Ohio Cardinal Conference

The distance discrepancy is a glitch on the map app. It is about 63 mile but since they are possibly leaving I guess it doesn’t matter.
Those distances are not ideal but we really only have 1 option at this point and it is definitely shorter trips than the independent schedule of this past season and shorter than the ECOL.
The distance does matter when you are trying to make your point and your information is incorrect. Going up US 250 behind a horse and buggy can make 10 miles last for 25 minutes. The question isn't about Dover it's about the teams voting to add Dover. Much farther drives for some of them. Dover may have a short distance that the ECOL teams but it may be quicker for them to get to Marietta then it is for them to get to Mansfield Sr.
There is little doubt Dover could be voted in. Yes votes would likely be NP, WH, Woo, Ashland for sure. Madison wants to start some weeknight contests at 4:30 and that cannot happen with Dover or NP. Mansfield is known for having bussing issues during the week after school which delays game starts to local schools. Lexington will probably vote no as they have been openly against going into a schedule that requires their students to be traveling past 10PM.

IF Mt Vernon is leaving the OCC, Dover in would make too much sense. Would just take a little creativity from the schedule makers in all non-football sports to make travel not as big of an issue.

The distance does matter when you are trying to make your point and your information is incorrect. Going up US 250 behind a horse and buggy can make 10 miles last for 25 minutes. The question isn't about Dover it's about the teams voting to add Dover. Much farther drives for some of them. Dover may have a short distance that the ECOL teams but it may be quicker for them to get to Marietta then it is for them to get to Mansfield Sr.
There is little doubt Dover could be voted in. Yes votes would likely be NP, WH, Woo, Ashland for sure. Madison wants to start some weeknight contests at 4:30 and that cannot happen with Dover or NP. Mansfield is known for having bussing issues during the week after school which delays game starts to local schools. Lexington will probably vote no as they have been openly against going into a schedule that requires their students to be traveling past 10PM.
My point was the OCC would be shorter trips than the ECOL and the current independent schedule so strictly a Dover perspective.
I am well aware of the perils of 250 until you get to Wooster as Dover had a series with both Wooster and Ashland. Winter sports will be trickier but the ADs have been scheduling triple headers having freshmen,reserve and varsity on Saturdays they sometimes have girls play as well.

My point was the OCC would be shorter trips than the ECOL and the current independent schedule so strictly a Dover perspective.
I am well aware of the perils of 250 until you get to Wooster as Dover had a series with both Wooster and Ashland. Winter sports will be trickier but the ADs have been scheduling triple headers having freshmen,reserve and varsity on Saturdays they sometimes have girls play as well.
The ADs have not been scheduling basketball. The OCC commissioner does that. And all boys OCC games are on Fridays or Tuesdays. Imagine a triple header on Tuesday with a 1.5 hour drive to the event. Will the first game get started before 5pm? heaven forbid there is an OT in any game. IF the last game ends after 9pm it would be 11:00 before kids are getting back to school. Not the best scenario for a student.

IF Mt Vernon is leaving the OCC, Dover in would make too much sense. Would just take a little creativity from the schedule makers in all non-football sports to make travel not as big of an issue.
Travel will always be an issue for someone. This is why Wooster did not want Shelby in the OCC was because of location.

Of course MV is the biggest school in the OCC and can't compete in the money sports so they are looking at something they can. Maybe
Being the only Central District school in a league is tough for them. Transitioning back to a league where everyone is closer to Columbus serves them well.

Being the only Central District school in a league is tough for them. Transitioning back to a league where everyone is closer to Columbus serves them well.
They elected to leave a league in the central district because they were not doing well in it. Now, how is it a benefit to be back? I can understand the shorter travel times. The LCL has been after MV for years.

They elected to leave a league in the central district because they were not doing well in it. Now, how is it a benefit to be back? I can understand the shorter travel times. The LCL has been after MV for years.
They left the big OCC because of where many of their road games were, and competition.

Main benefits are more recognition for the kids, more coverage and closer games.

They left the big OCC because of where many of their road games were, and competition.

Main benefits are more recognition for the kids, more coverage and closer games.
League recognition could not get any better for MV. If you are speaking District recognition, are you saying that Central district coaches are not voting for talented kids because they play in certain leagues? The trip to Zanesville is very similar to Wooster or Ashland. 4 of the OCC schools were under 40 miles away which will be similar to the LCL. NP was their furthest trip and they voted for them to join. It is odd now that they would say travel is an issue.

League recognition could not get any better for MV. If you are speaking District recognition, are you saying that Central district coaches are not voting for talented kids because they play in certain leagues? The trip to Zanesville is very similar to Wooster or Ashland. 4 of the OCC schools were under 40 miles away which will be similar to the LCL. NP was their furthest trip and they voted for them to join. It is odd now that they would say travel is an issue.
If they haven’t seen the kid play, why would they vote for them?

Mount Vernon will jump around and then around and around. when They refused to play west Holmes the year of COVID when each at one more chance to play each other and it was on the schedule I lost all respect for them. They said that year they had first winning season but they were 5-4 they were going to lose so would have made them 5-5 no winning season also some people because Mount Vernon wouldn’t play game said well west Holmes isn’t in three way tie for title they were one less win but Mount Vernon was afraid to play so good bye yellow jackets it’s winter go hide in another league

Do you think every reason a school has for leaving needs your approval?
Absolutely not. But so far I've heard excuses that do not make sense to most people.

Do you really think that every kid who gets District honors has been in a game with every coach that votes for them?

Absolutely not. But so far I've heard excuses that do not make sense to most people.

Do you really think that every kid who gets District honors has been in a game with every coach that votes for them?
Whether or not they make sense is beside the point. The added print coverage MV will receive, too, is a bonus perk of playing LCL schools more often.

Straw man on your question.

Whether or not they make sense is beside the point. The added print coverage MV will receive, too, is a bonus perk of playing LCL schools more often.

Straw man on your question.
It is exactly the point. The reasons stated make little sense and the PRINT coverage is laughable. I can read about a game in California an hour after it's played. Did you check to see last seasons PRINT coverage for the basketball team when they played 10 games against Central District teams. 3 of them were in the LCL and they won all three. MV went 2-5 against Central District teams NOT in the LCL

It is exactly the point. The reasons stated make little sense and the PRINT coverage is laughable. I can read about a game in California an hour after it's played. Did you check to see last seasons PRINT coverage for the basketball team when they played 10 games against Central District teams. 3 of them were in the LCL and they won all three. MV went 2-5 against Central District teams NOT in the LCL
Oh godddddddd I found the poster who doesn’t take the first answer given to them.

Which coach (Gardner or Wallick) has the most to gain by leaving?
Gardner would be trading one OCC school for another. Wallick would be going to a new conference. Both would be trading up to a D3 school with a rich football tradition.
What I don't know is how the facilities compare at Dover, WH, and Garaway. Can anyone add more detail??

Gardner would be trading one OCC school for another. Wallick would be going to a new conference. Both would be trading up to a D3 school with a rich football tradition.
What I don't know is how the facilities compare at Dover, WH, and Garaway. Can anyone add more detail??
There are plans for updates to the field and field house at WH this offseason which leads me to believe facilities would be comparable and it shows support for the program at all locations. I think the main thing is where they would want to be the head coach.

My understanding is Gardner went to Dover and still lives there.