Ohio State Football 2023

No. He’s technically going to be a GA this year, but I assume in name only. He held that same GA title at ND. Coaching staffs are supposedly going to grow with the looming CFB expansion. Once this occurs, and the 10 assistant limit is lifted, he should bump up. That or just can Parker Fleming and move the Little Animal up now. Based upon the abysmal play on Special Teams this past year, I’m not sure why he’s still employed here anyway.
Agreed, Parker Fleming needs to be fired. We also need Laurinaitis on the trail recruiting because that’s where he would be best at right now. As a GA he can’t go on the road and do that. The defensive staff needs a jolt of recruiting energy in the worst way.

Massive addition regardless of current title. Whether it's promotion after attrition (i.e. Larry Johnson retirement) or the cap coming off the 10 assistant limit, I would expect him to have a position coach title in the near future.

Hopefully he ends up being the Hartline of the defensive coaching staff.

Agreed, Parker Fleming needs to be fired. We also need Laurinaitis on the trail recruiting because that’s where he would be best at right now. As a GA he can’t go on the road and do that. The defensive staff needs a jolt of recruiting energy in the worst way.
why would you think that the little animal would be a GREAT recruiter?

This is an absolute home run hire from what I understand. People have been complaining how bad our defensive staff is at recruiting and we need younger more vibrant characters on that side. Now we need Tim Walton to go back to the NFL and for LJ to retire.
OUR????? since when have you been a buckeye fan?

James Laurinaitis is returning to the Bucks to be a GA working with the linebackers. He was apparently a legit recruiter in his short time at ND, so excited to see if they can capitalize on this moving forward. Great move, IMO.
i didn't know he did much recruiting for ND, not sure he was allowed to go out on the road...

i didn't know he did much recruiting for ND, not sure he was allowed to go out on the road...
He was noted at ND for his positive impact on recruiting. Regardless of any limitations, he’s still allowed to make phone calls and handle recruits on campus.

Blame Knowles. No way Ransom should have been out on the edge vs UGA, and no way the safeties should have been in man all game against UM with that idiotic defense Knowles used in that game. Ransom is good at the position he is supposed to play…safety.
Not blaming anyone. But I doubt Knowles told Ransom ‘bite on every move and don’t worry if the receiver gets behind you’.
He seems to play well after the catch is made (tackles), but doesn’t get many knockdowns or interceptions. Maybe that is also a Knowles thing? Just tough for me to unsee those two long tds.

Not blaming anyone. But I doubt Knowles told Ransom ‘bite on every move and don’t worry if the receiver gets behind you’.
He seems to play well after the catch is made (tackles), but doesn’t get many knockdowns or interceptions. Maybe that is also a Knowles thing? Just tough for me to unsee those two long tds.
Only good play I've ever seen Ransom make was his interception against Michigan State in which I think he was playing a deep third. He also played good overall against Notre Dame. He was God awful in 2021overall.

Crystal Balls starting to come in for Davison Igbinoson to transfer to OSU. We will see if it happens, if it does it is an absolute home run get. Instant starter.

Crystal Balls starting to come in for Davison Igbinoson to transfer to OSU. We will see if it happens, if it does it is an absolute home run get. Instant starter.
I don't buy it. I've seen reporting that Tennessee has already locked that deal up with him. You can now even find his name in the Volunteer student directory. He may have been visiting OSU and TTUN to leverage a better NIL package from UT. Hope the reporting is wrong, but doesn't sound good.

I don't buy it. I've seen reporting that Tennessee has already locked that deal up with him. You can now even find his name in the Volunteer student directory. He may have been visiting OSU and TTUN to leverage a better NIL package from UT. Hope the reporting is wrong, but doesn't sound good.
Agreed, I'm not counting my roosters until they're hatched. However, he was admitted to Tennessee but that didn’t mean he was going there. It just got him through the admissions process in case he decided to go. WR Isaiah Neyor did the same last year before flipping from Tennessee to Texas in the portal. So being in the student directory means essentially nothing.

Agreed, I'm not counting my roosters until they're hatched. However, he was admitted to Tennessee but that didn’t mean he was going there. It just got him through the admissions process in case he decided to go. WR Isaiah Neyor did the same last year before flipping from Tennessee to Texas in the portal. So being in the student directory means essentially nothing.
That’s fair. Either way, I would feel more comfortable if he was already in OSU’s student directory. Lol.

That’s fair. Either way, I would feel more comfortable if he was already in OSU’s student directory. Lol.
I won't feel comfortable until he commits and enrolls. I will say this guy isn't as good as he's being made out to be. He got benched midway through the season. Regardless, he's a unicorn CB which OSU just doesn't have on their roster and he still has a lot of room to grow.

