NFL Wants to charge double

Broadcast TV viewership for years has been falling off for the big 4 (ABC, CBS, FOX & NBC) due to cable and streaming shows yet the NFL ratings has been steady for the most part. The 5 highest rated tv shows for 2019-2020 were: 1) Sunday Night Football 20.1 2) NCIS 15.3 3) Thursday Night Football 15.0 4) Monday Night Football 12.8 5) FBI 12.6 Also, the demographics of NFL viewing are what the advertisers want; 18-45 year old males who spend $$$. The NFL is close to a $20 billion a year revenue industry and as the article above stated, it is expected to only increase in interest as on-line betting increases. Eventually people could bet on a NFL games next play call being a pass or run, a fake punt, who catches the next pass, who scores the next td, who makes the next sack - all during the course of the game either at their home or in the stadium itself.

Wasn't it just a few years ago people were swearing off the NFL due to the Colin Kapernick situation? It appears that was simply a speed bump for the NFL. The NFL is a well oiled machine that just seems to keep cranking out $$$. I guess that's why the NFL Commissioner makes $40+ million a year.

Broadcast TV viewership for years has been falling off for the big 4 (ABC, CBS, FOX & NBC) due to cable and streaming shows yet the NFL ratings has been steady for the most part. The 5 highest rated tv shows for 2019-2020 were: 1) Sunday Night Football 20.1 2) NCIS 15.3 3) Thursday Night Football 15.0 4) Monday Night Football 12.8 5) FBI 12.6 Also, the demographics of NFL viewing are what the advertisers want; 18-45 year old males who spend $$$. The NFL is close to a $20 billion a year revenue industry and as the article above stated, it is expected to only increase in interest as on-line betting increases. Eventually people could bet on a NFL games next play call being a pass or run, a fake punt, who catches the next pass, who scores the next td, who makes the next sack - all during the course of the game either at their home or in the stadium itself.

Wasn't it just a few years ago people were swearing off the NFL due to the Colin Kapernick situation? It appears that was simply a speed bump for the NFL. The NFL is a well oiled machine that just seems to keep cranking out $$$. I guess that's why the NFL Commissioner makes $40+ million a year.
Ok, we shall see.

The black players.
Well of course they hate that the league is a majority black but it’s actually that the black players started misbehaving and weren’t showing proper respect . Kneeling for the anthem was the last straw . The first one was that they were black . That’s bad enough , but when they start not knowing their place ? They just couldn’t take it and were done watching (. Or so they said )

Well of course they hate that the league is a majority black but it’s actually that the black players started misbehaving and weren’t showing proper respect . Kneeling for the anthem was the last straw . The first one was that they were black . That’s bad enough , but when they start not knowing their place ? They just couldn’t take it and were done watching (. Or so they said )
You 2 have it all figured out. Race baiters

Sears failed, GM failed/was bailed out, boxing & horse racing were America’s #1 & #2 sports in 1900, baseball took over in the 1920’s and gave way to football by the 1970’s/1980’s. Heck Rome only lasted for 700 years or so. So too will football someday see it’s demise as America’s pastime but my friends that day is not today - the NFL is America’s top dog and they will accordingly be paid with a substantial increase.

Last edited:
Sears failed, GM failed/was bailed out, boxing & horse racing were America’s #1 & #2 sports in 1900, baseball took over in the 1920’s and gave way to football by the 1970’s/1980’s. Heck Rome only lasted for 700 years or so. So too will football someday see it’s demise as America’s pastime but my friends that day is not today - the NFL is America’s top dog and they will accordingly be paid with a substantial increase.
Let's chat after stimulus and fed printing of money. It just doesn't add up, but neither does the stock market.

Can't be that cuz I hate the nba but I have season tickets for the nfl

Then again, white liberals often have simplistic brains so they go to race in an effort to appear more well rounded and cultural. In reality, this is the most close minded and live in a bubble group that you will find

Can't be that cuz I hate the nba but I have season tickets for the nfl

Then again, white liberals often have simplistic brains so they go to race in an effort to appear more well rounded and cultural. In reality, this is the most close minded and live in a bubble group that you will find
Umm well lets see. 'Some" said that once 'Some " players started kneeling for the national anthem to protest police brutality against blacks that they were done with the NFL , of course the players kneeling were black. I've lived in 5 different regions of the country , no bubble and certainly not close minded. Pretty obvious what was going on and has gone on . So rural whites just happen to be the least likely to watch the NBA ? Coincidence ? They don't live in a bubble and aren't the least close minded? Who more likely vowed to boycott or stop watching the NFL? Liberals ? or Conservatives?

The NFL will not be going anywhere for some time. Yes eventually there will be something that will over take it but with a 10 year collective bargaining agreement in hand that allows for an expanded season the owners have a fixed labor cost with more inventory so even if they shed a few viewers they will make more $s. Additionally they are one of the few things left that folks watch live so advertisers will continue to flock to this product to get in front of in demand consumers. If Disney balks then Amazon is teed up and ready to step in or maybe Netflix gets into the game to create new content on those platforms.

By the way they may have the landscape to themselves in 2022. Don't look now but MLB is getting ready for a nasty work stoppage in 2022 and the NCAA model will look drastically different when name, image, and likeness starts to be applied that year.

Umm well lets see. 'Some" said that once 'Some " players started kneeling for the national anthem to protest police brutality against blacks that they were done with the NFL , of course the players kneeling were black. I've lived in 5 different regions of the country , no bubble and certainly not close minded. Pretty obvious what was going on and has gone on . So rural whites just happen to be the least likely to watch the NBA ? Coincidence ? They don't live in a bubble and aren't the least close minded? Who more likely vowed to boycott or stop watching the NFL? Liberals ? or Conservatives?
Liberals are known for boycotts way more. See chic fila , goya etc. Many other examples.

