Ohio State Buckeyes 2019

On a side note, I watched Marty and McGee on the SEC Network last night for the first time. My gosh, what an awful show! Possibly worse...well maybe not worse...than watching lame Dan LeBatard and his feeble father, or Bomani Jones.

This has to be Fox. Wisconsin, Penn State, and Michigan all noon games. Lame.

Fox talked about making the premier B1G games nooners and it looks like this is holding true. My guess is they are doing this to get a nice lead in to the PAC 12 games that kick off at 3:30 and compete against the top SEC game at the same time slot. Also, they are usually up against only lesser games in the time slot so most of the TVs should be tuned in and many casual fans are out and about on Saturday evening. Either way Fox paid big $s for these games and the B1G will want to make sure they are happy.

Took a loan from a "family friend", and has paid it back already.

He said he's known him, "...from before (his) freshman year.". I think the amount and the characteristics of the relationship matter. Also how he came to the money to pay him back.

He said he's known him, "...from before (his) freshman year.". I think the amount and the characteristics of the relationship matter. Also how he came to the money to pay him back.

That is probably the investigation aspect of the situation.

While it might not mean as much to the NCAA and their draconian laws that are tilted to their member schools and not athletes, amount and the characteristics of the relationship matter only in the court of public opinion. If it was a couple thousand $s to allow him to live a little more comfortably and treat his girl to a nice dinner is one thing, if it was a couple hundred thousand $s so he or his parents could tool around in a Lexus and get a new house is another.

I concur.
Since before his FROSH year : Can be any time before his first day, soooo could have been when he signed at OSU
Paid back last year: $$ from another 'friend' or 'advisor' or 'agent'.

Could be bye bye to the OSU title chances...

Some really interesting takes on this situation in NCAA circles. Folks sympathetic to players getting $s are all over this saying how is it different than a student getting a bank loan approved through FAFSA? Sometimes students take out a loan more than needed to cover tuition/room/board/books/fees and use it for some walk around money. It's a loan with an expectation of being paid back, why does non-athlete get preferential treatment over an athlete?

Here is a tweet from the lawyer working for Chase Young
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Chase took a small loan from a close family friend last year to cover basic life expenses. Loan was repaid months ago and we’re working to restore his eligibility. Unfair and outdated <a href="https://twitter.com/NCAA?ref_src=twsrc^tfw">@NCAA</a> rules punish athletes for making ends meet while enriching everyone else. <a href="https://t.co/2Jsqj7f7TR">https://t.co/2Jsqj7f7TR</a></p>&mdash; Tim (@TimNevius) <a href=" ">November 8, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

There also appears to be precedent from the SEC on this situation:

- Alabama's Ha Ha Clinton-Dix might be an apt comparison for the Chase Young situation. HHCD was reinstated by NCAA after serving a two-game suspension for a "short-term loan" for an amount less than $500.

- Kentucky's Denzil Ware took $1,628 from an agent, it was self-reported by UK, and UK suspended him one game. The SEC and NCAA concluded that no additional punishment was necessary.

So no one has addressed this as of yet. Has Young, or could he possibly have been ruled ineligible all season?? If that's the case do the Buckeyes have to forfeit their wins this season, taking them out of the college playoff?? Imagine that??

Nick: Hey Dabo, did you hear what happened up at Ahia State?

Dabo: Yep, they got popped for some money to the freak d-end.

Nick: Did you turn 'em in?

Dabo: Nope. Did you?

Nick: Nope. I know it wasn't Eddie O. That ol' crazy cajun doesn't even know how to use a cell phone.

Dabo: Could it be Urban getting jealous of Day getting all the run now?

Nick: I'm sure that bugs him, but he wouldn't do anything to harm Ahia State. Heck, he probably prays to a picture of Woody Hayes before he goes to sleep every night.

Dabo: Ha! Woody! That crazy old ba$tard! I wish I could punch a player sometimes...

Nick: Anyway, I guess they self-reported the violation.

Dabo: Why would they do that? Are you even allowed to do that?

Nick: I guess you can. I had a GA look it up and it's in the NCAA manual.

Dabo: Okay, but why would you self-report your best player? Don't make any sense.

Nick: It's the Big Ten. They're crazy up there about the dang rules! That's why I left Michigan State.

Dabo: It's almost like they don't want anyone in their league to win a championship.

Nick: I know. Urban finally had enough of it.

Dabo: Anyway, you guys gonna beat LSU tomorrow?

