New Yorkers can barely live in their apartments because the weed smell is so bad

What amazes me most is that the smell in cars and in stores is usually coming from someone that has multiple young children with them. Apparently, there is no limit nor stigma attached to smoking weed. Driving with children is not an impediment to getting high
My wife tells me all the time how prevalent the smell of marijuana is in the parking lot during morning drop off and afternoon pickup at the elementary school where she teaches.

The thread is about people that are sick of the smell of weed everywhere they go, including having it seep into their own apartment.
Okay, thanks for letting me know. Thankfully I was going off of that poster's mention and comparison to alcohol so my post was completely on topic

My wife tells me all the time how prevalent the smell of marijuana is in the parking lot during morning drop off and afternoon pickup at the elementary school where she teaches.

My daughter’s first smell of weed was from a dad helping to “coach” her youth basketball team in 3rd grade. He wasn’t supposed to be on the court, but kind of slowly crept in closer each game until he was on the bench. He’d blaze in the car before the game then go out again at halftime. Black guy who looked and talked ghetto AF. He wasn’t vetted or registered with the league to be a coach, a league I coached baseball in at that time. The final straw was, during the fifth or sixth game, he rubbed down a players inner thigh with two hands after she got hurt on the court. It looked SO inappropriate even though he probably meant well, but it was a poor choice on his part.

I assumed the pansy white coach was too afraid to say anything as was the rubbed-down girl’s dad, so I met with my buddy who ran the league and had him removed back into the stands. Then the white coach got called racist as did the league, but every parent in that stand was grateful somebody did something about it. The next season, the league implemented new assistant coaching rules where any parent assistant had to be vetted with a background check and a concussion class. The result was a huge drop off in parents helping out in all sports unfortunately.

Edit: when i say “first smell of weed” it wasn’t just a passing sniff one time….this guy reaked for both the hour practices and the weekend games. It was ridiculous for being in a 3rd graders basketball setting.

Last edited:
Places like Put-In-Bay, Cedar Point, and Kings Island are going to be a real treat for everyone this summer. Expect an abundance of skunk smell.

I used to hate going to a restaurant and someone would order their food, then smoke three cigarettes. Salad comes, they eat that, then smoke three more cigarettes before the entree. Etc.

I hate having to put up with smoke in any public space.

I was down in Myrtle Beach for a softball tournament last week and was shocked at how rare that smell was down there. With Ohio going full tilt on marijuana, it is everywhere and impossible (at least for me) to get away from the smell. I'm amazed at how many Ohio drivers have people using it in their cars.

Or I guess there is a possibility that most of the smells that I'm smelling in Ohio really are from skunks and South Carolina doesn't have the same level of infestation with Pepé Le Pew.

I was down in Myrtle Beach for a softball tournament last week and was shocked at how rare that smell was down there.
You were shocked you didn’t smell marijuana in a state that where it’s illegal and people are put in jail for possessing small amounts of it?

You were shocked you didn’t smell marijuana in a state that where it’s illegal and people are put in jail for possessing small amounts of it?
Didn't know that. Couldn't tell you the laws of any state except Ohio. It has become so common that it seemed strange when it wasn't around.

Hi Folks,
I am new to the forum, and I agree, the legalization of marijuana in NY, is STINKING UP OUR COMMUNTIES. I live in a double in Buffalo NY and have lived in this area for 50 years. Thankfully we recently got a new tenant upstairs that detests smoking! Sadly, we have neighbors who moved in that smoke weed all day and it gets into our house. We cant open windows without fearing we are going to get a dose of that STINK, we cannot turn on our air conditioners in the summer either. I simply cannot believe HOW anyone thought the legalizing this drug would be a good idea! I have asthma and terrible sinus issues, and it has caused so much trouble with my health that we have to move! Please if anyone knows of any groups locally and Statewide that are fighting this to "STOP the STINK" please send me a message. I would love to help fight the madness.

They have the shops on every corner in Myrtle Beach selling the Delta 8 and THCA strands that Trump legalized in 2016. It really isn't much different than the real stuff and certainly doesn't smell any different. I was there in December for the Myrtle Beach Bowl and we had no problem legally securing the products we wanted.

They have the shops on every corner in Myrtle Beach selling the Delta 8 and THCA strands that Trump legalized in 2016. It really isn't much different than the real stuff and certainly doesn't smell any different. I was there in December for the Myrtle Beach Bowl and we had no problem legally securing the products we wanted.

It’s WAY different if that weak stuff you can get in Gatlinburg.