Many are like me. Hate one league and not another. Both the nba and nfl are majority black and both did the kneeling and such. Race is a go to for liberals. Could have more to do with not agreeing with the bs groups like blm who are run by Marxists rather than hating black people.

Yeah harry you are so open-minded on here. Right ?

I'm glad you've suddenly lived all over the place after resorting to talking about rich asians making Dublin so diverse in prior conversations on here

Auggie - I agree with everything you said, especially the NFL being one of the few things Americans still watch live.

Speaking Amazon, Jeff Bezos has been trying to purchase a minority share of the Washington Redskins from 3 minority owners but majority owner Daniel Snyder has been trying to block the sale. Bezos claims he has support of other NFL owners in becoming involved in the league.

Not really . What do you hate most about the NFL ?

Their stance on the National Anthem and allowing players to kneel and put the names on their jersey but did not allow others to put slain Police Officers on theres.....

The wussification of the league and the rule changes that followed.

The total break down of basics and the "look at me" attitude that has taken over. Who cares that they just completed a 30 yard pass but I hit the guy really hard..... look at me!!!!!! ....

Auggie - I agree with everything you said, especially the NFL being one of the few things Americans still watch live.

Speaking Amazon, Jeff Bezos has been trying to purchase a minority share of the Washington Redskins from 3 minority owners but majority owner Daniel Snyder has been trying to block the sale. Bezos claims he has support of other NFL owners in becoming involved in the league.

Sorry sir but you have been cancelled. It is the Washington Football club.

I also boycotted the Premier League.... huh, not too many blacks in that league but yet I boycotted it. Also the MLS... again, not many blacks and yet I boycotted. Also boycotted the womens National Soccer team..... as well as others. Boycotted Netflix.... hmm, is that black???? A&E..... is that black????

No, it has nothing to do with the color of someone's skin. It has everything to do with groups that support BLM and the killing of Police Officers...

As for the NBA, never watched it and never cared for it. Just don't like the NBA game but if I did I would also be boycotting it.

So... what do I fall under according to your questions..... What is your definition of a "white" person?

No, not everyone who kneeled was black and the color of ones skin has nothing to do with it. If it was all whites doing it my stance remains the same.

I do not live in a bubble as I was not born here and lived in several countries before coming here. I've seen real racism and it is disgusting and very disturbing. Do not sugar coat what is real with the new "fake" racism that you are selling.

What is obvious? That people that live in small towns are all racist???? If that is what you are saying then you are more disturbed than most. There is a difference between being racist and being ignorant about something.

What am I, Liberal? Conservative? ... I dunno..... many state that I am more Democratic than Republican so I don't know what that makes me....

Liberals are known for boycotts way more. See chic fila , goya etc. Many other examples.

Many are like me. Hate one league and not another. Both the nba and nfl are majority black and both did the kneeling and such. Race is a go to for liberals. Could have more to do with not agreeing with the bs groups like blm who are run by Marxists rather than hating black people.

Yeah harry you are so open-minded on here. Right ?

I'm glad you've suddenly lived all over the place after resorting to talking about rich asians making Dublin so diverse in prior conversations on here

Who stopped watching ( or said they did ) the.NFL because those sons of biotiches and ungrateful black
Players kneeled during the anthem for a phony protest about police brutality to minorities ? I think the conservatives dwarfed the liberals here . Have lived in five regions of the country . Great experience . Will have a dual residence in the near future . What’s that have to do with Dublin you angry fool ?

I also boycotted the Premier League.... huh, not too many blacks in that league but yet I boycotted it. Also the MLS... again, not many blacks and yet I boycotted. Also boycotted the womens National Soccer team..... as well as others. Boycotted Netflix.... hmm, is that black???? A&E..... is that black????

No, it has nothing to do with the color of someone's skin. It has everything to do with groups that support BLM and the killing of Police Officers...

As for the NBA, never watched it and never cared for it. Just don't like the NBA game but if I did I would also be boycotting it.

So... what do I fall under according to your questions..... What is your definition of a "white" person?

No, not everyone who kneeled was black and the color of ones skin has nothing to do with it. If it was all whites doing it my stance remains the same.

I do not live in a bubble as I was not born here and lived in several countries before coming here. I've seen real racism and it is disgusting and very disturbing. Do not sugar coat what is real with the new "fake" racism that you are selling.

What is obvious? That people that live in small towns are all racist???? If that is what you are saying then you are more disturbed than most. There is a difference between being racist and being ignorant about something.

What am I, Liberal? Conservative? ... I dunno..... many state that I am more Democratic than Republican so I don't know what that makes me....
I hope you’re well . But you’ve seemed to have boycotted life in general . Again be well hope all is well

Who stopped watching ( or said they did ) the.NFL because those sons of biotiches and ungrateful black
Players kneeled during the anthem for a phony protest about police brutality to minorities ? I think the conservatives dwarfed the liberals here . Have lived in five regions of the country . Great experience . Will have a dual residence in the near future . What’s that have to do with Dublin you angry fool ?
You've all of a sudden lived all over after having to resort to defending Dublin being diverse because they have rich asians ..

Tell me about the areas you've all of a sudden lived. Would love to hear it

Sure as heck didn't make you open minded at all judging by your demeanor on here

I didn't boycott anything. Never have. I have season tickets for the nfl.

Last edited:
You've all of a sudden lived all over after having to defend Dublin being diverse because they have rich asians ..

Tell me about the areas you've all of a sudden lived. Would love to hear it

Sure as heck didn't make you open minded at all judging by your demeanor on here

I didn't boycott anything. Never have. I have season tickets for the nfl.
If someone has to tell you how diverse they are it's most likely a lie. Like I have black friends so I can't be racist.