Nick: Yeah. I ain't losing a game to Eddie. Bad enough I lost one to Gus before.

Dabo: Well, I'll talk to you next week.

There goes the heisman. Think he could’ve actually won it with the stats and hype.

Best thing to happen to tOSU if he can get re-instated. The Heisman is a big distraction to the players and the program for those invited to NYC. Also if you win you have to do tons of media and it has affected many players heading into their January game(s).

Antiquated NCAA rules seem to pop up and cause us problems every four or five years. I guess it was just time.

But god damn, can't Ohio State just ignore this crap like every other school? I don't go calling the BMV to tell them I was speeding one time last year and maybe they should suspend my license

The NCAA is one big crime family whose main purpose is to protect the money they get from the SEC. Read the book "Indentured" It confirms a lot of things I suspected all along about the NCAA. It amazes me that the black community doesn't make more charges of racism against the NCAA and based on the stories in "Indentured" they would have a legitimate beef.

I even saw it at the D-III college level. They get these athletes onto the campus and then leave them to fend for themselves and yet there are so many restrictions regarding what kind of jobs they can work it's ridiculous. I know the old argument that they are getting paid with a free education but that is no longer the case in many situations. The NCAA needs to be brought into the new century and their treatment of athletes needs to change drastically.

I used to be one of those that was not in favor of paying athletes but times have changed and it's time they start treating the athletes with more respect then what is being extended today. The number of athletes that go on to the pros is small. "Indentured" is a perfect way label it.

The NCAA is one big crime family whose main purpose is to protect the money they get from the SEC. Read the book "Indentured" It confirms a lot of things I suspected all along about the NCAA. It amazes me that the black community doesn't make more charges of racism against the NCAA and based on the stories in "Indentured" they would have a legitimate beef.

I even saw it at the D-III college level. They get these athletes onto the campus and then leave them to fend for themselves and yet there are so many restrictions regarding what kind of jobs they can work it's ridiculous. I know the old argument that they are getting paid with a free education but that is no longer the case in many situations. The NCAA needs to be brought into the new century and their treatment of athletes needs to change drastically.

I used to be one of those that was not in favor of paying athletes but times have changed and it's time they start treating the athletes with more respect then what is being extended today. The number of athletes that go on to the pros is small. "Indentured" is a perfect way label it.

But wait, according to the folks that call into Finebaum's show the players are not playing NCAA football because they are the minor leagues for the NFL but because of the tradition and the opportunity to play at the school ones family has been associated for generations. Too bad most players kin were not allowed to play in the SEC until the '70s>
18d0133251fcce4ac646177e86eed704.jpg

That is probably the investigation aspect of the situation.

While it might not mean as much to the NCAA and their draconian laws that are tilted to their member schools and not athletes, amount and the characteristics of the relationship matter only in the court of public opinion. If it was a couple thousand $s to allow him to live a little more comfortably and treat his girl to a nice dinner is one thing, if it was a couple hundred thousand $s so he or his parents could tool around in a Lexus and get a new house is another.

I heard Tim May call the pending NCAA snoop-fest "the Roman Empire in decline", given a few states' laws changing. Had to laugh....

Some really interesting takes on this situation in NCAA circles. Folks sympathetic to players getting $s are all over this saying how is it different than a student getting a bank loan approved through FAFSA? Sometimes students take out a loan more than needed to cover tuition/room/board/books/fees and use it for some walk around money. It's a loan with an expectation of being paid back, why does non-athlete get preferential treatment over an athlete?

Here is a tweet from the lawyer working for Chase Young
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Chase took a small loan from a close family friend last year to cover basic life expenses. Loan was repaid months ago and we’re working to restore his eligibility. Unfair and outdated <a href="https://twitter.com/NCAA?ref_src=twsrc^tfw">@NCAA</a> rules punish athletes for making ends meet while enriching everyone else. <a href="https://t.co/2Jsqj7f7TR">https://t.co/2Jsqj7f7TR</a></p>&mdash; Tim (@TimNevius) <a href=" ">November 8, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Nothing that TONS of kids don't do every week of the year.

There goes the heisman. Think he could’ve actually won it with the stats and hype.

If Joe Burrow beats 'Bama in the air, JB is a lock for the Heisman. Young could have a strip-sack TD every remaining game, and it wouldn't matter.

Book it.

PS, settle yer down, Raider6309 :LOL:

Last edited: