OHSAA! You gotta be kidding me

LetsGoBig

The OHSAA announced yesterday that tickets for all playoff games will cost $12 and will all be sold online through hometown tickets.......

This is outragious.....not only are you charging double what it costs for a normal game, all tickets sold online so everyone will now pay a service charge of at least a dollar if not more. Plus this year no kick back for schools

A family of 4 will now pay 50+ to watch a HS football game! What a joke

The OHSAA announced yesterday that tickets for all playoff games will cost $12 and will all be sold online through hometown tickets.......

This is outragious.....not only are you charging double what it costs for a normal game, all tickets sold online so everyone will now pay a service charge of at least a dollar if not more. Plus this year no kick back for schools

as if a family of 4 can actually attend with the ticket stipulations.......

Waaa.

Yeah, I don't think many families of 4 will be able to attend. Schools with larger rosters of players & cheerleaders might have to limit tickets to 2-3 per family at most. It's sad that kids can't even play before decent size crowds of their families, classmates, and supporters in the big-time atmosphere of the playoffs.

No surprise that the OHSAA is jacking up the price here....they are hurting big time for money and they know attendance is quite limited at these playoff games (which are usually a cash cow for the Association).

This family of 4 would LOVE to pay $50 to watch a playoff game, in person. Otherwise this family of 4 will pay $2.50 ea to watch from home, and be grateful for that.

I get your anger though. And I don't like the fact this season put so many schools in a financial hole. Hope the legislature comes up w/ something.

Im

Im sure that you would pay $100+ to go watch other peoples kids play college ball on Saturdays. Ill gladly pay $12-$15 to go watch my kid play. Quit bitching

Im

Im sure that you would pay $100+ to go watch other peoples kids play college ball on Saturdays. Ill gladly pay $12-$15 to go watch my kid play. Quit bitching

Someone is angry on a tuesday morning.....must of read a bunch of stuff about the election.....

My point was simply that we pay $6 all year long and now when your son gets his doors blown off by 60 in the first round you have to pay double to see a running clock......

Thats all

You realize the OHSAA has to figure out a way to make some money back, right? Most people would gladly pay $12 right now to watch a football game. And if you don't want to pay it, just don't go.

Someone is angry on a tuesday morning.....must of read a bunch of stuff about the election.....

My point was simply that we pay $6 all year long and now when your son gets his doors blown off by 60 in the first round you have to pay double to see a running clock......

Thats all

You have a choice.

There are people who have been watching other parent's kids for 50 years that can't go this year. Most would gladly pay extra to watch someone else's kid this year.

Thats all

Im far from angry, just tired of the pouting. Ever since we got the green light to play its been non stop griping about tickets, playoff format, and the ice cream being too cold at the concession stand. Lets get our doors blown off and smile because we got the opportunity. :)

Further proof the OHSAA “plan” for this abridged season was more about the COVID financial impact than anything else.
Less folks can attend games? Make more playoff games to make up the shortfall.

Less tickets sold at the games? Make the tickets more expensive.

Again, SO happy the great majority of the teams are getting the chance to play, but the OHSAA taking a very shortsighted, financially focused approach to try and make up their losses makes me question if they are a strong & smart enough organization to survive in the future.

Further proof the OHSAA “plan” for this abridged season was more about the COVID financial impact than anything else.
Less folks can attend games? Make more playoff games to make up the shortfall.

Less tickets sold at the games? Make the tickets more expensive.

Again, SO happy the great majority of the teams are getting the chance to play, but the OHSAA taking a very shortsighted, financially focused approach to try and make up their losses makes me question if they are a strong & smart enough organization to survive in the future.

Even with more games their revenue will still be substantially lower than it has been in previous years. This isn't going away anytime soon.

Don’t blame the OHSAA. Blame DeWine for the s#!tty, no-win situation he’s forced them into with his arbitrary restrictions.
Will not get political here, but would challenge anyone giving OHSAA a “pass” on their money grab to check out their org structure. They have a central office & then 6 districts with 8-12 members each. All of which are compensated for their roles. That’s an awful lot of folks in leadership roles

COVID has impacted every facet of our economy & businesses are making changes to adapt or they are closing their doors. OHSAA took pay cuts & then built a football season designed solely to maximize their own revenues.

(steps down off soap box....)

Will not get political here, but would challenge anyone giving OHSAA a “pass” on their money grab to check out their org structure. They have a central office & then 6 districts with 8-12 members each. All of which are compensated for their roles. That’s an awful lot of folks in leadership roles

COVID has impacted every facet of our economy & businesses are making changes to adapt or they are closing their doors. OHSAA took pay cuts & then built a football season designed solely to maximize their own revenues.

(steps down off soap box....)

The District Athletic Boards have nothing to do with the Football Tournament.

And make no mistake, they were forced to build this season the way they did because of what came out of the governor's mansion.

I am just happy to be playing football and for the Elks to finally be in the playoffs. $12 per ticket is OK.

Don’t blame the OHSAA. Blame DeWine for the s#!tty, no-win situation he’s forced them into with his arbitrary restrictions.
and Dewiney, now says the magic number allowed to attend Browns games is 12,000....up from 6,000..... so how does the dude come up with that number, why not 10,000 or 20,000 0r 35,000.....

Who is eligible to get these tickets online, beside immediate family,of the participants?

Each Athletic Department has a code assigned to their school. You have to contact your Athletic Department for the code. In most cases, those codes will only be given out to parents of those closely involved.

I know that some schools will not give out the code (for obvious reasons) and will handle the ticket distribution on their own.

thats not good.... you think the OHSSA is hurting, the HS athletic departments have to be really hurting
Yup. And no one is really going to know how bad for awhile. Football season revenues are usually set aside to support the following season of sports. Most schools are still working on Fall 19 funds. Fall 20 funds are going to be gone before spring break is over . . .

OHSAA lost their a** last spring on spring sports state tournament revenue (mainly basketball) and is now struggling to make ends meet. I have no problem paying this to help them get back on their feet.

Most big high schools get 4 tickets a week @$7.00. I guess OHSAA is trying to make up for the sporting events they lost last winter/spring.