Northwest Ohio Realignment

Look at places that have consolidated. The "lesser" town that does not get the school just shrivels up and dies. Any kids still there now have long bus rides which is another incentive for anyone with school age kids to leave, thus accelerating the shriveling effect.

The consolidated school now has more kids who come from distance. More busing, lower percentage who stay for extra-curriculars (sports, drama club, band, etc).

I am not saying it is not necessary at times, but it is a death knell to a small community. Might as well save time, knock down all the buildings and have more farm land.
I agree with that. Its the same with churches and parishes that merge. Ive seen it first hand.

However, there are some that may seem to make sense. Bucyrus and Bucyrus Wynford are literally only a mile or two apart. Im sure there are many other examples similar.

Ottoville and Fort Jennings both had brand new schools built around the same time in the last 20 years.

They're staying separate for a while.
I've heard both new schools have multiple empty classrooms now. Several years ago an Ottoville local told me that before the new schools were built there was a serious movement to consolidate in both communities. Wasn't supported by school administration. At the very least you would think both districts could share some administrators and teachers.

I've heard both new schools have multiple empty classrooms now. Several years ago an Ottoville local told me that before the new schools were built there was a serious movement to consolidate in both communities. Wasn't supported by school administration. At the very least you would think both districts could share some administrators and teachers.
One school could be used as the combined elementary and one could be used as the combined high school. Then we could see how many empty classrooms are left

A North Baltimore/McComb consolidation wouldn't be awful. Or Elmwood/North Baltimore.
I think we all could go on and on for consolidations, especially in NW Ohio...and quite honestly many make a ton of sense. But the reality is that it will never happen for most.

Old Fort absorbed Bettsville because of finances, but did not acquire their debt. I believe the State took care of that.

Newbury in NE Ohio was the last single-Twp school district left in Ohio. That district negotiated a deal to transfer ALL students to West Geauga rather than have students spread to neighboring districts.

Three miles part and on the same road. Combined enrollment would be roughly 300 boys grades 10-12 (Maumee is 291).

You start getting over 300, not sure the NBC would keep them. I think Northwood enrollment could increase here too in the next 5-10 years with the development they have planned being completed.

You start getting over 300, not sure the NBC would keep them. I think Northwood enrollment could increase here too in the next 5-10 years with the development they have planned being completed.

I mean, that's 25% of Rossford's football schedule...

And someone needs to account for the trains blocking LeMoyne Rd.

I think we all could go on and on for consolidations, especially in NW Ohio...and quite honestly many make a ton of sense. But the reality is that it will never happen for most.

Old Fort absorbed Bettsville because of finances, but did not acquire their debt. I believe the State took care of that.

Newbury in NE Ohio was the last single-Twp school district left in Ohio. That district negotiated a deal to transfer ALL students to West Geauga rather than have students spread to neighboring districts.
Especially when administration, teacher and support staff salaries are at risk

Three miles apart and on the same road. Combined enrollment would be roughly 300 boys grades 10-12 (Maumee is 291).
It’s a perfect target too because Northwood’s district itself is incredibly small. If I’m not mistaken it’s Tracy Rd over to the county border with the North/South border being Curtice Rd to Wales Rd/579

Happy 2nd Birthday Northwest Ohio Realignment!!
🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂

Screen Shot 2023-01-12 at 7.28.27 AM.png