Big time get!! I caution that this kid is not a finished product so don’t expect him to be a shutdown corner right away but he has a high ceiling. We could have a secondary looking like Styles at 6’4, Carter at 6’2, Igbinosun 6’2, Burke at 5’11, Stokes at 6’2.

A lot of range, length, and speed.

If you look at his statistical performance, he was on par with Cam Brown's production this past year. So that's not bad considering his age. If Burke and Hancock take the two corner spots, it will be nice to have a strong 3rd, along with Jyaire Brown and possibly Ryan Turner rotating in for depth as well.

#10 and #14 ranked transfer portal players. 1 of 4 teams with 2+ top 20 transfers incoming (FSU 3, Michigan 2, LSU 2). 1 of 2 teams with 2+ top 15 ranked portal players (FSU 3!).

Sure wish they’d figure out that darned NIL.

Still need an offensive tackle in the worst way, need to get that bag out after spring ball and pay some good SEC OT to enter the portal and come to OSU.

Tegra being moved to tackle. Thought he played incredibly well in his limited time with the 2s at G before being redshirted. But the interior has some good depth so if he’s capable of making the switch, love the move.

Tegra being moved to tackle. Thought he played incredibly well in his limited time with the 2s at G before being redshirted. But the interior has some good depth so if he’s capable of making the switch, love the move.
Definitely worth a look. Has the size.

Toughest game due to site is ND. Toughest game of year is PSU. Toughest mental block to overcome will be Ann Arbor
Why does a great team like Ohio State ALWAYS seem to struggle against those chumps up North? The OSU team that played UGA SHOULD have worn MEEEchigan OUT! When we played them last season in the semis. Our RT Jamarie Salyer WORE OUT Aiden Hutchinson. And we wore out Will Anderson as WELL. And BOTH went in the FIRST ROUND! And their award winning, best OL in the country was a JOKE!

Why does a great team like Ohio State ALWAYS seem to struggle against those chumps up North? The OSU team that played UGA SHOULD have worn MEEEchigan OUT! When we played them last season in the semis. Our RT Jamarie Salyer WORE OUT Aiden Hutchinson. And we wore out Will Anderson as WELL. And BOTH went in the FIRST ROUND! And their award winning, best OL in the country was a JOKE!
Always? Did you miss the last two decades? This is a very recent development. Bringing in a Big 12 DC didn’t help.

At the conclusion of tonight's national title, we will officially begin the countdown until the first game. Many questions and uncertainty surround the program this season. First and foremost are the players.

Who can we expect out of Kyle McCord, Chad Ray, Devin Brown, or Mason Maggs to replace Stroud? What do we know about any new or current offensive playmakers? Will the defense improve, as far as players go?

Is Ryan Day's job on the hot seat? I think it can be agreed that Day coached his best game against Georgia, despite losing on a missed field goal. If OSU were to fire him, what is the line in the sand they draw? Losing to Michigan? Lose a playoff game? Is it national title or bust for Day to keep his job?

Finally, other than Michigan, what is the toughest opponent on the schedule?

Lots of questions to answer in a year before the B10 finds itself playing USC on a yearly basis.

2023 SCHEDULE
9/2 @ Indiana
9/9 Youngstown State
9/16 Western Kentucky
9/23 @ Notre Dame
10/7 Maryland
10/14 @ Purdue
10/21 Penn State
10/28 @ Wisconsin
11/4 @ Rutgers
11/11 Michigan State
11/18 Minnesota
11/25 @ Michigan
THE Ohio State needs to be in the SEC for a minute if they desire pressure. You wouldn't believe the heat UGA is taking for their supposed soft schedule in 2023. THEIR schedule includes Auburn, Mississippi, Florida, South Carolina, Tenn, and Kentucky, with a potential SEC Championship game against either LSU or the Gumps. They had attempted to play Okla in the season opener in Norman, but the NCAA stepped in to nix that notion. So they were left to replace that game with Ball State. CONVERSELY, OSU only has games with ND, MEEchigan, and Penn State to even raise a sweat over.

Always? Did you miss the last two decades? This is a very recent development. Bringing in a Big 12 DC didn’t help.
NOBODY decent should EVER lose to MEEEchigan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If they were in the SEC, they would be likened to AUBURN, MISSISSIPPI STATE, ARKANSAS, KENTUCKY, or MISSISSIPPI. And NONE of those have sniffed a conference championship ring, in the past decade or so.