Northwest Ohio Realignment

I know we litigated this to the ends of the earth, but it's worth mentioning.

In a recent Sylvania Schools administration meeting that was open to the public regarding the future plans for the district, consolidation was brought up as a viable option. If that happens, you'd have to believe Springfield would jump at any opportunity to leave if presented, which may involve the smaller schools just leaving the four big boys to their devices (and a reunion with the private schools).

In a recent Sylvania Schools administration meeting that was open to the public regarding the future plans for the district, consolidation was brought up as a viable option. If that happens, you'd have to believe Springfield would jump at any opportunity to leave if presented, which may involve the smaller schools just leaving the four big boys to their devices (and a reunion with the private schools).
If Sylvania consolidated it would then be five big boys.

Why would Sylvania ever want to consolidate. That's not a quality path for schools already that large.
I dont disagree, that's just one of the options on the table. I thought it was noteworthy because it was never stated publicly.

It may make sense if they only have a limited budget for capital improvements. Sell the land beneath one (SV probably) to a developer and build onto/rebuild the other.

Ottawa Hills would fit nicely in that smaller division enrollment-wise, and they now have like 2 conference games in football.

Actually they would in that scenario now that you say it. That said, Tinora and Otsego are going to be plays 1 and 2 here I believe prior to it being Ottawa Hills, even tho they schedule the western 3 in hoops and other sports annually.....

No matter how you frame it, Findlay has no interest in a reunion with the private schools. Perrysburg and Anthony Wayne probably don't have any interest in finding out what we already know. Can't speak for Whitmer.

Sylvania will never recombine. Too many jobs at risk and too many parents will complain little Johnnie no longer has a chance to play.

Might is the keyword. But again, their size comes into play and won't get past the front door of the 8 NWOAL schools, especially when there is few parts of history where BG and the NWOAL cross paths

I'd think BG could have a little interest in a set up where Napoleon and Defiance were interested. Add a growing LB and you'd have a D3-small D5 football division and while the travel isn't ideal, it's not terrible.

Obviously it's not happening but it's interesting to think about.

Sylvania will never recombine. Too many jobs at risk and too many parents will complain little Johnnie no longer has a chance to play.
Oh, I agree, but felt it was worth bringing up because it was the first time district leadership had every publicly mentioned it as an option.

With that being said, Sylvania Schools know that their voters are tapped out for levies at this point, so cutting jobs and reducing their physical infrastructure (they could sell the SV or NV property to a developer) for a significant cash injection, wouldn't be the worst idea with replacements for or significant renovations of SV, NV, McCord, Arbor Hills, Highland, and Stranahan needed in the near future.

Findlay and Ross would probably reform the old Buckeye Central Conference before re-joining the private schools or the SBC Lake…🤣
Well, you can't have a three team conference...so...yeah.
Need breeds action, and they might just need a spot, and no team has been more willing to jump around in NW Ohio than Findlay over the years lol.

Well, you can't have a three team conference...so...yeah.
Need breeds action, and they might just need a spot, and no team has been more willing to jump around in NW Ohio than Findlay over the years lol.
May need to give Zanesville and Lancaster a call. What’s their area code???

Location wise yes, competition wise no. They're a mid pack NBC program in most sports, they'd get pretty roughed up in that league. Otsego & Lake are two schools that are very cyclical
Archbold and LC are the only teams that could regularly beat on Otsego, PH would be off and on against them. The rest of the NWOAL is very average in almost everything

Archbold and LC are the only teams that could regularly beat on Otsego, PH would be off and on against them. The rest of the NWOAL is very average in almost everything
But there's no advantage at all to leaving or even a desire to. Can confirm they're very happy with the current alignment of things, especially with the legacy SLL members

What does this mean? Last school year, Otsego boys would compete for the NWOAL title in the running sports. Are they top 3 in anything else?

What does this mean? Last school year, Otsego boys would compete for the NWOAL title in the running sports. Are they top 3 in anything else?
Smurf said Otsego would get "roughed up" in the NWOAL compared to the NBC, and I disagree. By Archbold in most sports and LC football? Delta in wrestling? Sure. But don't kid yourself about the rest of the NWOAL. Swanton and Evergreen are awful in football and have been forever. Delta is never great at anything except wrestling. PH will put together some good football and basketball teams, but they don't have the numbers to compete year in and year out anymore. Wauseon and Bryan consistently under perform against smaller schools. Otsego would do just fine in the NWOAL.

No matter how you frame it, Findlay has no interest in a reunion with the private schools. Perrysburg and Anthony Wayne probably don't have any interest in finding out what we already know. Can't speak for Whitmer.
Whitmer does not want to be reunited with the Catholic schools either.