Northeastern Buckeye Conference 2012

Lion40, WB will most likely match up a lot better with the teams in the NBC this year than they did Kirtland. I didn't like the effort Friday but I do realize that the the Hornets are loaded and I believe would dominate our league this year. The Warrior passing attack will come around if they get the ground game going like they hopefully will.

I still beleive that West Branch is the team to beat. Unfortunately, I now think that they will be. Coming in I had them going 8-2 overall and 6-1 in the conference, I've readjusted slightly downward but I still think they will be in the hunt.

The NBC is going to be very exciting this year. Not nearly as top heavy like most years, but more balanced. I've got a week six game circled on my calendar, the winner will get at least a share of the title.

Lion40,
I believe you're correct. WB needs to surprise teams by throwing the ball. You could see Kirtland was just stacked in the box with 9 an 10 guys. They were daring us to throw. That Kirtland team is darn good and well coached. I think they would win our league. But WB has got to tweak some things. The potential and players are there to win.

Lion40,
I believe you're correct. WB needs to surprise teams by throwing the ball. You could see Kirtland was just stacked in the box with 9 an 10 guys. They were daring us to throw. That Kirtland team is darn good and well coached. I think they would win our league. But WB has got to tweak some things. The potential and players are there to win.

I love the consistent excuse making by the WB contingent on here- Kirtland was stacked and they would RUN our league. Keep up with that school of thought and we WILL watch you finish at the bottom of the standings.

The Leps just shudder at the thought of playing a school like Kirtland....give me a break :laugh:

I love the consistent excuse making by the WB contingent on here- Kirtland was stacked and they would RUN our league. Keep up with that school of thought and we WILL watch you finish at the bottom of the standings.

The Leps just shudder at the thought of playing a school like Kirtland....give me a break :laugh:

:clap: :clap:

You Louisville fans always feel you're above everyone else...Can't wait to make it two in a row this year!

I have a lot of respect for Louisville coaches...with the amount of nonsense they have to deal with from Lep fans/parents, it's quite remarkable how most of them haven't left for better pastures when I know they did have better opportunities.

And trust me, one of my best friends is a huge Leopard supporter. He's told me stories...

In fact, there's a coach that would love to be in a community like Louisville that cares, but is afraid Louisville's fanbase is "too toxic". That it won't be worth being a part of the athletic program in their particular sport. He does read these boards(all of them...football, basketball, baseball, softball, etc.)...

All you're doing is proving his point. Just because Kirtland is DV doesn't mean they're not one of the best teams in the state of Ohio. If they played you guys 10 times this year, I guarantee you they would beat you four to five times AT LEAST...

Last edited:
And it's not an excuse...if you heard what any of us WB posters said on here, we were very critical of the team's performance last friday. We're not making excuses...

If we played Canfield, we wouldn't of let them back in the game like Louisville did...We have the two toughest non conference schedules in the NBC; HOWEVER, I feel our 3 teams would do better against your 3 non conference opponents than yours would against us...

I'll give you an example of Louisville fans only caring about themselves and feeling above everyone else:

At West Branch, a softball game between Louisville and West Branch, Louisville had runners on 3rd and 1st I believe. Leopard batter hit a line drive right back at the pitcher, which knocked her down/out...obviously, the run scored from 3rd...

I was going back and forth between the baseball and softball game that day at West Branch, and saw that event occur. As I was walking to someone to see what happen, how's she doing, etc., all I could hear was a Louisville couple wondering when they would put that run on the scoreboard, and why they haven't put the run on the scoreboard yet, WHILE THE PLAYER WAS STILL NOT MOVING...

and that's just the beginning of what i've experienced...Back in my high school days, we had a baseball playoff game in 09 i believe that louisville won...on our way back from Thurman Munson towards Beloit, we had a group of louisville students pull up next to us and start flipping us off...

Once again, that's only a couple of what i've seen and heard...

Last edited:
Nice broad brush stroke on Louisville Athletics. I must have a hit a nerve based on the amount of posts you made and how angry they were.

I have had my fair share of dealings with WB athletics and have experienced some of the same. The difference is that I don't make it a basis in the discussion for what your team is currently doing. You can speculate on what if's, throw out your alleged nasty stories and do whatever you like if it makes you feel better.

