NFL News

Which means that the Bengals will not draft him.

You don't think the home-boy factor will tip the scales ? I do.

He's the best prospect in the eyes of many, and he checks a box for Brown that no one else can. If he intends to keep the team, it's hard to see an old-school guy like Brown passing up free marketing.

Was it mere Fool's Gold for Josh Allen against the lame Dolphins D yesterday, or is he progressing ?

Baker had better shine. Too bad it isn't being played in Miami this coming weekend.

Better question, does Taylor return if they go winless? My guess is he will, unless he chooses to resign. My preference is to let him go and try to hire Saleh (49ers DC). I’m sure Matt Rhule will get an NFL job, but I can’t see hiring a college coach to fix this s**t show, it’s just too much for someone just entering the League.

Better question, does Taylor return if they go winless? My guess is he will, unless he chooses to resign. My preference is to let him go and try to hire Saleh (49ers DC). I’m sure Matt Rhule will get an NFL job, but I can’t see hiring a college coach to fix this s**t show, it’s just too much for someone just entering the League.
Mike brown traditionally is too cheap to fire a coach and still pay him

I thought Zac had them ready to play yesterday, which I guess is a good sign for a HC. If the Steelers are without there two top receivers and running back Sunday Bengals might have a chance. They are going to have to pick it up offensively cause I don’t think they do much against the Pittsburgh defense.

He 100% will return. Benching Dalton guaranteed his return.

I thought Zac had them ready to play yesterday, which I guess is a good sign for a HC. If the Steelers are without there two top receivers and running back Sunday Bengals might have a chance. They are going to have to pick it up offensively cause I don’t think they do much against the Pittsburgh defense.
Losing to this current roster Bengal team would be a huge embarrassment. They start Bobby Hart and that Jerry fool. I mean, come on. Honestly, the best question is should Gruden be fired for not winning by 3 tds at home?

Burrow is definitely the odds on favorite for the Bengals to select. I’d be shocked if they don’t select him if available.
Poor kid. Seems like two years will be lost, at least. As a first rounder, he'll be kept for a fifth year option. Maybe the best thing would be to let him run scout O and ride Dalton, tanking another year. It's hard to tank if you won't trade out of high picks into later years.

Poor kid. Seems like two years will be lost, at least. As a first rounder, he'll be kept for a fifth year option. Maybe the best thing would be to let him run scout O and ride Dalton, tanking another year. It's hard to tank if you won't trade out of high picks into later years.
Probably still be much better than Mayfield. Lol.

Is that to say that tanking may be an organizational goal that he is on board with because he's been assured another season, or that Mike Brown does the opposite of what an owner should do ?
Mike Brown is a putz of an owner, but he’s a fair guy for the most part. He knows Taylor had zero chance to win and he won’t fire him for it.

I believe in both of them, actually.

Relative success or failure is likely to come down to the team around them. In that, Mayfield certainly has a decided edge at this point.

Time will tell.
I generally don’t have much faith in hyped college qbs. Burrow and Mayfield are more likely to flame out than to be elite. That’s why it’s a stupid crime to not play the long game and stockpile drafts picks for vet assets. Brown is taking a risk he is the smartest guy in the room, when he’s actually just the opposite, just a sperm lucky boob. I suppose there’s a “chance” he gets lucky in the draft.

The Bengals are pretty bad, but they're not unsalvageable. Skill positions are okay with a healthy Green, Boyd, Mixon and two decent tight ends. Use the draft and a little money in free agency to draft the right QB and rebuild the line and defense and they could get back to respectable in a couple of years.

Unfortunately, with Brown in charge, this is damn near impossible.

So now Foles goes to the bench for Minshew. I never got the infatuation for Foles and now the Jags, after a $50M investment are regretting their investment.

I think the confidence in NE is at an all time low since TB has become the starter.
Was watching the game Sunday. 1:42 to go in the half when the Phins were stopped on 3rd down and the Pats had all 3 TOs and were going to get decent field position.

NE did not call a TO and lost the 40 seconds.
Then on first down did a run play and ran out the clock.

I could not believe it. They could have gotten the ball at the 30 or so with 1:35 or so to go and 2 TOs in a tie game.

Something is afoot in NE.

I think the confidence in NE is at an all time low since TB has become the starter.
Was watching the game Sunday. 1:42 to go in the half when the Phins were stopped on 3rd down and the Pats had all 3 TOs and were going to get decent field position.

NE did not call a TO and lost the 40 seconds.
Then on first down did a run play and ran out the clock.

I could not believe it. They could have gotten the ball at the 30 or so with 1:35 or so to go and 2 TOs in a tie game.

Something is afoot in NE.
It’s been a strange year for them. Brady’s not as good as he’s been in the past but a stat line of 24 td 8 int with 4000 yards isn’t bad. Just seems like outside of Edelman, they don’t have a target Brady trusts. Nkeal Harry looks like he has potential.