Northwest Ohio Realignment

Northwood will far and away be the marquee program. For these hick, schools traveling to Northwood will be like traveling to LA. These teams and their junior high level coaches have no idea whats in store for them. If there is one thing about Northwood, there coaches can always out x and o teams and are always far more prepared.
Please tell me that you did not mean Los Angeles?

I amnot saying that Northwood is Los Angeles but I am saying that every time that these pudunk, hillbilly tiny schools see northwood on the schedule, it'll be like playing the lakers. Northwood has to be ready in each game because they will definitely be every teams super bowl or world series when they play. Northwood has been battle tested for 20 something years against schools who recruit and will finally be the big dog on the block.

I amnot saying that Northwood is Los Angeles but I am saying that every time that these pudunk, hillbilly tiny schools see northwood on the schedule, it'll be like playing the lakers. Northwood has to be ready in each game because they will definitely be every teams super bowl or world series when they play. Northwood has been battle tested for 20 something years against schools who recruit and will finally be the big dog on the block.
Steve Harvey Reaction GIF

Quit with all this Northwood is the Lakers crap. They left a decent league (not great - SLL) in which they couldn’t compete 20+ years ago for a league of small school misfits. They won in football, but never made noise in the playoffs. Not sure they’ve won much in anything else. This won’t scare schools like Hopewell and Calvert. Your dad should delete your account.

Northwood has been a bit down the last few years and Hopewell slipped past them twice. Northwood did fine against Calvert in their short TAAC stint. Basketball wise, it'll be like coming from the Big East (TAAC) AND joining the MAC (SBC River). Basketball will be perennial favorites. Baseball, getting away from Ottawa Hills and Toledo Christian will be a godsend. Northwood always has great baseball players. These schools with 65 kid enrollments does not scare northwood. They have Northwood, milbury, oregon, toledo, and walbridge to choose from. Good luck findings studs bascom to hang with that.

Northwood will far and away be the marquee program. For these hick, schools traveling to Northwood will be like traveling to LA. These teams and their junior high level coaches have no idea whats in store for them. If there is one thing about Northwood, there coaches can always out x and o teams and are always far more prepared.
Over the past 4 years Northwood is 2-4 vs. the River division.

Northwood is D5 and everyone else in the River division is D 6 or 7.

Quisno, Colatruglio, Wyant, Reser. I've seen Northwood. They are not better coached.

Northwood has been a bit down the last few years and Hopewell slipped past them twice. Northwood did fine against Calvert in their short TAAC stint. Basketball wise, it'll be like coming from the Big East (TAAC) AND joining the MAC (SBC River). Basketball will be perennial favorites. Baseball, getting away from Ottawa Hills and Toledo Christian will be a godsend. Northwood always has great baseball players. These schools with 65 kid enrollments does not scare northwood. They have Northwood, milbury, oregon, toledo, and walbridge to choose from. Good luck findings studs bascom to hang with that.
I really don't think Calvert, Hopewell and Old Fort are going to be DOMINATED by Northwood in Basketball. I am sure this will work out great for Northwood with having so many old foes to play.

That would be interesting how they might divide things up. This is getting to be a lot like the old MAL numbers for the River.
Well the old MAL should have never broken up.

Going to North/South divisions for sports outside football make a lot of sense. I’d assume they’ll play their division in a double round robin and the other division just once.

Well the old MAL should have never broken up.
Indeed, they had a pretty good opportunity in 2009, with two SLL refugees available. That plan got torpedoed by three MAL schools on the south and east side, then got stabbed by the formation of the N10 the next year, involving those same schools.

It could have been a continuous MAL, losing Carey, Mohawk, and Seneca East, while picking up Elmwood and G'burg. An Elmwood-less, and an at-the-time reluctant Maumee, NBC would be at an odd number, with one school (Woodmore) very much smaller than everyone else. They would be made to be very uncomfortable, as the SLL larger schools were known to do, and Woodmore would have ended up in the MAL shortly, right about the time of an NOL-SBC merger, which would have, as in our universe, but at a slightly later point in the timeline, made SMCC (and possibly Margaretta) available. Ends up in nearly the same place, with a lot less antiacids consumed by some of the schools.

reminds me of a Christmas song....."What child is this...?"

So Route 6 will be the divider line per Josh Morgret

Northwood
Woodmore
SJCC
Danbury
SMCC
Gibsonburg

Calvert
Lakota
Old Fort
New Riegel
H-L

North teams play 15 league games, south 14, one overall champion. That at least gives teams a good chance at making a decent NL schedule and puts the four best boys basketball programs playing each other 2x. If I'm Calvert volleyball this is the best case scenerio - they get six more NL games and lose the 6 weakest teams on the schedule for a round.

So Route 6 will be the divider line per Josh Morgret

Northwood
Woodmore
SJCC
Danbury
SMCC
Gibsonburg

Calvert
Lakota
Old Fort
New Riegel
H-L

North teams play 15 league games, south 14, one overall champion. That at least gives teams a good chance at making a decent NL schedule and puts the four best boys basketball programs playing each other 2x. If I'm Calvert volleyball this is the best case scenerio - they get six more NL games and lose the 6 weakest teams on the schedule for a round.
LOL, what a dream scenario. Northwood will not lose a title within these divisions. Is this for all sports, except football?

LOL, what a dream scenario. Northwood will not lose a title within these divisions. Is this for all sports, except football?
The Lakers have an advantage. They will not win every sport every year.

Northwood has improved their situation. Good for them. But if I thought every Ranger fan was like you my new favorite team would be whoever you guys are playing.

253 - Northwood
233 - Lakota
224 - Woodmore
216 - Gibsonburg
189 - Hopewell-Loudon
175 - Old Fort
108 - St. Mary's
106 - Danbury
102 - New Reigel
100 - St. Joe
97 - Calvert

Last edited:

You realize HL would also be getting kids from Tiffin and Fostoria, right?

You realize HL would also be getting kids from Tiffin and Fostoria, right?

The Lakers have an advantage. They will not win every sport every year.

Northwood has improved their situation. Good for them. But if I thought every Ranger fan was like you my new favorite team would be whoever you guys are playing.

253 - Northwood
233 - Lakota
224 - Woodmore
216 - Gibsonburg
189 - Hopewell-Loudon
175 - Old Fort
108 - St. Mary's
106 - Danbury
102 - New Reigel
100 - St. Joe
97 - Calvert
Dont need anyone bandwagon hoppers. You werent with us when we were down dont bother coming for the come up. Northwood is gonna be rollin'

Are you f_ _ _ _en nuts. Northwood not elite, their a bunch of thugs. They'll be the armpit of the River. Not one schools is afraid of Northwood.
They lost to a bad Lakota team last year. Northwood was 3-7 beating Vanlue (1-8), Hilltop (1-9) and Erie Mason (3-6).
The only way Northwood become good is if their coach has QB and RB live in he's basement again like 3-4 years ago.

Are you f_ _ _ _en nuts. Northwood not elite, their a bunch of thugs. They'll be the armpit of the River. Not one schools is afraid of Northwood.
They lost to a bad Lakota team last year. Northwood was 3-7 beating Vanlue (1-8), Hilltop (1-9) and Erie Mason (3-6).
The only way Northwood become good is if their coach has QB and RB live in he's basement again like 3-4 years ago.
Face the facts buddy. Northwood will not lose many games in this league in football. There coach is better than genoa's. Basketball and baseball have better coaches than anything that genoa can throw out there. Dont be mad because genoa aint got it like northwood. And thugs???What is is genoa famous for, the genoa stasch. Nothing could be more thuggish than that phony mustache. Genoa would trade for James, Dawson, and Rolf in a heartbeat,

Few things I see coming out of this:

1. I cannot blame Northwood for wanting to get out of the TAAC. With the recruiting that has been rampant in the league for the last few years (even the commish made a comment about it in the article for those who got behind the firewall), I can't blame the publics of the TAAC for wanting out. Zero fun knowing that in basketball you're going to get whacked by schools who openly are bringing in players. As mentioned above, anytime you play OH or TC in baseball, not an easy matchup for them, hopefully they find a way to keep them on the schedule as non-league games moving forward. If anything, for that sake, hope they do keep OH on the schedule for a few sports, but understand if they don't.
2. Northwood Football will be a curious thing to watch in the new league. Definitely some schools in the circuit that can compete with them, but not seeing the total runover that some on here think they can, but should be as competitive/successful as their history in the TAAC tells us they can be at the small-school level when they are big enrollment dogs on the block.....
3. What happens to the TAAC?
-At this point, it begs the question what Ottawa Hills does moving forward. No way the BBC adds them in due to distance, no way the NWOAL adds them due to size, competitive disadvantage, and ultimately the gate in football (would be Montpelier except more painful to watch), and I don't see how the NBC adds them in for reasons already mentioned for the NWOAL. Realistically, would love to see Ottawa Hills take everything but football to either the NBC or NWOAL, be independent in football, and be a filler for SBC/old TAAC teams. But we all know that's not how these packages work.
-BBC Football Schools: What moves do they really have? Realistically, if they could convince Stryker and Holgate to go back to 11-man (or all go 8-man football), that would be the best case scenario for all of them out there. Bring North Central into the BBC football league and this would be ready to go. This scenario makes the most sense because not like they're a monster in football and ultimately would put schools on similar competitive levels in the same league.
-TC, Emmanuel, MVCD, Stritch: Are they better off staying as a circuit together no matter what happens or not? This to me reads as a crazy-Ivan scenario with these four, especially knowing their pickings are somewhat slim in NW Ohio. Could the Toledo City League be a home for them? Maybe, but you know darn well the plan is to keep the TAAC together with Ottawa Hills as long as they can.

Realistically, definitely believe it's possible Ottawa Hills attempts to recruit Evergreen, Delta, Swanton to the TAAC (that will be their only hail mary, and no way they sign up to play the privates in hoops or other sports). Scenario 2 that will be the likely scenario to unfold for the TAAC is talking with the Michigan league over the border and rebuilding the old Michigan-Ohio Border Conference in some capacity under the Michigan label.

And receive beatings every week in football and most other sports, doubt it.
:ROFLMAO:They'd do well in soccer & golf at least. But yes, even though their football program has had a few really good seasons and were strong this year, I don't ever see them beating the top 3-4 teams in the NBC. Bluffton took care of them handedly 34-0 in the Sweet 16 this year, and they were pretty even with Oak Harbor I'd say.

Win: Lake, Rossford, Fostoria
Toss Up: Maumee & Otsego
Loss: Eastwood, Genoa, Oak Harbor