Meanwhile, as you are playing D5 teams, losing and talking trash- the team will prepare for its D1 opponent this week.

lol @ LepsLB, Nobody was making excuses, as a matter of fact we were very critical of our own performance last week and probably harder on them than we should of been. Just pointing out that we did play a defending state champ with a good portion of their team back. Like it or not that d5 school would have destroyed d1 Hoover last year and probably this year too.They are solid at every position, good size and great speed, experienced qb and a running back that's at least as good as Thomas from Marlington. Everybody knows the Leps tradition. You don' t have to get all offended.

lol @ LepsLB, Nobody was making excuses, as a matter of fact we were very critical of our own performance last week and probably harder on them than we should of been. Just pointing out that we did play a defending state champ with a good portion of their team back. Like it or not that d5 school would have destroyed d1 Hoover last year and probably this year too.They are solid at every position, good size and great speed, experienced qb and a running back that's at least as good as Thomas from Marlington. Everybody knows the Leps tradition. You don' t have to get all offended.

I agree, Kirtland isn't a joke and they would probably win our league no doubt. But it is hard for me to believe that they are 32 points better than the winner of the NBC. West Branch has improvements to make, but so does Louisville.

I surely wouldn't sleep on the Warriors, but that being said if the Leopards reach their full potential they can play with anyone in the NBC. Should be fun, see ya in the Ville Week 8!

Perhaps I should just make the WB-Louisville thread now? :thumb:

You Louisville fans always feel you're above everyone else...Can't wait to make it two in a row this year!

I have a lot of respect for Louisville coaches...with the amount of nonsense they have to deal with from Lep fans/parents, it's quite remarkable how most of them haven't left for better pastures when I know they did have better opportunities.

And trust me, one of my best friends is a centerpiece of Louisville athletics. He's told me stories...

In fact, there's a coach that would love to be in a community like Louisville that cares, but is afraid Louisville's fanbase is "too toxic". That it won't be worth being a part of the athletic program in their particular sport. He does read these boards(all of them...football, basketball, baseball, softball, etc.)...

All you're doing is proving his point. Just because Kirtland is DV doesn't mean they're not one of the best teams in the state of Ohio. If they played you guys 10 times this year, I guarantee you they would beat you four to five times AT LEAST...

Noooo....They would beat Louisville 10 outta 10. They're that good.

I don't think it is so much that Louisville people think they are above every one else, I think it's more we believe our kids work harder and bring a different attitude than some others.

Some serious prognostication going on here. I've been around this game for a long time, and how some of you can predict this stuff after week one really impresses me. I wold like to extend an offer to some of you, with these specific skills, to accompany me on my next trip to Vegas. Highschool football is a 10 week distance run....not a one game sprint. I've watched my team go from 2-2 to the state final....i've also watched a 10-0 team get beat in the first round. So...let's not crown Krtland as world beaters, because they beat WB....let's not sell out WB because they lost to Kirtland...and let's play a couple more games to give everybody a better look at what is really out there. Alot of promising teams can get chewed up by injuries....trust me.

All the Louisville fans that I know and have talked to at their games, have all been pretty respectful. Not one has said not one word bad about WB
I have a lot of respect for those people. Even some of the players were very kind when approached. Now are all of them like that? I don't know. But the ones I have encountered have nothing but positive things to say about West Branch

Some serious prognostication going on here. I've been around this game for a long time, and how some of you can predict this stuff after week one really impresses me. I wold like to extend an offer to some of you, with these specific skills, to accompany me on my next trip to Vegas. Highschool football is a 10 week distance run....not a one game sprint. I've watched my team go from 2-2 to the state final....i've also watched a 10-0 team get beat in the first round. So...let's not crown Krtland as world beaters, because they beat WB....let's not sell out WB because they lost to Kirtland...and let's play a couple more games to give everybody a better look at what is really out there. Alot of promising teams can get chewed up by injuries....trust me.

Agreed

No worries, I am/was not offended at all. I just hate to see-after one game- the categorization of the league and fellow teams, base on one game. I guess I should have directed it at the original poster and not all WB fans. My mistake.

For the record, my guess is that WB is not nearly that bad and Kirtland is not nearly that good, when the season as a whole is complete.

