Ohio State Football 2023

THE Ohio State needs to be in the SEC for a minute if they desire pressure. You wouldn't believe the heat UGA is taking for their supposed soft schedule in 2023. THEIR schedule includes Auburn, Mississippi, Florida, South Carolina, Tenn, and Kentucky, with a potential SEC Championship game against either LSU or the Gumps. They had attempted to play Okla in the season opener in Norman, but the NCAA stepped in to nix that notion. So they were left to replace that game with Ball State. CONVERSELY, OSU only has games with ND, MEEchigan, and Penn State to even raise a sweat over.
Liar. The SEC forced UGA to drop that game.

Gene Smith has to cancel a home and home series with the huskies, too add another home game because he doesn't know how to balance an athletic budget.
Gene Smith is the biggest cancer to OSU athletics. Dude needs fired yesterday.

Some are thinking this was the B1G’s call and that Washington might be in line for an invite To the conference As $500K is a very low buyout for a game that would have made UW a lot of $s. Stay tuned.

Some are thinking this was the B1G’s call and that Washington might be in line for an invite To the conference As $500K is a very low buyout for a game that would have made UW a lot of $s. Stay tuned.
Would love to see the B10 pluck Washington & Oregon. Create four team "pods." Then, seed each pod champion and have a four team playoff to determine the conference champion. Radical idea, but how many people would pay money to watch B10 playoffs?

Pod 1 (WEST)
USC
UCLA
Washington
Oregon

Pod 2 (EAST)
Ohio State
Michigan
Michigan ST
Penn ST
Maryland

Pod 3 (NORTH)
Wisconsin
Minnesota
Iowa
Nebraska

Pod 4 (CENTRAL)
Illinois
Northwestern
Indiana
Purdue
Rutgers

Both weak and incompetent administration on a number of levels. 1) Trying to recoup COVID losses (yet still undertaking capital improvements like the proposed new ice hockey facility), 2) screwing up the schedule in advance, going from 8 home games this year to 6 home games this upcoming year, and 3) being the idiot that overlapped a non-conference series with Washington and Texas, which on paper had them playing both in 2025. One or the other was getting cancelled, and thankfully it was this one and not Texas.

I wouldn't read any more into it than it's a cash grab with picking up an extra home game for needed revenue while also balancing previous scheduling gaffes. Maybe Washington ends up in the BIG in the near future. I don't think that had anything to do with this getting cancelled.

Weak move by OSU. I was looking forward to that series with Washington. It’s bad enough they schedule these things a decade in advance, but then to cancel it is bush league. The playoff expansion should allow for a strong OOC schedule. Instead we’ll get worthless home games with Akron and BGSU instead of potential monster games with Washington AND a trip to Seattle.

Weak move by OSU. I was looking forward to that series with Washington. It’s bad enough they schedule these things a decade in advance, but then to cancel it is bush league. The playoff expansion should allow for a strong OOC schedule. Instead we’ll get worthless home games with Akron and BGSU instead of potential monster games with Washington AND a trip to Seattle.

Gene Smith has to cancel a home and home series with the huskies, too add another home game because he doesn't know how to balance an athletic budget.
Aren’t they making money hand over fist from the Big Ten Network and the TV deals with FOX, CBS and NBC?

Let’s be real. This cancellation reeks of: “Oh shi*, Washington is back to being good. We saw our Big Ten brethren, Sparty, go out to Seattle this year and get tarred and feathered on primetime national TV. We have a severe aversion to road night games anyway. We ain’t ready for any of that Seattle smoke, especially since we’ll be breaking in a new head coach by then. Better cancel now to save face.”

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …

Aren’t they making money hand over fist from the Big Ten Network and the TV deals with FOX, CBS and NBC?

Let’s be real. This cancellation reeks of: “Oh shi*, Washington is back to being good.”

