Northwest Ohio Realignment

They're still in that spot. Ada was 1-6 this year in NWC play, and they lost to Riverdale in week 2 who was 1-6 in the BVC. The competition in the BVC is very comparable to NWC, especially in football and boys basketball. They essentially made a lateral move to a league where they'll have more travel time and the same level of competition
I'd have to disagree. While they lost to Riverdale it appeared competitive and like I said before I think the same could be true against Arcadia, Van Buren, and Elmwood. And while they may get a win in the NWC the rest of the games are not competitive.

As for travel, both conferences look relatively similar to me.

What's the issue with NWCC and BVC having odd number schools for football?

I do think ADA going to BVC may not be exactly the same but very lateral. I believe we have more teams that are competitive at the top level in NWC than BVC, they only have 1-2 and it drops quick and often. We beat LB in football and I think Bluffton would also. I know Gilboa had a really good basektball team but we have more teams at the top than they do in basketball also.

I still think Ada made an dumb move in joining the BVC. They left the Northwest Conference where they're a bottom 1/3 team in most sports to join the BVC where they'll continue to be in the bottom 1/3. Some people have said it on here before, but they should have joined the NWCC.

Geographically it would have made perfect sense. They're a straight 15 minute shot from USV, Hardin Northern, and Cory Rawson, and less than 30 minutes from Perry, WG, and Temple. Competitively they would have been way better off too. I read a quote in the Lima News that said the seeds for leaving NWC started all the way back when USV was kicked from the league, so why wouldn't you look in that direction?
Does Ada have JV/freshman teams that many of the NWCC schools do not? If so that could be a reason to not go to NWCC.

Girls soccer too. Talk about self-inflicted pain. They were one of the smallest schools in the NWC but offered more sports than any other school and then wonder why they aren't competitive in them
Some schools try to do it all in an attempt to keep everyone happy. In the end they end up hurting themselves. And all those people you are trying to keep happy are the ones complaining the most, why are we winning.

What's the issue with NWCC and BVC having odd number schools for football?

I do think ADA going to BVC may not be exactly the same but very lateral. I believe we have more teams that are competitive at the top level in NWC than BVC, they only have 1-2 and it drops quick and often. We beat LB in football and I think Bluffton would also. I know Gilboa had a really good basektball team but we have more teams at the top than they do in basketball also.
To my understanding, Crestline told the NWCC at the end of the season they were going to 8 man football. They walked it back sometime after Thanksgiving, but the NWCC schools had already started to fill their open date. At this point, Crestline's schedule looks to be independent.

After Fall 24 & 25 seasons, LB will be exiting the BVC league play to presumably be an independent. BVC has no suitors looking to join at this point in time.

To my understanding, Crestline told the NWCC at the end of the season they were going to 8 man football. They walked it back sometime after Thanksgiving, but the NWCC schools had already started to fill their open date. At this point, Crestline's schedule looks to be independent.

After Fall 24 & 25 seasons, LB will be exiting the BVC league play to presumably be an independent. BVC has no suitors looking to join at this point in time.
From everything I've heard, LB to the NBC seems likely at this point. They just need another buddy to make it a 10 team league, and from the sounds of it Port Clinton is very interested

With the BVC and NWCC soon being 9 football members, I heard the idea floated for the two conferences to enter into an agreement where they would fill each other's open game each week rather than have to find an opponent for that one off week.

With the BVC and NWCC soon being 9 football members, I heard the idea floated for the two conferences to enter into an agreement where they would fill each other's open game each week rather than have to find an opponent for that one off week.

That sounds great for the teams with the week 4-10 bye.

Not so much for weeks 2 and 3.

I guess you could plan it out where a Ada-HN matchup and then something that might be competitive like CR-Arcadia happens though.

That sounds great for the teams with the week 4-10 bye.

Not so much for weeks 2 and 3.

I guess you could plan it out where a Ada-HN matchup and then something that might be competitive like CR-Arcadia happens though.
in an 8 team league, teams will only have a bye between week 4-10. 7 conference games.

Some schools try to do it all in an attempt to keep everyone happy. In the end they end up hurting themselves. And all those people you are trying to keep happy are the ones complaining the most, why are we winning.
Small schools that try to offer everything do end up it seems spreading themselves too thin. However, my school has over 2,000 students, offers EVERYTHING and we still stink haha.

There was interest but not enough agreement. The BVC doesn't have open weeks until Fall 26 while the NWCC has them now. The NWCC has more incentive to find a 10th member than the BVC and wanted to keep their options open.

There was interest but not enough agreement. The BVC doesn't have open weeks until Fall 26 while the NWCC has them now. The NWCC has more incentive to find a 10th member than the BVC and wanted to keep their options open.
Gotcha, any word on if any schools have interest in joining NWCC?

No word I have heard but if Arcadia went over that would give each league eventual even numbers and they might have a chance to compete
Well, like I said earlier, they are competitive in all the other sports outside of football, and field JV teams so I don't think moving to the NWCC would be a wise move.