NFL Draft News

tom 48

Post your draft info here. What do teams need and did they get them in the draft? Any underrated players we should look for? Any recent trades or free agency signings which will change focus of a team's draft needs? Here is the layout of the site.

Some mock drafts:

Last edited:
It will be interesting to see how the WRs come off the board, it's an in demand position yet it appears that it is yet again a deep class and there is another talented class due up next year so teams may wait until the mid rounds to pick up talent. The position that could have a bigger run than expected is at OT. More will be known in a week or so when the workouts and interviews will be completed and the rumor season starts.

49ers get 3rd pick from Miami. Speculation is that perhaps Jimmy G will go back to New England.

Miami then continued its dealing just a short time later, sending that No. 12 pick, No. 123 and their 2022 first-round pick to the Eagles in exchange for the No. 6 and No. 156 picks in this year's draft, it was announced.

Looks like they are going all in on Tua which I really don't get. He does everything OK but nothing off the charts which in the current NFL is kind of a bad thing for QBs. Old school scouts and writers love him, analytics types hate him.

The Bengals are in the clear to get Sewell. They can’t f this up. He’s the highest rated OL ever going into the draft by PFF. He seems like a Quenton Nelson type of lock. It truly boggles my mind how anyone could’ve watched one Bengals’ game last yr and think that OL is sufficient.

Miami then continued its dealing just a short time later, sending that No. 12 pick, No. 123 and their 2022 first-round pick to the Eagles in exchange for the No. 6 and No. 156 picks in this year's draft, it was announced.

Looks like they are going all in on Tua which I really don't get. He does everything OK but nothing off the charts which in the current NFL is kind of a bad thing for QBs. Old school scouts and writers love him, analytics types hate him.
He doesn't have the arm needed for the NFL

I think it's a little early to make a call on Tua. He was a rookie that played half a season coming off of a broken hip. I think that Herbert's big year places him under a little more scrutiny. This year will be telling as Miami continues to build, he gains experience and his surrounding cast improves.

Physically, Tua's arm strength is on the low end but his release time is elite. That won't help him on deep sideline routes and curls but he has a chance to be decent with the right coaching and game plan. Only time will tell.

The Bengals are in the clear to get Sewell. They can’t f this up. He’s the highest rated OL ever going into the draft by PFF. He seems like a Quenton Nelson type of lock. It truly boggles my mind how anyone could’ve watched one Bengals’ game last yr and think that OL is sufficient.

no one thinks the OL is sufficient, but as hart isn't playing its better than last season. sewell is a great pick, just remember OL draft is deep and could get a great pick later. also, remember their main area of need is guard. they could draft sewell and move players, but guard is their greatest need after free agency.

sewell, chase, or pitts are all great options.

but........they should trade pick for capital but too dumb.

jtk
()

I'm on board with drafting an OT. I think they could move back to the early 2nd and get more picks. Lots of OT talent in this draft

Any HS grads from Ohio we should be looking out for in the draft? I know Liam Eichenberg, the tackle from Ignatius and Notre Dame, has been projected anywhere from low first to early to mid second.

Last edited:
Any HS grads from Ohio we should be looking out for in the draft? I know Liam Eichenberg, the tackle from Ignatius and Notre Dame, has been projected anywhere from low first to early to mid second.

His fellow ND OL, Tommy Kraemer will likely be drafted in the mid rounds.

Unless Shaun Wade puts up incredible measurables at his solo Pro Day I heard don't be surprised if he turns out to be a 3rd day type draftee. Probably should have come out after the 2019 season...

Unless Shaun Wade puts up incredible measurables at his solo Pro Day I heard don't be surprised if he turns out to be a 3rd day type draftee. Probably should have come out after the 2019 season...

It sure looks like his stock has tumbled since the playoff games.

Yep, Wade has gone from a projected first rounder to possibly a 3rd day slot coverage guy. He also considered skipping the year for Covid which would have helped protect his stock.

Don't look now but it appears that the 49ers traded up to get a shot at Mac Jones, Daniel Jeremiah and Adam Schefter are now reporting this line of thinking. Backs up the fact that the 49ers went to the 'Bama pro day over the tOSU Pro Day. Since then they have asked and have gotten Fields to work out for them during Shuan Wade's Aril 14th pro day but some are saying this is just due diligence. Makes sense since the 49ers run the same offense that the Browns do which places a greater emphasis on quick accurate decision making ability.

Don't look now but it appears that the 49ers traded up to get a shot at Mac Jones, Daniel Jeremiah and Adam Schefter are now reporting this line of thinking. Backs up the fact that the 49ers went to the 'Bama pro day over the tOSU Pro Day. Since then they have asked and have gotten Fields to work out for them during Shuan Wade's Aril 14th pro day but some are saying this is just due diligence. Makes sense since the 49ers run the same offense that the Browns do which places a greater emphasis on quick accurate decision making ability.
I'm always leery of QBs coming out of college that had the amount of talent around them that Jones did.

There were lots of QBs that would have won it all with that team.

Great read on how teams prepare for the draft>

Really interesting that the boards are so small in numbers and why teams panic when they see a player taken that isn't on their board, especially by a Division rival. Also of note, on the player flag symbols is a skull and cross bones for a difficult agent.

More arguments on why the Bengals will pick a receiver instead of a lineman. From Bleacher Report:

1. Early in the draft evaluation process, Oregon's Penei Sewell seemed like a good fit for the Cincinnati Bengals. Quarterback Joe Burrow needs stronger pass protection after spending this past season with an average of 2.3 seconds in a clean pocket before it collapsed.
    During free agency, the Bengals signed offensive tackle Riley Reiff, who had a solid 2020 campaign with the Minnesota Vikings but lost his roster spot. He allowed just one sack in 1,003 offensive snaps, per Pro Football Focus.
    Reiff lined up at right tackle through the 2016 term with the Detroit Lions, and now he could man that spot to bookend the Bengals offensive line opposite 2019 first-rounder Jonah Williams.
    The Bengals don't have a pressing need at tackle, though they can upgrade with Sewell. However, with the Oregon product's experience on the left side, the coaching staff would have to move him to the other end of the line or shift Williams, which isn't an ideal approach.
    Instead, the Bengals can reunite wideout Ja'Marr Chase with Burrow, his former LSU teammate. Cincinnati ran 76 percent of its offensive plays out of three-wide receiver sets in 2020, per Sharp Football Stats, which underlines the importance of their third wideout.
    With the top three draft spots going to quarterbacks and the Atlanta Falcons set at tackle with one Pro Bowler and a recent first-rounder at the position, Sewell could easily fall outside the top five if the Bengals feel confident in Reiff.
    The 2021 class has a strong group of tackles, which gives the Bengals the flexibility to reignite a flame between their quarterback and his best collegiate receiver. After that, they can still find Reiff's eventual successor in the second round.
    Verdict: Buy