Northwest Ohio Realignment

What a gauntlet.

Archbold, Coldwater, Eastwood, Elmwood, Liberty Center, Liberty Benton, Ottawa Glandorf, Port Clinton, and Tinora. Probably missing a few good ones too. Just quick glance. But that's 9 typically really good teams and I expect similar success from all in '22.

You've got your North Union, Genoa, Northwood, Otsego, and Indian Lake teams that have been solid/improving too. This region will be something else.
just think, not even 10 years ago would anyone dare put Port Clinton on this list.

The link to football divisions with enrollment and CB additions can be found here -
Central almost DIII and that is with CB. SJ is almost as bad. Central only trails Hoban in terms of CB numbers for DII. Cardinal Stritch has the highest CB multiplier for DVII.

Three DI schools in NWOhio.

If the Sylvania High School's were combined they would be the 15th biggest school in the state (boys sports). Whitmer is 18th.
I almost feel like I'm not getting more bang for my buck with the Johnnies

interesting competitive balance (cb) observation.....

Rossford has a CB number like a private school....37.... Columbus Bishop Hartley and Mentor Lake Catholic are at 39.....????

What's going on at Rossford....?

interesting competitive balance (cb) observation.....

Rossford has a CB number like a private school....37.... Columbus Bishop Hartley and Mentor Lake Catholic are at 39.....????

What's going on at Rossford....?
For the record Hartley and Lake Catholic are smaller schools but I get your point. Rossford went to open enrollment pretty early if I remember and have used it well.

The Bulldogs broke ground today on their new athletic facility. Revamped field house and football stadium over last several years as well.

Keep in mind, like everything in life not everyone equal. The private schools are fighting for survival and some public schools have figured it out as well. It does not take a rocket scientist to see which districts “get it” and which ones do not.

Lima Senior gets talked about a lot since they are usually the odd man out with conference realignment. With these new numbers it's interesting to see LS is near the bottom of Division II in terms of enrollment. Lima Senior is one of the 15 smallest schools in DII, but are still +21 up from DIII. Their CB enrollment number dropped from 432 with the 2020 enrollment to 396 with the new 2022 enrollment numbers. And no, I don't think LS hypothetically shrinking to D3 does much for them with getting them into the WBL. :ROFLMAO:

It’s a little sad to me that the current students and recent graduates at both Perrysburg and Maumee will never know the rivalry the way previous generations did. I think Anthony Wayne has somewhat filled the void for Perrysburg and Rossford may do the same for Maumee but it won’t ever be the same and have the tradition the “battle for the bell” once did

For the record Hartley and Lake Catholic are smaller schools but I get your point. Rossford went to open enrollment pretty early if I remember and have used it well.

The Bulldogs broke ground today on their new athletic facility. Revamped field house and football stadium over last several years as well.

Keep in mind, like everything in life not everyone equal. The private schools are fighting for survival and some public schools have figured it out as well. It does not take a rocket scientist to see which districts “get it” and which ones do not.
"getting it' as you use it, is not what interscholastic sports is supposed to be about....

It’s a little sad to me that the current students and recent graduates at both Perrysburg and Maumee will never know the rivalry the way previous generations did. I think Anthony Wayne has somewhat filled the void for Perrysburg and Rossford may do the same for Maumee but it won’t ever be the same and have the tradition the “battle for the bell” once did

Channel 36 filmed a pregame speech by Chris Werbylo before a Rossford-Perrysburg game several years ago...

To paraphrase: "You know what they think of you, your school, this town..."

Just seeing it on a 10 PM sportscast as a 40 year old guy I wanted to run through a brick wall.

A couple of years later we had an intern who'd graduated from Perrysburg...he told me about being at band practice outside the HS when a carload of kids from Rossford drove by the school during game week and hurled insults out the window. None of his bandmates could figure out what was going on...had no idea that Rossford viewed them as a rival.

Rossford was headed towards being Fostoria before the levy for the new schools passed. They always lost Catholic kids to the parochials, but were losing kids to Eastwood and Lake through open enrollment.
Amazon deciding to put their facilities there essentially paid for the $16M Athletics Training Facility they're building now too...they've been the big winner as far as capitalizing on corporate/industrial movement these last few years.

"getting it' as you use it, is not what interscholastic sports is supposed to be about....

He was refering to the "survival" aspect. IB, who certainly doesn't need me to speak for him but me, being the calmer and more reasonable saw an opportunity to do good. IB has NEVER promoted "recruiting" and speaks out against it regularly when education is not FIRST, SECOND and THIRD priority at a mimimum.

Channel 36 filmed a pregame speech by Chris Werbylo before a Rossford-Perrysburg game several years ago...

To paraphrase: "You know what they think of you, your school, this town..."

Just seeing it on a 10 PM sportscast as a 40 year old guy I wanted to run through a brick wall.

A couple of years later we had an intern who'd graduated from Perrysburg...he told me about being at band practice outside the HS when a carload of kids from Rossford drove by the school during game week and hurled insults out the window. None of his bandmates could figure out what was going on...had no idea that Rossford viewed them as a rival.
was probably from 2007 when Rossford upset Perrysburg. Ironically, Chris Werbylo was an assistant at Perrysburg after Rossford.

was probably from 2007 when Rossford upset Perrysburg. Ironically, Chris Werbylo was an assistant at Perrysburg after Rossford.

Was that an OT game? I know Rossford had a 3 or 4 game winning streak around 2001-2003 against Perrysburg when Roger Frank was still there, but '07 might have been the last decent Rossford team before the long losing streak that got Chris non-renewed and probably helped with the decision to bolt for the SLL/NBC.

Was that an OT game? I know Rossford had a 3 or 4 game winning streak around 2001-2003 against Perrysburg when Roger Frank was still there, but '07 might have been the last decent Rossford team before the long losing streak that got Chris non-renewed and probably helped with the decision to bolt for the SLL/NBC.
Yes it was. Both Rossford and Perrysburg made the playoffs that year.

Yes it was. Both Rossford and Perrysburg made the playoffs that year.

I think Rossford somehow wound up in DIII that year and wouldn't have made it if they'd been DIV.

I saw Brandon Huner on crutches at the Halloween Parade the Sunday before the playoffs started and figured it wouldn't be worth the drive to Sunbury.

I'd guess losses to Eastwood and Oak Harbor in non-conference and two league losses - probably Maumee and Southview. I can't remember the last time Rossford beat Maumee in football.