fairless @ Tusky Valley
Triway @ Smithville
Orrville vs North

Aurora
Manchester
Northwest
Loudonville
West Holmes
Tusky Valley
Triway
Orrville

Did anyone play Friday night?
I don't think people care as much and care even less to say anything on a HS sports forum. It's the same 6 or 7 posters for this forum. I believe I'm the only WCAL poster. So I follow this thread because the teams mix it up a little. It is very boring lately. A lot of negative things if you're into that though.

Week Two: Who do you like?
CVCA vs Aurora
Manchester @ Indian Valley
Northwest @ Canton South
Loudonville vs Danville
Tuslaw vs West Holmes
Fairless @ Tusky Valley
Triway @ Smithville
Orrville vs North

Aurora +10
Indian Valley +6
Northwest +10
West Holmes +28
Fairless +1
Triway +7
Orrville +42

I don't think people care as much and care even less to say anything on a HS sports forum. It's the same 6 or 7 posters for this forum. I believe I'm the only WCAL poster. So I follow this thread because the teams mix it up a little. It is very boring lately. A lot of negative things if you're into that though.
Not sure how you can attribute how much folks "care" to lack of comments on Week 1 games that fall on Labor Day weekend. Besides, if you look around, every forum is the same group of folks with others that jump in.
Come back after Triway upsets CVCA (?!?) or the Mick v Parks matchup (Northwest - Orrville) and see if there's not some more juice.

Unless the Offense makes some appreciable improvement this week, the Panthers are going down. However, props to the Defense for shutting down a very efficient Columbiana offense in the 2nd half. They also better start fielding punts to get better field position. I have no idea why the returners let the ball roll back.

Unless the Offense makes some appreciable improvement this week, the Panthers are going down. However, props to the Defense for shutting down a very efficient Columbiana offense in the 2nd half. They also better start fielding punts to get better field position. I have no idea why the returners let the ball roll back.

Didn't make the game, way too far, and wouldn't have made it on time after work, but heard the Clippers made some crucial mistakes down the stretch. Pick six seemed to seal the deal according to the local paper. I did see that Columbiana out gained them though, and I cant imagine they will see a better defense the rest of the year. Hopefully, they're primed to make a run in the final 9 games. Good luck to your Panthers the rest of the season.

Didn't make the game, way too far, and wouldn't have made it on time after work, but heard the Clippers made some crucial mistakes down the stretch. Pick six seemed to seal the deal according to the local paper. I did see that Columbiana out gained them though, and I cant imagine they will see a better defense the rest of the year. Hopefully, they're primed to make a run in the final 9 games. Good luck to your Panthers the rest of the season.
Hoodie, in the 2nd half their coach went completely away from what was working in the 1st half. The Panthers could not stop them in the 1st half. Manchester's stats were a little skewed because of bad snaps. They probably lost close to 100 yds. on the snaps. Once again, Wright is not a QB. His passes take a little longer to reach the receiver than Duckett's. You know, like quack, quack! Soles' pick 6 was the game saver. He read it perfectly.

YG - did I read it correct that Wright was under 100 yds rushing? Even as a QB, figured he'd be able to get that with Foster as a lead blocker. Thinking back to his sophomore year, don't think he was ever under 100 even back then. Doesn't get any easier with IV & Independence next 2 weeks. Luckily PAC is back loaded so might have time to put some things together.

YG - did I read it correct that Wright was under 100 yds rushing? Even as a QB, figured he'd be able to get that with Foster as a lead blocker. Thinking back to his sophomore year, don't think he was ever under 100 even back then. Doesn't get any easier with IV & Independence next 2 weeks. Luckily PAC is back loaded so might have time to put some things together.
Ray, he was not even close because of the bad snaps. After the 1st possession, Columbiana adjusted to the O, just like what happened in the scrimmages. To the OC's defense, it's hard to call plays when you are facing 2nd & 3rd and long. I also heard that this was the 1st time he hadn't scored in HS. Not having a 3rd option is hurting them.