Ursuline was in the hunt last yr making the playoffs with a 4-6 record. playing d 1 schools didn't help them last yr but it did help Kirkland. Kirkland and ursuline meet every yr an last yr they got a break. Not taking anything away from the hornets but I talked with few fans last season when they played at Harding stadium wk 13. They were beyond thrilled the Irish missed getting in. But at the end the day none that matters anymore. As for this philly matchup. I don't care how good people say they are. I've seen them go 10-0 and get drilled wk 11 by Louisville. They have went 9-1 an missed the playoffs before. I think west branch wins tonight. I just believe they will step up earn some playoff points for themselves and the nbc. Good luck to all NBC teams tonight

Kirtland has been playing good football for a few years now. They lost to 15-0 state champ Ursuline in 2008 by 18-17. It was the closest game the Irish had all year. That included wins over Massillon and Mooney. If they can compete with Ursuline I'm pretty sure they could compete with teams in the NBC in recent years. All I said was I think WB will LIKELY match up better with the teams in the NBC judging by what I saw last year and who was coming back. Not saying they're world beaters but an experienced talented team coming off a 15-0 season.

Ursuline was in the hunt last yr making the playoffs with a 4-6 record. playing d 1 schools didn't help them last yr but it did help Kirkland. Kirkland and ursuline meet every yr an last yr they got a break. Not taking anything away from the hornets but I talked with few fans last season when they played at Harding stadium wk 13. They were beyond thrilled the Irish missed getting in. But at the end the day none that matters anymore. As for this philly matchup. I don't care how good people say they are. I've seen them go 10-0 and get drilled wk 11 by Louisville. They have went 9-1 an missed the playoffs before. I think west branch wins tonight. I just believe they will step up earn some playoff points for themselves and the nbc. Good luck to all NBC teams tonight

I agree, I don't buy New Philly until I see it. West Branch is going to want to erase last week. This should be a good game, but I can see the Branch coming out on top!

I also don't buy that Hoover is just going to easily erase last year's 50-7 Louisville win. North Canton very well might be a lot better and beat us, but until I see I'm going to have last year's blowout on my mind.

No worries, I am/was not offended at all. I just hate to see-after one game- the categorization of the league and fellow teams, base on one game. I guess I should have directed it at the original poster and not all WB fans. My mistake.

For the record, my guess is that WB is not nearly that bad and Kirtland is not nearly that good, when the season as a whole is complete.

Kirtland is pretty good odds to win the D5 title again .

I agree, I don't buy New Philly until I see it. West Branch is going to want to erase last week. This should be a good game, but I can see the Branch coming out on top!

I also don't buy that Hoover is just going to easily erase last year's 50-7 Louisville win. North Canton very well might be a lot better and beat us, but until I see I'm going to have last year's blowout on my mind.

WB will have to make a 180 to beat New Philly tonight. 2nd best team on WB's schedule this yr.

Maybe this is a result of some dogmatism on my part but I really don't have a lot of respect for the ECOL as a whole. This isn't to say that I don't respect Dover and N.Phila BUT those two schools have an easier path to the playoffs every year compared to the teams in the NBC. Of course, they have to 'get up' to play their tougher OOC games but a lot of their consistency is a result of sub-par competition week in and week out IMO.

I'm taking WB in a close game over at Heacock Stadium.

Based on hearing best team on the schedule second best ect . nightmare sent me some info .cal preps. west branch is the #262 team in Ohio. Kirkland #11 ,new philly #68,minerva #70,marlington. #89,Louisville. #104 ,followed by Salem #445,carrollton #419,alliance 394,streetboro. 323, and south #295. So there based on best teams on the schedule looks like your goin 5-5. haha

You might be correct about 5-5. Maybe not. Who knows? I wonder how the talk on here might have differed if WB had played Field and Minerva had played Kirtland the first week. Who knows? haha

I saw Philly against Marlington, the eye test says Philly would beat Louisville this year. Maybe West Branch plays inspired football this week and New Philly comes in overconfident and limps back to Tuscarawas County with a loss.

You might be correct about 5-5. Maybe not. Who knows? I wonder how the talk on here might have differed if WB had played Field and Minerva had played Kirtland the first week. Who knows? haha

I do know minerva wouldn't have talked badly about there team. Maverick describes minerva perfectly. there young and there gonna improve each game. We have some nice talent and we will see what happens. our guys are confident and hungry to win. and in hs football that goes a long way. hopefully wb Gains some tonight.