UW has never been consistently competitive. They won (a claim to) the Natty in 1991 — tOSU plays them in 1993 and UW is middling by then. The schools inked for a home-and-home in the mid-2000’s: UW wins the Rose Bowl for the 2000 season, but Rick Neuheisel gets fired (for betting on basketball) three months before the Huskies came to Columbus.

I dislike that the series was cancelled, but that’s such a bizarre idea that tOSU is ducking a program that can’t go two straight coaching regimes without the program tripping over their own d-cks.

UW has never been consistently competitive. They won (a claim to) the Natty in 1991 — tOSU plays them in 1993 and UW is middling by then. The schools inked for a home-and-home in the mid-2000’s: UW wins the Rose Bowl for the 2000 season, but Rick Neuheisel gets fired (for betting on basketball) three months before the Huskies came to Columbus.

I dislike that the series was cancelled, but that’s such a bizarre idea that tOSU is ducking a program that can’t go two straight coaching regimes without the program tripping over their own d-cks.
I mean they tripped over their own d-cks against ASU last year. Lol. I get that peeps are all excited about the second coming of Big Penix Energy, but let's calm down.

The rumor about Washington and Oregon coming to the Big Ten would mandate the cancellation. But in that case Gene could have just waited it out and not paid the $500,000 cancellation fee.

So it is pretty simple:
- OSU wanted an extra home game for the $$$
- OSU did not want to play both Washington and Texas in the same year (2025). We have Texas in 2025 and 2026.

Hard to disagree with that reasoning.

"With the expansion of the College Football Playoff to 12 teams, there really is no incentive for high-profile games to be played by perennial playoff teams. For the Georgias, Alabamas, and Ohio States of the college football world, what do these teams have to gain by risking a loss by playing each other during the non-conference portion of their schedule?"

Let’s be real. This cancellation reeks of: “Oh shi*, Washington is back to being good. We saw our Big Ten brethren, Sparty, go out to Seattle this year and get tarred and feathered on primetime national TV. We have a severe aversion to road night games anyway. We ain’t ready for any of that Seattle smoke, especially since we’ll be breaking in a new head coach by then. Better cancel now to save face.”

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …
Doesn't make a difference how much money you bring in if you spend more, OSU is like the fed. govt. the administration is run by elitist and not businesspeople.

Actually it primarily comes down to not wanting to make 2 trips the west coast in the same year. A heads up was sent to Ohio State, Penn State, and Michigan that they each will all be playing at least 1 road game in 2024 & 2025 in LA to help drive awareness of the B1G for this market.

The rumor about Washington and Oregon coming to the Big Ten would mandate the cancellation. But in that case Gene could have just waited it out and not paid the $500,000 cancellation fee.

So it is pretty simple:
- OSU wanted an extra home game for the $$$
- OSU did not want to play both Washington and Texas in the same year (2025). We have Texas in 2025 and 2026.

Hard to disagree with that reasoning.
I hadn't heard about Washington and Oregon going to the B1G. USC & UCLA will join in 2024, correct? Anyone know when Washington & Oregon are coming to the B1G?

I hadn't heard about Washington and Oregon going to the B1G. USC & UCLA will join in 2024, correct? Anyone know when Washington & Oregon are coming to the B1G?
Speculation is BIG 12 is looking to poach Az. and Az. St from the PAC 12 if that happens Oregon and UW will have to go somewhere does the BIG want to split its tv money with 2 more members, I am not so sure they do.

Would Day ever step down on his own terms?
Maybe if the NFL calls. Some people want Day fired but who you gonna hire that's guaranteed to be better, I mean just look at the mess called OSU bball. Day is a very good offensive mind who needs a good D coordinator. I don't want to go back to the 9 - 3 Earle or John Cooper eras. As far as Tressel, tattoo gate was a joke and as for Meyer I don't care if the coach is a nice guy or not coaches get pd. to do one thing and that is to win and the more you get pd. the more you are expected to win.

Last edited: