Northwest Ohio Realignment

LBs arrogance made their own problems, they'll receive no sympathy from me.

IMO Bluffton doesn't go anywhere with out Grove and i have huge doubts they would consider a move.
I don’t really think arrogance has anything to do with LB’s situation - their growth and proximity to Findlay just makes them a bad fit for t yet BVC and NWC. I agree with your 2nd point though. I don’t think Allen East would consider leaving without Bluffton, and I don’t think Bluffton would leave at all - especially not without Grove. The 3 “eastern” NWC schools are perfect matches for each other

The size issue is absurd, if LB is too big they they should have kicked them out. LB is a mid sized D5 school and it will be 8-10 years until they reach D4.
MAC schools D5-D7
NWC schools D5-D7
NWOAL schools D4-D7
All small school leagues have a range of schools.
My guess is the BVC adds another D5-6 school and LB stays. And maybe the smallest school leave.
(I am wrong quiet often lol )

Giving someone 5-6 YEARS to leave is not the same. How long they give Vanlue to figure it out for this football season? About 6 months.
The BVC told LB they wanted them out - LB said fine, but give us some time. They got kicked out.

Comparing that to Vanlue and saying that Vanlue was only given 6 months is dumb. How many years were teams wondering every single week if they would have a game against Vanlue? Probably about the same amount of time they gave LB to find a new home. The BVC kept them on life support for years hoping their program would just go away and the problem would solve itself.

Last edited:
O
No one is joining the BVC if LB is still around. LB leaving is what drew Leipsic and Ada in.

You are definitely wrong here.
O so like Elmwood joining doesn’t count?
and since your crystal ball is so clear, reference the post where you knew Ada and Leipsic were jumping to the BVC . . . I’ll wait

O

O so like Elmwood joining doesn’t count?
and since your crystal ball is so clear, reference the post where you knew Ada and Leipsic were jumping to the BVC . . . I’ll wait
Elmwood tried to get out of a bigger league where they were forever at the bottom and went to a league where all but 1 team was smaller than them, and they’re still going to be at the bottom. Leipsic left the BVC with LB in it, and Ada didn’t join until they knew LB would be gone. Neither one of those schools leave the NWC if LB does not leave the BVC.

Name 1 other school within an hour of Findlay that wants to join the BVC with LB in it. Allen East or Bluffton? Nope. They just denied LB a position in their own league. Grove? Nope. Repeatedly shown they’re committed to the NWC. Patrick Henry? Bath? They’re committed to their leagues. So who’s it going to be? Another team that’s left the league in the last 10 years?

LB need to realize that their days of beating up on school much smaller than them will soon be coming to an end. If they want to be in a league they will need to join the small school division of the NLL.

Which they could likely contend for a title in this year.

That division is horrible.

With a whopping 255 pages on this thread, I'm thinking we should shut this one down and start a new one. Thoughts??

With a whopping 255 pages on this thread, I'm thinking we should shut this one down and start a new one. Thoughts??

Attachments

• IMG_3645.jpeg
    IMG_3645.jpeg
    64.4 KB · Views: 34
Which they could likely contend for a title in this year.

That division is horrible.
LB could just as likely lose to every team in the Cardinal as they could beat them, Ross, Clay, Southview and BG might all be favored against them. The Cardinal isn’t terrible and it’s a lot better than the BVC, it’s just not good D2 football. Two of the worst three NLL schools are actually in the Buckeye (NV & Springfield) so they wouldn’t be playing them.

LB could just as likely lose to every team in the Cardinal as they could beat them, Ross, Clay, Southview and BG might all be favored against them. The Cardinal isn’t terrible and it’s a lot better than the BVC, it’s just not good D2 football. Two of the worst three NLL schools are actually in the Buckeye (NV & Springfield) so they wouldn’t be playing them.

I know it's not 100% accurate or a great way of predicting, but it's all we have, soooo.....

According to Calpreps

LB 35 Southview 26
LB 42 BG 26
LB 31 Ross 21
LB 35 Napoleon 12
LB 38 Clay 21

My guess is they wouldn't actually go 5-0....but I give them better odds at going 5-0 than 1-4 or 0-5.

And no, the Cardinal isn't just "bad for D2." It's bad, period. None of those teams would win a single mid size or bigger league in the area. Not the WBL, not the NWOAL, not the NBC, maybe not even the BVC or NWC (where teams like LB, McComb, Grove, etc would compete just fine with them). Hell, probably not even the TCL with the Lima Senior addition. MAYBE they win the GMC but honestly....is that something for a D2/3 league to be happy with? That it's best team(s) MIGHT win a D6/7 league who historically struggles in the playoffs itself?

I mean hell, Lima played Northview as well as Southview did, and Clay and BG barely beat NV. Honestly, the bottom 7 plus Lima would be a fun league. Because none of them are good.

I know it's not 100% accurate or a great way of predicting, but it's all we have, soooo.....

According to Calpreps

LB 35 Southview 26
LB 42 BG 26
LB 31 Ross 21
LB 35 Napoleon 12
LB 38 Clay 21

My guess is they wouldn't actually go 5-0....but I give them better odds at going 5-0 than 1-4 or 0-5.

And no, the Cardinal isn't just "bad for D2." It's bad, period. None of those teams would win a single mid size or bigger league in the area. Not the WBL, not the NWOAL, not the NBC, maybe not even the BVC or NWC (where teams like LB, McComb, Grove, etc would compete just fine with them). Hell, probably not even the TCL with the Lima Senior addition. MAYBE they win the GMC but honestly....is that something for a D2/3 league to be happy with? That it's best team(s) MIGHT win a D6/7 league who historically struggles in the playoffs itself?

I mean hell, Lima played Northview as well as Southview did, and Clay and BG barely beat NV. Honestly, the bottom 7 plus Lima would be a fun league. Because none of them are good.
You’re using hypothetical scores from CalPreps, transitive property and a week one game vs the worst team in the division (who was actually leading defiance at half I believe) to guess how a team would do. How did calpreps have SV doing against Whitmer or LB vs Grove? I’m telling you even LB knows they would quickly struggle and definitely wouldn’t be as successful if they moved, you don’t have to believe it.

Liberty Benton would get thrashed by Clay, Southview, and Ross.

According to Calpreps

LB 35 Southview 26
LB 42 BG 26
LB 31 Ross 21
LB 35 Napoleon 12
LB 38 Clay 21

This is absurd.

With Elmwood returning is what I've heard, but I have no idea if that is true.

Ten is very do-able. Nine just creates scheduling problems.
10 is definitely doable. But if you're the NBC, why bother? 8 is the perfect number for every sport. Why purposefully add more schools when there's no intrinsic benefit.