NFL News

Not true at all. They're great fans - very loyal, just like Browns fans are. And Bills fans are also very generous. The Dalton phenomena where Bills fans donated $500,000 dollars to his charity in small donations, is just one example.

Remember, the late Ralph Wilson was the only NFL owner to vote NO on the original Browns move to Baltimore. IMO Bills & Browns fans are easily BOTH in the top 5 for best & most loyal fans in the NFL.

Bengals "fans" stay at home if their team is merely okay. BTW, NFL draft coming to Cleveland 2021.

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2019/05/browns-and-cleveland-to-host-the-2021-nfl-draft.html

Richie Incognito.....wow
Suspended for two games for incident at funeral home after death of father:

Funeral home employees allegedly told police that Incognito wanted to cut his father’s head off and walked throughout the building punching caskets and throwing things, per the Rochester Democrat & Chronicle

Suspended for two games for incident at funeral home after death of father:

Funeral home employees allegedly told police that Incognito wanted to cut his father’s head off and walked throughout the building punching caskets and throwing things, per the Rochester Democrat & Chronicle

Grieving can be a complex process for some of us....

Ok, let me get this straight...kids go to school, start playing sports when they are young, mainly because they love the game. They discover they are good enough they may be able to make a career of it. They have a very, very limited window to earn money playing a game. I'll also add more money than generations past in playing a game.
So with this limited time, you'd think they'd want to play every moment they could, because for most, they will be done playing before the turn 30 years old.

So LeVeon Bell and Melvin Gordon...why in the heck do you voluntarily sit out??

Ok, let me get this straight...kids go to school, start playing sports when they are young, mainly because they love the game. They discover they are good enough they may be able to make a career of it. They have a very, very limited window to earn money playing a game. I'll also add more money than generations past in playing a game.
So with this limited time, you'd think they'd want to play every moment they could, because for most, they will be done playing before the turn 30 years old.

It's all about the Benjamin's baby. But we already knew that. The agents get into their heads and pretty much force their hands on what to do. Players compartmentalize the game and business side of it and hide behind the narrative that the agents control the business side.

Then you have their egos in wanting to be the highest paid at their spot and feel disrespected when some so called lesser playera gets more. If more teams call these players bluffs then maybe we see less?
What was the final narrative on leveon bell? He left money on the table per se from the Steelers offer but got more guarenteed up front. Do the players see him holding out a season as a win for bell? If they perceive it as a win then yeah his will continue.

I don’t have a problem with football players holding out asking for more money for 2 reasons:

1. A football player’s career can be ended very quickly. Also some teams just abuse running backs. Remember Arian Foster and how his career just came to a crashing halt?

2. The NFL is making billions of dollars. $20 million a year is chump change in the billionaire club

In any other business if you're the best at what you do but getting paid less than people not as talented as you you move on to a place where you can get more money. These guys have similar feelings combined with a life of having smoke blown up their keesters ever since they started playing football.

It's all about the Benjamin's baby. But we already knew that. The agents get into their heads and pretty much force their hands on what to do. Players compartmentalize the game and business side of it and hide behind the narrative that the agents control the business side.

Then you have their egos in wanting to be the highest paid at their spot and feel disrespected when some so called lesser playera gets more. If more teams call these players bluffs then maybe we see less?
What was the final narrative on leveon bell? He left money on the table per se from the Steelers offer but got more guarenteed up front. Do the players see him holding out a season as a win for bell? If they perceive it as a win then yeah his will continue.
But how many times do we see guys who do this regret it in the end? Their careers are so short to begin with. I just don't get it.

In any other business if you're the best at what you do but getting paid less than people not as talented as you you move on to a place where you can get more money. These guys have similar feelings combined with a life of having smoke blown up their keesters ever since they started playing football.
My question always comes to this...how many millions do you need? You have a very limited time to make money, why sit out?

My question always comes to this...how many millions do you need? You have a very limited time to make money, why sit out?

You realize that the same shelf life is also a reason for them to hold out for more money, right? The lack of guaranteed money also limits their possible money.

Ok, what's the right course of action? It seems like alot of guys get hurt the first few days of training camp? I mean don't we have the best trainers, best nutrition, best weight conditioning? Why are these guys so brittle now?

I think we need to go back to the days where these guys are doing more workouts as a team, just lifting weights and eating right doesn't seem to be working anymore.

Ok, what's the right course of action? It seems like alot of guys get hurt the first few days of training camp? I mean don't we have the best trainers, best nutrition, best weight conditioning? Why are these guys so brittle now?

I think we need to go back to the days where these guys are doing more workouts as a team, just lifting weights and eating right doesn't seem to be working anymore.

I think the old view of training like a madman in the off-season has died off a little as players are seeing it as accelerating them wearing down later in the season. As a result, they come into camp in good enough condition to get through the conditioning tests but not in football shape.

You realize that the same shelf life is also a reason for them to hold out for more money, right? The lack of guaranteed money also limits their possible money.
That's a big gamble, especially when they can be easily replaced. LeVeon Bell went from a perennial playoff team to a bad team. Wonder how long he lasts?

The guys that do it aren't generally the replaceable ones. Conner stepped fairly well for the Steelers, but he's no Bell. Who on the Saints or COwboys will replace Thomas or Elliott?

...and now AB says he won't play unless the NFL and the Raiders let him use his old helmet. I really enjoyed it when he gave the Steelers grief. I may be enjoying this nearly as much.

Last edited:
I can not imagine this is the max value one could extract for a 26 year old elite pass rusher. They would have got a 3rd rd compensatory pick if they just let Clowney walk, so that's a wash. So they basically traded him for one average player and one worthless player.

Another example of why unless your coach is Bill Belichick, your head coach and GM should be two different people.

Last edited:
Wow,, big trade

Texans acquired LT Laremy Tunsil, WR Kenny Stills, and a fourth-round pick from the Dolphins in exchange for two first-round picks, a second-round pick, DB Johnson Bademosi, and OT Julie'n Davenport

For everyone who constantly sides with the players and is always against front offices, I give you Antonio Brown. This is what happens when you allow players to control the game. It's what happens in the NBA all the time, this is football.

The Antonio Brown saga is the gift that just keeps on giving. It could only be better if he was still with the Steelers. I hope that they can find a way that they don't have to pay him but he can't sign with another team. At this point, I'd just provoke him to keep it up.

The Antonio Brown saga is the gift that just keeps on giving. It could only be better if he was still with the Steelers. I hope that they can find a way that they don't have to pay him but he can't sign with another team. At this point, I'd just provoke him to keep it up.

Big Ben was getting a lot of blame... AB was the issue. He is terrible. What a cancer for a team!

So AB calls the GM a "cracker" in his heated argument...now he issues an "emotional apology"...and all is supposed to be forgiven? Imagine if a white player called his GM a "n-word", he'd probably be out of the league by now. I'm guessing there are 30 other teams in the league right now who are glad they didn't trade for him.